What's new

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Weekly Update Flower Day 21

Weekly Update Flower Day 21

Today marks the end of the third week of flower and the ladies continue to do well. They have recovered nicely from the defoliation last week and are concentrating on making buds. Fed this past week at the 100g/60g flower ratio at 1.0ec and the ladies seem OK with it. Stretch is pretty much over so I'm going to back the ec down to .8.

Transplanted the eight clones for the next round from solos into their intermediate containers and bent them over to begin their training.

The misses and I are headed out of town tomorrow for about two weeks so this will be the last update until we return. I'm lucky to have a young lady who house sits for us who is also into growing weed. She has taken excellent care of the girls in the past and I'm confidant she will do so again.

Last week after defol:

picture.php

This morning:

picture.php

The next generation:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Flower Day 37

Flower Day 37

Got home yesterday afternoon and crashed. The young lady who house sat did her usual outstanding job taking care of the girls and they are looking well. They have chunked up quite a bit in the last two weeks and numerous colas are now flopping towards the floor. That will be remedied with some yo-yos this evening. Have some slight tip burn on the ladies so I'm going to back the feed down a tad. I left her pre-measured amounts of the Jacks for what I had calculated for a .8ec mix. The 30 gallons she mixed right before we got home is reading 1.1ec so I screwed something up.

A complete update and better pics coming on Tuesday.

Peace,
starke

Two Weeks Ago:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

picture.php

starke

Update Flower Day 42

Update Flower Day 42

Today marks the end of week six of flower. The ladies had a large number of colas that had flopped to the floor while we were away. Between yo-yos and bamboo stakes I have the majority of them in the light again. Defoliated quite a few that were not going to be close enough to the top of the canopy to finish properly. They will be headed to the butter bin.

Anyway, here are the ladies as they look today.

picture.php

And a few bud shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looks great, on vacation myself atm. No house sitter, planed it so nothing in flower either.
Went home twice during my 3 week vacation to garden, the vegging plants :D

Would be great with a sitter tho, but got no one I trust to do it.

justiceman

Veteran
Definitely looking awesome for sure:dance013: I love how everything went smooth as butter while you were away.

starke

Palindrome/Justiceman: I really am lucky to have found someone so young (twenty something) who not only has an old school work ethic, but who also loves the herb and wants to grow it. First time I met her and began explaining what she would need to do (soil and KISS) she walked over to my desk, picked up my notepad and began taking notes. She has followed along through the transitions from the tent to the room and soil to the various Hempy iterations. Her notes have grown in thickness over the last couple of years but she has never missed a beat...and unlike me...has yet to kill a plant.

ColoSpringBudZ: I always appreciate the encouragement.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Palindrome/Justiceman: I really am lucky to have found someone so young (twenty something) who not only has an old school work ethic, but who also loves the herb and wants to grow it. First time I met her and began explaining what she would need to do (soil and KISS) she walked over to my desk, picked up my notepad and began taking notes. She has followed along through the transitions from the tent to the room and soil to the various Hempy iterations. Her notes have grown in thickness over the last couple of years but she has never missed a beat...and unlike me...has yet to kill a plant.

It's funny, over the years I have helped many people learn to grow.
Mainly aeroponics and hydro, and found that chicks are often much better at taking note of what you say, and follow your dirrection.
Where men often wanna be told what they already think they know, is 100% correct and your just there to insure them it's all perfect.

Or they change things, after they read some "off" advice from someone growing in a different way. :biggrin:

You surely are lucky with a grow sitter like yours! Big probs to the both of you!

starke

Thanks caljim. So far the new Jack's ratios have worked out fantastic. Thanks again for sharing them.

Goats

Thanks caljim. So far the new Jack's ratios have worked out fantastic. Thanks again for sharing them.

i'm curious what those ratios may be. i am a 3:2:1 user myself. i plan to flower with veg+bloom this run, but always interested in new things that work!

starke

Hi Goats:

100 grams Jacks to 80 grams Calnit for veg at about 1.3ec.

100 grams Jacks to 60 grams Calnit for flower at about .8ec

starke

Weekly Update Flower Day 49

Weekly Update Flower Day 49

Today is the end of seven weeks of flower and the buds are swelling nicely. Somewhere between 10 days and two weeks left. Have to keep a close eye on the Hawaiian Snow this time. Last round she went from no amber trichs to 20% amber in about three days. I mixed up what will be the last feed this morning, a 30 gallon batch at .6ec. Two feedings with that and then flush with .2ec well water until harvest.

Just a few random bud shots this time:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Last edited:

starke

Update Flower Day 56

Update Flower Day 56

Today closes out week eight of flower. The ladies are beginning to wind down with the Hawaiian Snow finishing the fastest once again. She will probably be harvested one day this week as when I checked her last night she was about 10% amber. The rest look like they will go the full nine weeks.

The ladies received their first flush with just ph'd well water yesterday so the end is in sight. They have flushed fairly quickly in the Hempy medium in the past and I expect this round to flush a bit quicker with the vermiculite no longer in the mix.

Anyway - here's some pics across the canopy. Next update will hopefully be harvest.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

starke

I have not been growing long enough to have earned much of a right to bitch...but WTF?

Is there any such thing as the perfect grow? You know, trouble free from beginning to end.

Every grow I have done so far has suffered from some obstacle. Nutes, lights, hurricanes, mites - and thats just the grows documented here in this grow diary.

Really thought this grow was on track to be my first without issue, HOWEVER, I went in to check on the ladies about an hour ago and found three spots of bud rot on three separate plants. I immediately cut the infected colas off, but harvest will be in the morning. I'm not taking any chance of this stuff getting out of hand, much as I would like to give them another four or five days to flush and finish.

So now I can add bud rot to my list of obstacles to be conquered. Fuck.

Pics sometime tomorrow after the chop.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looks really great mate!

A little bud rot, it happens.
Maybe get a dehumidifyer, for the next run.
Thats what I did, after I found a little bud rot in last harvest time.

Im hoping that will eleminate the problem, in the future.

Latest posts

Latest posts