What's new

Stardawg x Biker - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Think shes ready at week 10? or does she need to go to 11 weeks?
Cant wait till my 6 RoadDawgs start to flower. Got mad backup clones. :)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Plants are looking fire mang!!! It looks like the Stardawg dominates in this hybrid. Definitely not a bad thing, lol.

nickman

Veteran
Now that girl is just looking so good... Like u said, she's looking better and frostier every time I see her on the new updates... I can't believe how much she's stinking for you... When I grew the headbanger I had that same problem... It literally stunk half my block up at certain times...-which is not a good thing...!!!...(if u get my drift)...!!!...

Also I totally understand about what your saying with trying to take quality pics of these plants when ur in a dark ass basement or attic or somewhere like that... That has the worst lighting possable... Also trying to take the plants out of the room or tent so the picture doesn't have that yellow black strips across the pic is a pain in the ass too...
That's the main reason it's so hard for me to do updates with pictures- it's just a pain in the ass doing all that moving stuff around, worrying if ur gonna snap a branch or something... All that and u have bad lighting to deal with so its even harder to get a half decent picture...

Sorry for ranting dude...
I'm very interested in this cross from what I'm seeing here... U do her justice...

Kalyx

@Bmac1 - Thanks brotha! I hope you are keeping well?

@OvergrowDaWorld - She was looking nice and ready at 10 weeks, my math had been off and I was thinking she was a week farther along than she was. After all was said and done though I took her down just shy of 11 weeks, she looked good to go at 10.

@who dat is - Thanks bro, cant wait to sample this lady.

@DoubleTripleOG - Thank you I appreciate it. The Stardawg has been very dominate in the plants I have run so far and its a very good thing in my opinion as well. The Biker lets his pressence be known in the look and structure of her. Seems like a great pairing in my book and I swear over all the petrol funk when harvesting I was getting hints pledge and pinesol.

@nickman - Thanks nick, really appreciate the kind words. The smoke test is what matters most but everything else about growing this strain has been a great adventure. No worries on the ranting, Im with ya I feel your pain. Im just glad I don't stick my plants in a trellis that would make picture documentation quite the tricky task.

@dank.frank - Thanks my man, Karma is always bringing the fire to the table.

Update 10/18 - Flower Day 75 - Harvest Time

Yep thats right this sexy beast has finally come to the end of her cycle. I could have taken her a little earlier, I could have let her go a little longer but 75 days just felt and looked right. The next round of clones is well under way now with one flowering in my tent and another in El Dorado. I have been slacking getting pictures of my ladies in El Dorado but I do have some from the tent. Still not much too see with the clones as they are now just over two weeks and a week into 12/12. I loved growing this strain, I was excited before I popped the seeds but knew I was in for a special ride when the plants started stinking at a couple weeks old. An easy strain to grow and keep happy, requires staking and support but is very easy to manage with her structure. Extremely high calyx to leaf ratio made for a very quick harvest and I know trimming her will be a breeze. This strain is a stinker maybe be the only draw back for those worried about odor control.

I have written a lot of text with this log and the change since the last update has been very minimal as she finished ripening up. That being said, I will keep the text limited for this harvest update and let the pictures speak for themselves. In terms of the two clones that are currently in flower there is little to see now but the stretch has really started to set in on the first clone. The clones unlike the seed plant have been topped and received some training. I will be looking to see the growth and structure differences and of course trying to get this lady better dialed. I will most likely take one of the clones at 10 weeks and the other at either 11 or 12 weeks to see what the differences are.

Road Dawg #3 C1A

picture.php

picture.php

Road Dawg #3 - Harvest Day

Stinky, stinky, stinky god her smell is intoxicating and pungent. The type of smell that bites you in your nostrils and makes you start to salivate when getting a wiff. Smells are dominated by the Stardawg but I swear at harvest I was getting hints and undertones of that lemon, piney Og funk. What doesn't hide from you is a pungent, skunk, sour, petrol, tennis ball, airplane glue, chem funk. The smells in the house over the next week while she is drying is going to be intense. I will just hope for no unexpected visitors cause there will be no hiding it, shit you will probably be able to smell her from outside the front door.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 10/18 - Flower Day 75 - Harvest Time

She is so frosted and so greasy, I just love the fat swollen buds she produces. I know her smell and bag appeal will be amazing, Im pretty confident the flavor and high will match up. Honestly, it was a little bitter sweet cutting her down, she was so pretty it was sad to see her go. Im rife with anticipation to see her fat nuggets filling my jar and the chance to smoke her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

One last round of pics I just couldn't resist.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smoke report and nug pictures coming soon.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
@DoubleTripleOG - Thank you I appreciate it. The Stardawg has been very dominate in the plants I have run so far and its a very good thing in my opinion as well. The Biker lets his pressence be known in the look and structure of her. Seems like a great pairing in my book and I swear over all the petrol funk when harvesting I was getting hints pledge and pinesol.

@Kalyx-That's what I like to hear!! DABS OF PLEDGE!!!!

Kalyx

@DoubleTripleOG - She is looking to shape into one tasty treat, I cant wait.

@nickman - Thanks brotha she is an impressive beauty, Im very pleased.

@OvergrowDaWorld - Thanks man I really appreciate the kind words. It was an honor and I was very blessed to be able to run this strain.

Kalyx

Update 11/1 - Dried Flowers

This is just going to be a quick update and brief smoke report, I really just wanted to get some nug shots posted up. These buds have only been dried for 7 days and cured in mason jars for 7 days up to this point. I think I will wait till they have at least 2-4 weeks cure before trying to do an accurate smoke report.

This was an amazing plant to grow, very easy to keep happy and take care of and she rewarded me very well. Her buds are not super dense but they are fat and chunky and she has some really nice yield potential on her. First round of clones are in flower with the stretch really starting to set in. I have noticed the clones appear to grow much more viney than the seed plant although she was viney herself. She does require lots of support but is very easy to tie up and manage.

She was an amazingly beautiful plant to look at and smell in flower and her dried buds don't disappoint. The nuggets are covered in frost with a great lime green coloring, the bag appeal is really top notch on her. Smell wise, opening a jar just engulfs a room in the stench of a skunk, breaking up and smelling her buds is a true pleasure to the senses. Her resin is insanely sticky, even grabbing a bud out of the jar leaves your fingers feeling like they were dipped in honey. After handling the buds or loading a bowl I need to break out the rubbing alcohol to remove the resin before doing anything else. Soap doesn't work and my fingers are left so sticky I cant even use a lighter until its cleaned off.

She is clearly a Stardawg dom plant in appearance, smells and taste yet the Og in her genetics is evident in all aspects. Flavor on this lady is excellent and more specifically she is very Chem4 dom in her flavor. Now Chem4 is a really nice smoke, good potency and very strong terps, but something I get tired of fairly quickly. The Chem4 flavor can become a little much for me but not with this girl. The chemical flavor mixes in perfectly with other notes of pine, skunk, lemon, tennis balls, rubber, petrol with hints of guava and an undeniable Og funk on the bottom end. Her flavor gets me to keep coming back for more, I cant stop reaching for her jar. The strength and complexities of her flavor gets better and better the more she cures.

The potency with her very strong and very sativa dom, smoke too much and she can knock you out though. The past few days she has been an amazing day time smoke for me. Very cerebral, inspiring and creative high, it puts a smile on my face every time and really helps to ease any anxiety or stress. She has the traits I love in a sativa high with none that I dont, like paranoia or racey effects. Once I get a better cure on her I will come and provide a more detailed and comprehensive smoke report.

Another great Karma strain, this line has a lot of potential. Im in love with this lady I found, she will be in my garden next to my Karmas Og keeper for a long time to come.

Road Dawg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Full smoke report coming soon.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Another great write up Kalyx. The flowers look really sticky and potent.
Im thinking that GG#4 x RoadDawg will be an excellent choice for a cross after reading this.
Im at week 3 of flower and they have big round cottonballs so far. I have one plant...the RD#4, that is very viney and skinny, but the cottonballs are the biggest and the structure looks the best. The bottom branches caught up to the tops.
Im having some issues with the plants being lighter green than I like.
Gave them some Grow Big and Big Bloom to help with that.
Looking forward to the final product around X-Mas.

GSPfan

Veteran
Awesome job brother Kalyx! You really have a way with words. I love to read your description of your plants.

nice tester thread, rarely find one start to finish. I would love to smoke some of this cross while out fishing, make not catching anything more bearable lol

This shit looks amazing, man! I've got a lot to look forward to with these.... mine are still in veg, stinkin' up my house as I don't have a veg filter either.

How much did RoadDawg stretch for you? Trying to get mine to finish about 4-5ft