What's new

Stardawg x Biker - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

Kalyx

@OvergrowDaWorld -Thanks a lot bro I appreciate the kind words. She is a great plant and its an excellent strain, I cant wait to see how your ladies progress.

The growth and structure sounds very similar to my girl. Those lower branches really work hard to get light and become tops. Very viney structure that needs lots of support but much easier to manage in that regard than the GG#4. Mixing the 2 together is going to make for one potent, stanky, sticky, terpy combination and dont forget frost on top of frost.

I also noticed she was a little lighter green than I like, I figured I just need to give her a little more N before and at the start of flower. I also noticed she wanted a little more cal/mag than what she was getting from my soil and amendments. Other than those issues she seemed like one happy lady, looking to fix those issues on this clone run.

You are going to be in for a very frosty and stinky xmas with these ladies. Talk about perfect timing and a perfect smoke to have for the holiday season.

@GSPfan - Hey brotha thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate the kind words and am very happy you have enjoyed.

@who dat is - Thanks bro.

@porkchop buddah - Thank you, Im happy you have enjoyed this thread. I work hard to complete all of my test logs and update them as regularly as possible. I do have a lot of other completed tester and grow logs, covering many other strains.

This Road Dawg would be an excellent strain to blaze while fishing. It sounds like your fishing is like mine, just feeding the mosquitos and fish but not catching them lol.

@SmokinErb22 - Thanks bro I really appreciate it, you are going to find some fire in these. Stinking in veg sounds right on key for the Road Dawg, just wait till flower lol. Stretch on mine has been about doubling in size so 100% maybe up to 150%.

I must say this though, In recent months I added foliar feeding to my weekly watering routine. Im not sure if the foliar spary has had any effect but I feel there is a correlation with the plants stretching in flower. The Road Dawg was the first plant to finish with the foliar treaments. I had expected her to stretch more than she did and was a little surprised when she didn't stretch more. Recently I have put other plants into flower that I have run previous to the foliar feedings. Im noticing that these girls I have run before are not stretching nearly like they have in the past (karmasog sourtsu).

I have heard from others that certain foliar feedings have the ability to limit stretch and I feel thats what is happening here. I could be completely wrong this is only based on my observations. Seeing plants not stretch nearly as much as they have previously before the foliar is making me think thats the case. Sorry for the tangent but initially I expected this strain to stretch anywhere from 200-300%. I would plan for more stretch than less, I feel my situation is limiting how much she can potentially stretch.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Nice! Im hoping for a new strain to enjoy for X-Mas. I LOVE variety.
I also have some Sour Dubb S1's and SLH x GG#4 to try for the first time at X-Mas.
I just gave my yellower girl, RoadDawg#4, some Cal-Mag+ yesterday.
They were flipped on the 8th of Oct, so Im thinking 11 weeks max for flower time.
That should give me dry flowers in jars by X-Mas.
I flipped a GG#4 the same time as the RD's and the GG#4 has much more frost at week 4 but Im sure the RD's will no doubt start spitting trichs soon enough.

nickman

Veteran
Awsome thread again kalyx...

I know just what your talking about with your fingers getting so sticky u can't even light the lighter... "Shit gets on my nerves"... But then again, I'd rather the dank be sticky then not sticky...
I've noticed that as the buds cure longer and longer, that they get less sticky as time goes on and they cure more... With my stuff at least...

So witch strain stinks more??? Road dawg or headbanger...???...

Good day bro...!!!...

Kalyx

Awsome thread again kalyx...

I know just what your talking about with your fingers getting so sticky u can't even light the lighter... "Shit gets on my nerves"... But then again, I'd rather the dank be sticky then not sticky...
I've noticed that as the buds cure longer and longer, that they get less sticky as time goes on and they cure more... With my stuff at least...

So witch strain stinks more??? Road dawg or headbanger...???...

Good day bro...!!!...

Sorry for massively delayed response lol. The Road Dawg by far stanks more than either of the Headbangers I have found so far. The Road Dawg out stinks everything in my stable, even in veg, shit even freshly rooted clones have a stank to them. Im in love with her the flavor is just amazing mouth coating, lip smacking awesomeness I cant get enough of her.

This girl does provide me a challenge though and that is something I enjoy. I have now run 2 of her clones and neither of those came out as nice as my first run with her. This girl is a serious nute hog and she likes a large amount of N at the start of flower and again a few weeks in. If she doesn't get what she wants she starts to yellow and fade hard early on.

Even with the previous poor runs the quality of her finished flowers is still top notch headstash smoke. Her stank and flavor is still insanely pungent and overpowering and the potency is right there. The main noticeable difference is really all in the appearance, the flowers and calyxes just aren't as fat and swollen.

I currently have some more clones in flower at different stages that are moving along much better than the previous 2. 1 is nearly finished but she did begin to fade about 10 days earlier than I would have liked so still some work getting her better dialed. The other clones appear that they have had their thirst for N clenched and are looking the best yet at this point. I will make sure to get pictures posted up of the current girls before they get the chop.

Last round

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My plants look NOTHING like yours do.
I think I was sent the wrong beans dude. I mean completely different genetics.
I didnt have barely any frost on all 6 of my ladies, that were grown in a near perfect environment. 0 trichs on any leaf material... AT ALL. This is wierd.
I think my beans get switched with another strain.
Im growing out pheno #'s 3 and 5 again from clone, to see whats good?
I dont understand how completely dif my plants look than yours.
Different grow environments wouldnt change the looks of the growth formation that much!
Wow.....Im stumped.
Great looking plants K! Nice Job!

EastCoast710

I didnt have barely any frost on all 6 of my ladies, that were grown in a near perfect environment. 0 trichs on any leaf material... AT ALL. This is wierd.
Different grow environments wouldnt change the looks of the growth formation that much!
Wow.....Im stumped.

more then likely these seeds weren't worked to produce only 1-2 phenos.. so you guys proly got diff phenotypes

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
F1 hybrid brother, so I get that. But damn. Normally I get just as good a results as anybody else when it comes to the same strains.
Im sure they were the same. Its just night and day.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somethong must be wrong w your enviro for 6 different plants to exhibit the same characteristics. Did you have any other plants growing along side the Roaddawgs?

Kalyx

Im sorry to hear about your luck so far with this strain Overgrow, not what you want to deal with after all the time and effort put in. I will say this plant doesn't spit a lot of frost on the fan leaves but her sugar leaves are coated and one thing this plant isn't lacking is frost. With other grows I have seen from people it looks like this is a line that isn't lacking any in the resin department.

In the plants I grew and pictures of other grows it seems fairly easy to identify the plants. The Stardawg is dominate and really shines through in the plants that I have seen. No frost on any of the material and the fact it happened with all 6 ladies is very weird indeed. Im sure you could expect a weird ugly duckling every now and again in any line but all 6 isn't right at all.

Overall all how did the plants grow for you in veg/flower? Did they have vigor, similar growth structures, did they have a stink to them before and during flower? One common trait with the strain is a lot of really stinky plants even in veg.

I hope you have better luck on your run from clone with these because my experiences with this line has been stellar and is a strain i would highly recommend. I would post about this up on the karma info thread to bring some more brain power to the issue. You are a very competent grower, grow some amazing plants and display your green thumb for this plant so its obvious you know what you're doing.

Wow.....Im stumped.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Somethong must be wrong w your enviro for 6 different plants to exhibit the same characteristics. Did you have any other plants growing along side the Roaddawgs?

Yes I had a few strains growing. They were frost monsters and grew perfectly. I dont just have lamps and a fan. I have enviro computers and everything.

Every RD had barely any frost and looked opposite of what Kalyx grew.
The structure on my plants were vigorous and grew nicely. I even bought 7gln pots to make sure I got a good yield. They were big plants but yielded only around 40 grams apiece.
Not what I was expecting. And some went 13 weeks. The earliest pheno was at week 11 and still wasnt done yet.

I didnt get any fruity smells at all. Mostly Earthy Piney Chem.
There was barely any trichomes at all. The buds looked baren. Not sticky at all. Smelled really good though. Loud and hard to hide when in my pocket. Theres a huge structure difference in the flowers between mine and K's.

Ide like to take a cut from K's garden and see if its me, or the environment, or a mixup of beans? I think we grew out the same strain cuz of the growth structure in veg and needing alot of N in flower.
We'll see after I grow out these 2 cuts.
Maybe they'll look like K's?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sure are helpful green onion.
GTFOOH!

Overgrow, hows your soil looking?
Have ya had tested recently?
If you haven't had your soil tested, get it done then send the test results to Michael Astera (soilminerals dot com) for recommendations for remineralization.
That is... if you are reusing your soil...

Best of luck on your next run. I hooe you get better results.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Why are you crying like a little pussy OvergrowDaWorld, enviro computers and everything doesn't help you. your RD looks like mexican weed. Maybe your computer and everything are not working properly. how can you blame KG when you see you are only idiot which plants look like crap. fuck you and your computer and your growing skills. you rather smoke brick weed then your crap.

You're entirely missing the point here. He's not whining about how shit turned out. Instead he's trying to narrow down what happened so he knows what factors happened and can either run them again better or at least figure out where things went south. Don't come in here waiving your dick around when you don't know what's going on.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foXJfWlgoM[/YOUTUBEIF]

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thanx guys. Ill run these cuts again. I have 2 that just got t/p'ed into 3's. I trimmed up the skirt line and put them under a 600w hps to veg for 2 weeks before I flip.
The smell and taste are great. Very strong. Just hardly any frost.
Not like K's anyways.

They all grew very similar. The tops came out big, round, and dense.
The bottom stuff was very small and KG said it shouldnt have been.
So Im pretty sure its them not getting enough to eat? Thats the only thing that was abit off last run.
Every other strain I had in there came out like they should.
They stayed nice and green the entire grow and was actually tough to leech the soil and get them to fade.

With this strain being hungry for N and me letting them start to fade at week 6, may have been an attribute that added to the cause.
Im gonna feed them good this round. I have them in FFOF soil with 0 added perlite.
So they'll have more to eat in 3glns of pure soil. I have the entire line of FoxFarm nutes and all 3 boosters, so that should help them stay nice and green and hopefully get some frost on the sugar leaves.

(Ive talked with KG and we're good. I have never blamed him for anything. Just trying to narrow it down to see what I can do better so they come out frosty like K's did. Sorry if you misinterpreted my posts)

Homebox1

Hey buddies,
first sorry for my bad bad english ;)
I've gotten a mum names Starbudsister x Bikerkush from a friend. But I only read about Stardawg x Bikerkush. Is it the same strain that was renamed wrong or is it the real Starbudsister x Bikerkush? I think its from the ICmeeting 1 or two years ago in Adam...

Best wishes
Boxxn

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Hey buddies,
I've gotten a mum names Starbudsister x Bikerkush from a friend. But I only read about Stardawg x Bikerkush. Is it the same strain that was renamed wrong or is it the real Starbudsister x Bikerkush? I think its from the ICmeeting 1 or two years ago in Adam...

Best wishes
Boxxn

With a name like that my guess is (Stardawg x Buddhas Sister) x Biker Kush :yes:

Ollie

Veteran
Hey buddies,

Best wishes
Boxxn
Hey Homebox1, the strain "Road Dawg" is a recently made hybrid by Karma Genetics and TopDawg Seeds in a collaboration.

With a name like that my guess is (Stardawg x Buddhas Sister) x Biker Kush :yes:
Hortilab got a strain specifically called "Starbuds Sister" so I will assume the linage to be ( Starbuds Sister x Biker Kush )

Which is a hybrid made by Karma Genetics and Hortilab in a collaboration.

Check this thread : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7272702&postcount=167

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Got things figured out....finally.

Got things figured out....finally.

After looking on the Karma Genetics strains and info thread, theres a pic on the last page of the Road Dawg. Mine looks just like that pic.
Now Im convinced and reassured I did grow them out right.
I think it was just different growers in diferent rooms is all. That pic Karma has up wasnt as frosty as yours K.
You did a very nice job bringing on the frost. Especially on the sugar leaf. I had 0 on mine.
Look at that pic on Karmas thread and then look at your pics and you'll see what I mean.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I would just run it again from cut. Do all like you normaly do. If it is not on par again its what it is. And ditch it.

Where ore what gone be hard to find out i think.