What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg x Biker Test Grow (Karma Genetics)

EastCoast710

Ive said what I like about it, but there are some negatives.

The flowers are light in weight. A 1/4 oz looks huge in the bag.
I grew in 7gln pots and only yielded around 35 grams per plant.
I am disappointed with the yields weight, since I vegged for a good long time and they were very healthy when up-potted.
I was hoping for 2+ ounces off each of 6 plants, which would be 12 ounces.... but only got 6+ ounces.

The plants got topped once and the bottom side branches grew to basically be tops.
I thought Ide get much more product from the longer veg time and bigger pots but it didnt happen.

The RD#4 which looked sativa dom, doesnt smell or taste nearly as good as the RD#3.
Im gonna keep the RD#3 for future pollin chuckin', but Im not gonna grow these out again.
Not enough yield, and too long of a flowering time.
The final product, may be good smoke, but its not good enough to flower the extra month.
A great thing is, that the plants are stable. Not 1 hermi sack.

I think the StarDawg and the Biker may be better by themselves?
Atleast they look better in the pics anyways.
Do you find the same negatives and positives as me Pragma?

I know you said you disagree with the bottom buds being small. But other than that, any thoughts?
Im just trying to be as honest as possible. I atleast owe Karma that for allowing me to be a tester.

wow .. under 1000w? u only got a half pound?

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Nice lookin girl u got there!! Def like the bud structure im seeing... looks tight!!!

Ive said what I like about it, but there are some negatives.

The flowers are light in weight. A 1/4 oz looks huge in the bag.
I grew in 7gln pots and only yielded around 35 grams per plant.
I am disappointed with the yields weight, since I vegged for a good long time and they were very healthy when up-potted.
I was hoping for 2+ ounces off each of 6 plants, which would be 12 ounces.... but only got 6+ ounces.

The plants got topped once and the bottom side branches grew to basically be tops.
I thought Ide get much more product from the longer veg time and bigger pots but it didnt happen.

The RD#4 which looked sativa dom, doesnt smell or taste nearly as good as the RD#3.
Im gonna keep the RD#3 for future pollin chuckin', but Im not gonna grow these out again.
Not enough yield, and too long of a flowering time.
The final product, may be good smoke, but its not good enough to flower the extra month.
A great thing is, that the plants are stable. Not 1 hermi sack.

I think the StarDawg and the Biker may be better by themselves?
Atleast they look better in the pics anyways.
Do you find the same negatives and positives as me Pragma?

I know you said you disagree with the bottom buds being small. But other than that, any thoughts?
Im just trying to be as honest as possible. I atleast owe Karma that for allowing me to be a tester.

I think your run aint a test run. You seeded parts that changes the whole crop and how the female flowers. Also why your plant kept flowering longer. I think a few things in your run didnt go smooth and effect your yields and lower buds not getting tight.

All my results and other testers been very good yields. Only downfall we found is the thin branches. Flowertime is on the longside being 9 to 11 weeks.

I disagree on your yield results as genetics.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Looking amazing man.
Long fat colas on the 1 and looks like the 3 is starting to purp a bit.
Cant wait to see all the phenos :D

:tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The RoadDawg never got seeded at all. I havent found any seeds in any of the buds Ive trimmed. The tops are dense and round. Just light.
Maybe I need a new bulb? I have a grow computer so the environment was at its best.
If it was something I did then thats on me and you may be right....it may not be the genetics. They did yellow out abit earlier since Im a very light feeder. I dont understand what I could have done to make the bottom flowers so small though? Im just trying to be honest with all parts of my experience.
I did just as you asked of me. This was a legit test run. I even bought brand new 7gln pots with trays to give them ample root space. I let them veg a long time and gaine good size before flipping in perfect health. The Road Dawgs never got even a touch of pollin on them. They are true sensimilla.
I took the Sour Dubb S1 and GG#4 out of the room, to pollinate them with the male RD, that was in another room.

I still have 2 going that are on week 12. Heres pics of the one that went purple here and there ~

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Brother i apoligize. Afther your post and seeing the pic.s where they started throwing out white pistols again . I asumed.

But yes your yield results seem to be differnt then others.

How many pheno.s did you get ? Any difernce.s in yields on them ?

EastCoast710

i just had a bad yield on half my tent because of stoner error.. put my old bulb from hood into new box put new bulb in.. then took old bulb out of new box thinking it was a new bulb.. and put in other side.. 1 side was dense as fuck. perfect yield.. other side.. was retarded.. like Overgrow said.. 1/4 is huge.. lol. i had to mix it up lol lucky for the holidays!!!! saved the day..

Pragma

Let me remind you folks that Stardawg related strains need to be perfectly dialed in to yield to their full potential or else they will throw small dense nugs that won't fill the stem. Same for Kush strains for that matter. They also love their light intensity so old bulbs won't cut it.

Been there done that with my Stardawgs. For all intents and purposes this cross yields better than Stardawg from what I can see.

As far as looks and yield etc. the strain seems pretty good.
The most important points to judge are yet to come tho.
I'll let you know how they smell, taste, and hit pretty soon.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Brother i apoligize. Afther your post and seeing the pic.s where they started throwing out white pistols again . I asumed.

But yes your yield results seem to be differnt then others.

How many pheno.s did you get ? Any difernce.s in yields on them ?

No need to apoligize brotha Karma. I had 6 females total. All abit different than eachother. So a total of 6 phenos. They went from 1's. To 3's. To 7 gln pots, never being rootbound.
I used FFOF soil with mycrohortizea(spelling?) added when I uppotted to the 7's.
The temps were as follows:
82* day
79* night
I didnt give them any nutes until week 5 flower, but 5 of the phenos could've used some N before the flip and at week 4 to stop the fading of the fans abit early. The week 5 feeding and week 7 feeding was just enough to give them what they needed.

I had 4 phenos that were the smaller yielding and 2 that had the bigger tops. #3 and #4.
The RD#3 is the best yielding and best tasting.
It has nice tops and decent middles. The bottoms were'nt anything though. Very small. I should've trimmed those up anyways, but I left them on to see how big/small the pheno grows them out and where the best place is to stop cutting off the bottom branches pre-flip.

Im sure another grow of Pheno#3 from clone may be a much better yielder. It is a very bushy clone with extra tight internode spacing. More tops on the plant from topping alot.
I wasnt putting this strain down by any means. Its great smoke. I like it alot.
Taste on every pheno I have smoked so far is really good. The smell on every pheno is LOUD! Chemmy danky goodness.
I enjoy the effect too. Happy-happy Joy-joy! :dance013:

I have the 2 phenos still going at week 12 but they are ripening up at the tops now. 1 more week and they'll be ready. Maybe 5 days? They buds are all dense and tight. Round and stinky.:tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I'll let you know how they smell, taste, and hit pretty soon.

Looking forward to your results and opinions on this strain Pragma. We pretty much did our grows at the same time.
I feel like we were in it together in a way. :biggrin:
How many weeks are they taking to finish for you with mostly cloudy trichs?

Pragma

10 weeks as usual for these strains.
You might be needing a new bulb or perhaps check on your enviro conditions bro

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I will be getting a new bulb for the next wave of goodness.
My computer keeps the environment perfect.
Ill give the #3 another shot. I got a nice bushy clone thats been in veg for 12 weeks.
I like the taste and smell alot.

Pragma

Harvest Pics !
I actually took pics before chopping but the focus for some reason wasn't good, so I took pics again the next day while they were hanging to dry.

#1:
g86ztXt.jpg

2j2es8C.jpg

#3:
gkSBvBP.jpg

Ag3fXuJ.jpg

Smoke report soon !
I have these two phenos in their 3rd week of flower and they are properly vegged there.

Pragma

I will be smoke testing these tomorrow with a friend.
Holy shit are they resinous. These buds are totally white.
I don't have a macro lens so I'll try my best to snap some shots tomorrow before I smoke em.

nickman

Veteran
Really nice looking plants Pragma...!!!... Looks like you did a great job man... Looking forward to the smoke report...

TDK

Veteran
great with some colors

I don't have a macro lens so I'll try my best to snap some shots tomorrow before I smoke em.

hope we can see something..hehe
some mobiles can make good pics with there zoom funktion

regards
:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts