What's new

Stardawg x Biker - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Looking fantastic Kalyx! Cant wait to flip these beasts in 2 weeks.
I'll be pollinating a few branches of GG#4 with a male RoadDawg I kept. :biggrin:

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking very good Kalyx. I can almost smell them through the screen. There definitely some odd smells that us pot heads find intoxicating. A non smoker would be like WTF?

"straight funk of new tennis balls, burnt rubber, sour skunky chem explosion."

anigif_enhanced-29866-1408582392-1.gif

Kalyx

@nickman - Thanks man, Love this girl she is my favorite plant in flower right now. She has a ridiculous stank to her thats very hard to contain.

@OvergrowDaWorld - Thanks man I appreciate it, this girl is looking and stinking better by the day. The GG4 x RoadDawg sounds like a great match, that should produce some seriously stanky offspring. Will be looking forward to see how your ladies progress through flower.

@Bmac1 - Thanks lol your images always get me cracking up, now I need to go watch Dumb and Dumber lol. You have got to love those smells that are hell and rancid to a non-smoker yet canna-bliss heaven to a stoner.

Update 9/28 - Flower Day 54

I missed doing any updates last week, was really busy and slowed down with a cold. I was able to get plenty of time with my girls this weekend and go crazy with pictures. Things are moving along great, this baby is on the home stretch now and looking like a winner. She is a pleasure to grow, headache free and she just wants to shine. She is the first lady to flower in my new soil and amendment mix, so far really impressed with the results Im seeing with her and others. This girl does appear to want more cal/mag than my other ladies and what she is getting from the soil.

She is nearly at 8 weeks now and Im thinking that she will go probably 10 weeks maybe 11 to finish up. She will probably get a little cal/mag and will brew up one last tea for her before flushing her out the rest of the way. The flowers have really starting putting on some weight the past couple weeks as her branches have really begun flopping all over the place. Her structure is great, lots of long straight vertical branches with nice spacing made her really easy to tie up and support.

picture.php

picture.php

She really appears to be a nice mix of both parents in growth and structure. Her node spacing and bud sets take on the Og traits from the daddy, her leaves take after mommy. They way the bud sets are stacking up look like an Og yet the flowers on them really take more after the mom in the cross. Instead of a bunch of round, dense golf-ball nuggets, she is loaded with fat, pointy spear-shaped nuggets. To me at least they look like they would be the types of flowers you would see on big colas not Og like nuggets.

picture.php

As time goes on her smell just seems to keep getting stronger and more complex. Recently I have gotten nothing sweet, guava/mangoish or tropical, those smells she had in veg and at the start of flower have all vanished. She has a very loud and proud chemmy, petrol, tennis ball, skunk and Im starting to get some hints of piney og funk. The congestion from my cold is still lingering around and it has made smelling things the past 2 weeks very hard. Her smell has cut through my congestion the whole time, even when I could really smell much of anything from other plants.

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 9/28 - Flower Day 54

I had to include some more pictures, just too hard not to with this photogenic beauty. It was hard to just pick a few shots to upload from the frenzy I went on this weekend. The flowers really appear to be packing on the weight in recent weeks, she doesnt look ready to slow down yet. The majority of her hairs are still white and the buds really look to have a lot of swelling left to do. The plant does have thin branches but they are stronger than they look. Initially a couple weeks back I just needed to tie up the main branches, now all of her branches had to be tied up and supported. Her buds are filling in well to the bottom of the plant, the long node spacing really opens her up to the light nicely.

I will probably be uploading some more pictures of her in a couple of days here. I also have some clones of her that will be going into flower shortly and I will get some pictures of those girls posted up shortly, just need to get them uploaded. This plant has blown me away so far, really excited to have her filling my jars. I plan a running her for sometime, the final test will of course be the smoke test but I dont see her being a let down in that department. The parentage and genetics in this cross are just going to spit out all kinds of fire.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Great update Kalyx! Will be flipping mine very shortly.
Maybe 4 or 5 days.
Looks like some very good smoke.
Looking forward to the smoke report! :joint:

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Update Continued 9/28 - Flower Day 54

I had to include some more pictures, just too hard not to with this photogenic beauty. It was hard to just pick a few shots to upload from the frenzy I went on this weekend. The flowers really appear to be packing on the weight in recent weeks, she doesnt look ready to slow down yet. The majority of her hairs are still white and the buds really look to have a lot of swelling left to do. The plant does have thin branches but they are stronger than they look. Initially a couple weeks back I just needed to tie up the main branches, now all of her branches had to be tied up and supported. Her buds are filling in well to the bottom of the plant, the long node spacing really opens her up to the light nicely.

I will probably be uploading some more pictures of her in a couple of days here. I also have some clones of her that will be going into flower shortly and I will get some pictures of those girls posted up shortly, just need to get them uploaded. This plant has blown me away so far, really excited to have her filling my jars. I plan a running her for sometime, the final test will of course be the smoke test but I dont see her being a let down in that department. The parentage and genetics in this cross are just going to spit out all kinds of fire.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hey kalyx,

Thanks for the update

You smashing it this round bro those flowers for me personally look like some of your best at this stage,
Can't wait for the next update

Need to get some of these roaddawgs in GA gardens getting a little
Jel here haha

Thanks
GA

Kalyx

@OvergrowDaWorld - Thanks man, Im getting really excited for this girl I think she will be a special treat. Cant wait to watch the show your girls put on its going to be a stank fest.

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, thanks bro, I agree with you completely really happy with results Im seeing with recent changes I have made. Im loving this line so far some seriously smelly and beautiful plants. You killed those Karmarado Ogs they look amazing those are next up on my list.

Update 10/4 - Flower Day 61

Really happy and pleased with how things have been progressing the past week. This girl just seems to look and smell better day by day, Im getting very antsy for her to finish up. She has really been packing on the weight and swelling up and still doesn't seem to be slowing down in that regard. Her smells have really gotten a lot more complex, recently she had lost the tropical guava and mango funk she had during veg and early flower. This past week though undertones of that tropical funk have started showing up again. She is a beautiful plant to look at and smell. In a garden of some really nice plants she is the clear standout at this point. Her tops are very fat and swollen but all of her flowers down to the bottom have good size and density. She will produce little to no larf and trash buds which is very pleasing, I hate trimming that crap.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Her hairs have really started to change color the past week but the flowers look like they have plenty of swelling left to do. She is nearly at 9 weeks right now and by the looks of things I would think she has another 2 weeks or so before she finishes up. One thing this lady isn't short on is frost, seems her flowers get more encrusted as the days pass.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 10/4 - Flower Day 61

She is going to have some beautiful flowers when she is finished, really excited to have her filling my jars. I have a feeling she is going to be something special, I already have a handful of clones at different stages with a couple that will go into flower this week. This is not a strain to grow if one has worries about odor. The carbon filters are working overtime and I can still smell her when I enter the house. Her stank is pure cannabliss heaven to me, just loud, skunk, new tennis ball, airplane glue, sour chem stank with tropical hints of guava in the background. Taking a wiff off this girl right now is drool inducing and literally makes my mouth salivate like crazy. Its the type of smell that bites you deep in your nostrils and makes you want to sneeze.

picture.php

Her non top nuggets are much smaller than the top flowers but they are no slouches in size. They may be smaller but they clearly aren't lacking in any frost production. I can tell already she is going to be a breeze to trim, no tedious work with her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She has really been packing on the weight this week and this pictures is clear evidence of that. I have a feeling I will be in a constant battle of tying up and trying to prevent her stems from snapping. Over the weekend 3 of her branches snapped and broke maybe 6-8 inches from the tops. Every branch that snapped had been tied up or supported already just not close enough to the top flowers.

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Wow Kalyx , that girl is rocking man... Dam she looks good... I love her open structure... All them buds getting light to them... I like structures like that...

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey kalyx,

Thanks for the update

That first shot in post 64 is the one for me

Are you going to run the clones or more seed again ?

Thanks
GA

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Some of these are full on stink bombs. I have been smoking on the road dawg last 2 days. She a heavy lady.

nickman

Veteran
Sounds like we have ourselves a keeper...

My sons always watching toy story - I just love when they say that...

But really, this sounds and looks like another great cross...
Karma, U have made some good crosses...much respect...!!!...

Kalyx

@OvergrowDaWorld - WOOT! nice man I cant wait to see what you find in those. I think this girl broke my carbon filter so yeah good luck with that lol.

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, Thanks bro this girl really likes to have her picture taken. I am currently running more clones of her, one went into flower over the weekend and I have another I will probably toss in tonight when the lights come on. I have more clones of her coming up in the pipeline and plan to pop the remaining 4 seeds I have also.

@sdd420 - Thanks man I appreciate it.

@Alpen Rock - Glad to share thanks for dropping by.

@Karma G - No lie, its borderline needing a carbon filter for this plant in veg let alone flower. Maybe they should come with a stank warning label. You have me jelly I cant wait to taste this girl, luckily I have a jar full of tasty Karmas Og to hold me over.

@nickman - Thanks nick I appreciate the kind words. Im with you on loving this girls structure, she is nice and bushy yet is getting such good light penetration. She does need a lot of support but she is very easy to manage with the way she branches and grows. Im hoping she is a keeper, the smoke test will tell. I have yet to see a plant that stinks and looks as good as she does where the smoke doesn't match up.

@Xray Kimono - I feel I can safely say not to sleep on this strain unless odor is a concern.

Update 10/11 - Flower Day 68

Things have been moving along great and are finally starting to come to an end. The past couple of days she has really slowed down with her water uptake. She seems to be drinking maybe half the water that she was this time last week, so I know from that she is about finished. The plan is to probably let her go through the weekend and chop her down on sunday. She will get a good look under the scope and make sure she is properly finished before taking her down. As mentioned above, I am moving full bore with this girl and I believe there are now a total of 6 clones all at different stages of growth. One of the clones went into my tent for flower this past weekend and I have another ready to go in "El Dorado" as soon as the lights come on.

Here is a picture of the clone that just went into bloom on Sunday. I will continue to log the clones in this thread and the ones that flower in El Dorado will be logged in that soon to be thread. I still have 4 seeds left that I will run through, so impressed with this line I want to see what else I can find. I still have the stinky ass male I found Road Dawg#8 and plan to put him to work as well. Plans and projects with him are for my personal enjoyment and will be logged in my El Dorado thread (should be posted in a couple days).

picture.php

Stanky, stanky, stanky is the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of this plant. I have given up even trying to hide her smell its just not going to happen. I step in the garage and can immediately smell her from down in the basement, in a tent with all the exhaust being pumped through a new carbon filter. In my other location just a few clones have my entire house smelling of her intoxicating funk 24/7. This would be a huge problem for me if this was in my garden 10 years ago or I wasn't in a legal environment. I remember having to ditch my old colo AK-47 cutting years ago because it was so difficult to control her stank and I was paranoid as shit. I miss that plant, she was very skunky in veg and flower but she could be somewhat controlled, the Road Dawg has been another story and is on a whole different level altogether.

She first started to show signs of beginning her fade a couple weeks ago. The past week the yellow in her fan leaves has really started to come out. I love those fall colors and its always a happy time for me in the process knowing things are coming to an end. The mass majority of her hairs have changed but there are still a few white ones here and there. Looking at her under a scope, most of her resin glands appear cloudy with a few still remaining clear. I really haven't seen much amber showing yet outside of a few here and there on her sugar leaves. I will probably take another look at her under the scope tonight and see where she is but Im thinking she will be ready within the next 7 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 10/11 - Flower Day 68

Her buds have really swelled up nicely and look to have a good density and weight to them. Even the flowers on the bottom of the plant are a good size and look to have nice density to them. The tops across the plant are the largest of the flowers on her by far but all the buds have a good size to them and she hold very little larf. She has a high calyx to leaf ratio and it will make harvest and trimming a breeze with her. The growth on her buds has really slowed down the past few days as her calyx continue to swell up. It may be me but she does seem to get frostier by the day. I love the large fat resin glands she is spitting out makes her look like she has been rolled in sugar.

As mentioned her smell is just ridiculous and something probably only a stoner could love, at least if you rub a stem or leaf at this stage of flower. From a distance and from an early age in veg she has a very strong tropical mango/guava funk that is intoxicating. Gently rubbing a leaf or smelling her flowers up close releases and entirely different set of terps. Smelling her literally burns my nostrils and makes my mouth salivate. She has the type of smell that will put a shit eating grin from ear to ear on any chem/diesel/og heads face. The smell is a pungent new tennis ball, burnt rubber, sour, petrol, skunky funk. I think I can smell some undertones of her tropical essence in there also but its hard to tell with all the other complex smells.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not the best round of pictures this week but its hard to get a bad picture of this girl. Not the best focus on this pic and has the ugly yellow of the HPS but I did want to include a picture without the flash. With a tent stuck in a dark basement its really hard to get quality lighting for pictures. Sometimes Im able to move the plants upstairs for some natural light but I rarely have that option.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 10/11 - Flower Day 68

I had to include a couple more pictures and these are probably two of my favorites from this week. Just in love with the bud structure, swollen calyx and fat crystals this girl is spitting out. Nice and easy to see the weight that this girl has packed on her chunky buds. Im hoping that I will avoid anymore branch snapping before she comes down. I have spent a lot of time getting her tied up and supported throughout her entire flowering cycle. So far I have had 7 of her branches snap due to the weight of her tops, all have been fine after getting proper support.

picture.php

picture.php