What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Update Flower Day 56

Update Flower Day 56

At the eight week mark and the ladies are winding down. I found a pencil eraser size spot of bud rot on one of the BBxWW colas so she is going to be harvested today. I inspected the rest of the ladies and they look good for now. All are running about 90% cloudy trichs with maybe two or three percent amber. I'm hoping the other ladies will make it to the nine week mark just to see what happens. These are all eight to ten week strains but I've always harvested at the seven to eight week mark - usually do to some bullshit circumstance like bud rot. Fingers crossed this time.

Last pic of all the ladies standing this morning. Will post a few pics of the BBxWW once chopped:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

BBxWW Harvest

BBxWW Harvest

The misses and I finished rough trimming the BBxWW a few minutes ago. This first plant tells me I'm going to be a fan of the defol technique I used this time (Big thanks to member Ichabod Crane). I have never had larger or denser buds in any previous grow.

I'm guessing around six zips when dry enough to jar but that's just a wild ass guess since I've never had buds this size to deal with. Most importantly there was virtually no larf or popcorn. The total trim from this plant is about one half, maybe even a third, the amount we usually have. That is actually a two edge sword though. I'll miss all that trim for making oil and gummies.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Final Flower Update

Final Flower Update

The remaining three ladies were harvested yesterday and the BBxWW went into jars. No pics now but I will get some bud pics once everything is in jars and I can get some weights. The remaining three ladies trimmed up like the BBxWW with virtually no larf so I am a happy camper.

Cleaned the room and am about to put four more ladies in. Pics when that's done too.

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The remaining three ladies were harvested yesterday and the BBxWW went into jars. No pics now but I will get some bud pics once everything is in jars and I can get some weights. The remaining three ladies trimmed up like the BBxWW with virtually no larf so I am a happy camper.

Cleaned the room and am about to put four more ladies in. Pics when that's done too.

Peace,
starke

Good job starke and good haul look forward to more updates.:tiphat:

starke

Here We Go Again

Here We Go Again

I put four more ladies under the screen on Saturday. To answer olday's question in the last post, this round will consist of a Liberty Haze in the front position followed by Super Lemon Haze, a Tripleberry #14 pheno from member browntrout's genetics and a Hawaiian Snow at the rear.

How they looked on Saturday:

picture.php

And how they look this morning:

picture.php

The only change made for this run is I have covered the outside of each bucket with panda film to try and prevent algae. When I pulled the root balls from the last grow the outside of each root ball was covered in green algae. I don't know the science but I'm betting the algae relationship with the roots is more competitive than symbiotic. Too much light penetration, even through the dark blue plastic.

picture.php

On another note, the root balls were also the densest I've ever had. Given that nothing else much had changed from previous grows, I'm attributing this to the more even watering from combining the six inch and nine inch drip rings in each bucket. This modification will stay for future grows.

I'm planning on vegging until Friday just to give them time to adjust to the new room and lighting. Flower starts Saturday.

Peace,
starke

olday

Veteran
Love all the sativa leaning girls for the run, looking forward to the smoke reports as well!

Forgot to ask - what are the 3 blue pad things in there, was that just a part of the space or is that something for the hydro setup?

starke

Update Flower Day 1

Update Flower Day 1

So the flip went down last night and we are on our way:

picture.php

Final update from the last grow. Everything is now in jars between 62% and 65% RH. Weights came in as follows:

BBxWW 251.87 grams 10.7 oz
Sour Orange Diesel 212.87 grams 7.5 oz
Tripleberry #13 245.35 grams 8.6 oz
Liberty Haze 245.53 grams 8.6 oz

Total 955.62 grams 33.7 zips 2.1 #

Peace,
starke

starke

Update Flower Day 7

Update Flower Day 7

A week since the flip and the ladies are doing the stretch thing and putting on bud sites. As usual the Hawaiian Snow could use less N but I'm not mixing a separate batch of nutes for one plant. Nothing much else to report. Next update in a week. The ladies this morning:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Update Flower Day 14

Update Flower Day 14

Two weeks since the flip and nothing much to report. Bud sites continue popping up and it looks like the stretch is playing out. The ladies all seem happy enough so far. The Hawaiian Snow as usual is the darkest green. I swear she manufactures her own N.

Anyway, the canopy could be more even but I'm about done messing with it. Next Saturday I will begin the PITA defol process.

The canopy as of this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Update Flower Day 21

Update Flower Day 21

Three weeks in and things are chugging along nicely. I should have started the defol today but life got in the way. That will get done in the next day or two.

I noticed a couple of white flies when I went in at lights on this morning so I've hung a couple of sticky traps. Too late for chemicals now. I have a feeling white flies will continue to be an almost constant companion since I have a year round outdoor vegetable garden. I would have to implement almost fanatical clean room standards to try and stop cross contamination. As many times a day as I mess around in both the inside and outside gardens, I would have to invest in throwaway paper coveralls just to avoid the excessive clothing changes and laundry that would be required.

Anyway, here are the ladies as of this afternoon:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Three weeks in and things are chugging along nicely. I should have started the defol today but life got in the way. That will get done in the next day or two.

I noticed a couple of white flies when I went in at lights on this morning so I've hung a couple of sticky traps. Too late for chemicals now. I have a feeling white flies will continue to be an almost constant companion since I have a year round outdoor vegetable garden. I would have to implement almost fanatical clean room standards to try and stop cross contamination. As many times a day as I mess around in both the inside and outside gardens, I would have to invest in throwaway paper coveralls just to avoid the excessive clothing changes and laundry that would be required.

Anyway, here are the ladies as of this afternoon:

View Image

Peace,
starke

Splendid work starke as usual keep it up m8 looking nice again :tiphat:

M

mrghost

Go for some predatory insects. The'll get rid of the white flies easily. White flies are even easier to get rid of than aphids. Ichneumonidae (or parasitoid wasp, darwin wasp) is what you're looking for. If you don't want them in your indoor garden just give them a good home outdoor and they'll stick around. They love to inject their eggs in caterpillars too, so if you have some butterflies and moths outside it's likely the wasps will stay around or even come by themselves. There are reasons why diverse gardens have almost no issues with pests. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts