What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STARDAWG VS. GORILLA GLUE #4

Preparing for this outdoor season here in Nor Cal...

Which is more suitable for a full sun outdoor crop?

I hear that GG4 and SD grow similar to eachother, wide and bushy, and have heavy yields... how about the flowering period?

I also keep hearing that if GG4 were grown in full sun, the flowers would brown and appear golden when dried and cured...

thoughts?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hey foreginerabroad..i have no info regarding these strains but i wanted to ask u if any of u norcal guys use actinovate there for prevention of bud rot? i picked up it due to another guy on a fourm from norcal that said alot of growers use it there..thanks man

Yes, people use Actinovate here. I've used it before, it works pretty well.

Green Cure is also effective, but it's basically baking soda... just raising the PH

Anyway, back to the main question

i grow both and i would say stardawg is better outdoors. its less finicky and yields better than gg4. i got both of these strains from dark heart nursery and my gg4 is not a high yielder.

Its the only pheno i have done so I'm not quite sure what the "true" one is. Dark heart has a very good reputation out these ways, check out their site. I did well with it, just yielded a little better with the star dawg. GG4 was better quality but definitely not as strong as the star dawg.

what I mean by that is, GG#4 is known to be a heavy yielder... and you have said that your cut did not yield heavily. I've heard that she can be touchy about nutes but for the most part, she is a proven heavy yielder.

the breeder himself spoke with Dark Heart to be verify the source of their "GG#4" cut and supposedly it is the actual #4 cut, I still would not trust a well known commercial clone supplier with highly coveted elite genetics...

any thing i have gotten from dark heart have been great plants. pest free and really high quality stuff, always what they say it is. gg4 is suppose to be a hermie plant that someone saved the seeds of and planted years later and got the 4 different phones and decided to keep #4. doesnt sound too elite to me, but it is a really high quality strain. what other source supposedly has the true gg4? i would love to run it and see the difference.

N

NewAgeGenetics

would be fun to re-make that indirect pollination and select for bigger offspring generation.

what was the female plant and which strain gave the herm pollen when gg bornt?

I don't know if the "true" gg4 looks similar to dark hearts or not but the clubs are buying the gg4 people i know as well as my self are growing from dark heart and selling it as gg4.

GENERAL INFORMATION

BREEDER: Joesy Whales

TYPE: Sativa Dominant

GENETICS: Sour Dubb x Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel

DESCRIPTION: Gorilla Glue #4 gets it names from the trichomes that "glue" up the scissors when manicuring this baby.

HISTORY

STORY: Gorilla Glue # 4 was accidently created by Joesy Whales when some Chem Sis plants he was growing hermied and pollinated his Sour Dubb. Tired of seeded gardens, Joesy tossed out the strain. But his buddy, Mardogg, still had some seeds. Mardogg popped the beans years later and ended up with 4 pheno's of the GG, deciding #4 was worth keeping.

GROWING INFORMATION

FLOWERING TIME: 9 weeks

YIELD: Moderate

you're going in circles... like I said, I STILL wouldn't trust a commercial clone supplier myself.

I'm sure these folks here on this forum would be interested in a report about the DHN "Glue", I hope it all goes well

they don't have a specific pheno listed but it grows almost identical to chem 4. Its in between short and bushy like a kens gdp/tall and lanky like an og. Has really strong branches that support the bud weight pretty well and yields very nicely.

And any specific reason not to trust dark heart? Or you just dont think a commercial nursery can be truthful about where they receive their genetics from, and care about quality? When the cookies where huge a few years back and everyone thought they had the "real" cookies, the cut dark heart had was the same as what all the big guys like harborside were selling as thin mint cookies. I saw so many flowers from so many people who said they were cookies and they were not any thing like what all the clubs had. Where is a better place to get real information on genetics than the reputable dispensaries and a reputable company like dark heart? I would love to know so i can learn from them too. Until they prove me other wise, I'm going to trust what they say. There is a lot of hear-say and rumors in this industry so a lot stuff i hear from other people i take with a grain of salt.

Like i said before this is all just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:08 PM #312
joesy whales

I talked with Dan from dark heart, seems the gg4 cut they have is legit,

sdd420

Veteran
After tasting (smoking) both they are equally awesome. GG4 is inconsistent out of two batches at my club only one was dense and sticky not airy buds. Stardawg is so tasty and strong to help my back pain. It seems fluffy but fills the bowl well. The glue is tasty and potent more head than body. I prefer the dawg but the glue is great too. Not sure about the difficulty of growing them but both top shelf for sure peace Sdd

Latest posts

Latest posts