What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STARDAWG VS. GORILLA GLUE #4

B

bruvio

gg4website said:
We are the original breeders of the Gorilla Glue strains.Gorilla Glue is a indica hybrid with high THC % levels
We are both very experienced in all aspects of medical cannabis/marijuana cultivation! And breeding of medical cannabis/marijuana!
Gorilla Glue #4 was the first and only Gorilla Glue strain to be released to the public.
xperienced breeders who selecting from huge numbers.

would be gr8 to know how many seeds ended in the dustbin from this cross before decided to grow.

I would re-create this cross anyways.

legit sour dubb clone only x chemsis+collodium silver

TheOutlawTree

A friend of myne ran the GG#4 last year outdoors in 300g pots and he was getting 7lbs a plant from it, nice big cola's. Im pretty sure he said it was done in early October as well.

Ive ran the gg4 that dark heart has and haven't experienced a hermi yet. Imo at least 75% of hermi issues are growing conditions. A lot of people were saying the cherry pie was hermi prone too but i never experienced it in the 7 runs i did with it. Needless to say i probably wouldn't do them outdoors just to be carful not to seed out my whole garden. But indoors with a sealed room completely controlled environment, I have had no issues with either of them and the quality is killer. Gg4 is what the patients who are part of the collective i belong to want right now, thats why i grow it.
Like i said, this is all IMO and my personal experience

B

birdman_

Is that seriously how gg4 was concevied? God damn it, who knows how many great strains I've "bred" over the years...

A little Known Strain I.E "DogJones" was made the Same way

^The Stardog you have is Wonderful N.A.G.Ya had Her for a bit m8 ?

N

NewAgeGenetics

yo brotha!

both the GG4 and the Illuminati Stardawg still in veg outdoors!

the biggest GG4 plant around 2x2 m very bushy bush, the Stardawg is same sized but slightly less bushy with wider indica leafs than GG4.

cant really believe that the stardawg is a "sativa" strain... hey it has wide indica leafs and indica branch structure... or it just the Illuminati cut?

yo

N

NewAgeGenetics

I hope they both will start to flower within a week and I can start to count the days till 60 and harvest them before November.

B

birdman_

^ i grew the GG#4 and SD Illuminati both together bro and must say a Gorgeous RESINOUS Sight!
Hope ya flower goes well.. Harvest Before Nov tho!..? 8 weeks is a bit short.

N

NewAgeGenetics

from the DogJones I have 2 plants... smaller than the GG4 or Illu Strdwg but still nice sized clone bushes, can yield a pound or so... the GG4 and Strdwg are double sized at least than DogJ cause they got much bigger pot in late May.

outdoors its all about the hole/soil/pot size... bigger root space means bigger plants.

GG4 and Illu Strdwg are in 100 gal holes, Dog J is in 50 gal. but the native soil what I improved is already naturally good quality so their root space is not really limited at all.

N

NewAgeGenetics

if everything goes right, I'll grow them in 400 to 800 gal prepared holes at next year. This year I test them but it seems even in 100 gal they can produce (2 pounds) 1 kilo per plant. "smaller" plants are easier manageable outdoors than a 12 pounder (4-5 kg dried) in 800 gal tho.

Last edited:
N

NewAgeGenetics

^ i grew the GG#4 and SD Illuminati both together bro and must say a Gorgeous RESINOUS Sight!
Hope ya flower goes well.. Harvest Before Nov tho!..? 8 weeks is a bit short.
if they start 1 week later on August 27. they have 66 days till Oct 31.

so we are in time... yet.

N

NewAgeGenetics

August 24. they both don't flowering yet... def not early strains. lol

^the GG#4 here have clearly stretched, are preflowering, beginning to show trichomes, and are ready to put on weight!

every thing is between 7' and 10' tall and 7' wide... 6 pounders? I'll post photos when the time is right

who's got me on some Glue smoke in Mendo area?! :)

Grizz

Veteran
Is that seriously how gg4 was concevied? God damn it, who knows how many great strains I've "bred" over the years...

yes it was, and you may have made great strains and you will never know, there has been many s1's that are elite, chemdawg for 1, chem 4, chem d, are two, and lord know how many og's are s1's I have never claimed to be a breeder, just a lucky grower, 40 plus years . thank god marrdogg popped those seeds and gg1 and gg5 are two more pheno's that will be released next year

B

bruvio

yes, it started on August 28. finally :)

stardawg is also around that time, maybe a few days earlier.

i grow both and i would say stardawg is better outdoors. its less finicky and yields better than gg4. i got both of these strains from dark heart nursery and my gg4 is not a high yielder.
have you had any trials in a green house scenario? I have GG4 and Stardawg and sunset sherbet, going to run a large portion of sunset but want to the other half to be stardawg or GG4.

if everything goes right, I'll grow them in 400 to 800 gal prepared holes at next year. This year I test them but it seems even in 100 gal they can produce (2 pounds) 1 kilo per plant. "smaller" plants are easier manageable outdoors than a 12 pounder (4-5 kg dried) in 800 gal tho.
what are you using to dig ? excavator ?

Latest posts

Latest posts