What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Flower Day 7

Flower Day 7

Just a quick update to mark the end of the first week of flower. The ladies are well into the stretch and I will be fighting them for at least another week. So far, so good though I think. Tuckin' and clippin', clippin' and tuckin'.

Feeding at 1.2ec through the stretch and at the end of a week the ladies seem happy with it. Temps running right at 84F and they are digging that too with the LEDs.

The ladies this morning:

picture.php

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

M

mrghost

The ladies are well into the stretch and I will be fighting them for at least another week. So far, so good though I think. Tuckin' and clippin', clippin' and tuckin'.

Sounds very familiar. I love the fact that I know my ladies very well.
IMHO one of the greatest advantages of working with clones is knowing exactly what to expect every time.
In my last runs I tended to give my ladies a lot more room and work without a trellis. Instead I left 4 - 5 of the biggest branches and removed the rest. I don't grow for mass and more space allows for easier environment management.

BTW looking really good. The ladies seem very happy and healthy.

starke

Update Flower Day 14

Update Flower Day 14

Today marks the end of the second week of 11/13 and the ladies have continued to stretch. Fortunately they are about done since I am about out of height. Going to have to get creative with some super cropping and maybe another screen. Some of the tallest tops are pushing 1500 umols. This is excessive even if I was running CO2 (which I'm not) so I'm suprised I'm not seeing any burning.

The ladies are happy with the 1.2ec but this will be dropped back to 1.0 at the next rez change tomorrow or Thursday.

Really looks like a jungle in the room right now. I'm looking forward to the defol due next week. The ladies even need their legs shaved again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace.
starke

M

mrghost

@starke Holy moly...

BTW.. the link in your sig is broken: "My Ongoing Grow Diary: Current grow begins on page 43."

unnamedmike

They are super healthy, what a beautiful crop! It's a pleasure to see your updates. :tiphat: In case I can help for stretch, to my sativas help a lot lower the amount of nitrogen, somehow behaves like pgr. My destroyer behaves as with light pollution.

starke

im enjoying! this is going to be a lot of bud! hehe!

@starke Holy moly...

BTW.. the link in your sig is broken: "My Ongoing Grow Diary: Current grow begins on page 43."

They are super healthy, what a beautiful crop! It's a pleasure to see your updates. :tiphat: In case I can help for stretch, to my sativas help a lot lower the amount of nitrogen, somehow behaves like pgr. My destroyer behaves as with light pollution.

LungCooking: Fingers crossed. Thanks for the +vibes.

mrghost: Thanks for the ++ and the heads up. I think it's fixed.

unnamedmike: Thanks for the info. Am dropping the N ratio on the next rez along with the total ec.

smilley

Veteran
Great thread Starke. You really pay attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing the scrog play out, it looks perfectly set up:)

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah it is going to be a pleasure to watch this one finish up. Nice work. Chunky frosty flowers approaching.

starke

Update Flower Day 21

Update Flower Day 21

Three weeks since the flip and the ladies appear to be enjoying life. Running nutes at 1.0ec and will continue to do so this next week anyway.

Got started on the defol today. Had plenty of room to work under the screen and made good progress there. Here is a before and after:
picture.php

picture.php

The top side needs even more defol but is slow going due to the height. Going to construct a custom ladder/step stool that will fit in the walkway and give me about 10 inches of lift. Here is how the top side currently looks:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More pics when I get done with the defol on top, or next week, whichever comes first.
Peace,
starke

Ruby_Abu

Finished installing the SCROG screens in the room a few minutes ago and thought I'd post up some pics before I forget.

The screens are simple screwed together 1x4 frames with 2"x3" fence wire stapled to the top. Each frame is 40" x 46". Two frames were necessary because the layout of the veg room and flower room doors will not allow items longer than about six feet to be placed in the room because of the way the doors are offset. Here is the rear screen in place:

View Image

The screens are held along the long wall of the room by resting on simple 1x4 cleats secured to the wall studs. The front of each screen is held by a simple block cleat leg in each corner and one leg in the middle locking together the middle frame members.

Wall cleat:

View Image

Front corner leg:

View Image

Leg in place:

View Image

Center leg:

View Image

Continued below...

Then, looks much better. I like the clear and thin legs. Lol

starke

Update Flower Day 28

Update Flower Day 28

Today marks four weeks since the flip and the ladies continue to do their thing. Never did finish the defol and am going to just let nature take its' course at this point. Already planning the room mod that will solve my defol issue for the next run. Going to work on getting some more height out of my lights too. Will improve the evenness of the coverage

Still running 1.0 ec but will be dropping it back to .8 later this week.

The ladies are busy building buds at this point and are just now showing some stacking. Fingers crossed things stay smooth. Next update in a week.

Last Week:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

A closeup of one of the Sour Orange Diesel buds:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

M

mrghost

Looks like it was a lucky flip. They look amazing for 3-4 weeks after the flip

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hey Starke! :tiphat:

I was just updating my grow thread after a month or so of silence, and seen where you mentioned that you too have incorporated an automatic watering/feeding system into your grow as well. Wanted to stop by and check it out... Shit looks great man! Good job and I already know your loving the hands free labor of watering, lol I know I will.

Bout how much did it break you down financially?? Yours is a bit different than what mine will be. How many gallon reservoir did you get and what kind of pumps, timers, emitters, etc did you go with?

Looks good man, keep up the good work! That screen is filling in nicely bro... :biggrin:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Oh, and what kind of nutes are you running? I must have missed that in your thread somewhere. Have Kinda just skimmed around..

Latest posts

Latest posts