What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star Crash's Indoor Grow Show '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

chubby ... siberian huskies are awesome & very loving... but need a lot of outdoor space & attention/love, just like everything else..they are a mid size breed & VERY STRONG for the size... might not be the best for children...they love to play with my 3 outdoor cats & the cats think other wise!

hi pipeline ... germination rates with individual trays on the MH x C99, SSH x C99, & GDP x SSH/C99 were all excellent , with very uniform & healthy development in each individual hybrid ... the SD x C99 had less then %50 germ rates ( i know why ) but the seedlings all look great ...seem to be c99 dom so far, but it's early in their life..the puppies are doing great ... so much like little babies at night with the sounds they make ... it's too much!! i want to keep them all ... love yer cat ... be a great toy for my dogs..(just kiddin') peace

high BioBoi ... these seeds are a test grow, but i already know that the SSH x C99 will take at least 8 weeks to really be done(which aint too bad considering the quality & yield).... C99 in it's pure form will always mature in 50 to 60 days maximum ... often i find 45 day pheno's ... peace

jimih2 & crownedsparrow ..thx

Highlighter ... nice pic! hee hee

DIGITALHIPPY ...caligreen ...thx

terran2 ... the pups are powerfully joyfull ... the SD x C99 is looking great & exciting (keeping my fingers crossed for this)

ywi ... hope the white pups keep their coat ... pure white is less common AFAIK ....how is it going?

OFR ... yes i agree ... seedlings are when it's simple to work ... i've a good start and will only choose the very best females to flower out ... if all works out the keeper females will be cloned for future work

J

jipedestran

Hi Star Crash

Forget about the garden, those pups are awesome!!

peace
jip

Y

YwouldntI

i hope they stay all white 4 you too i dont think ive ever saw one before,everything is back on track i have some pics but cant put'em up oh well maybe later.i'll be checkin in on ya, laters.

T

terran2

Also got gifted some local SD cuts that are getting high praise about these parts (Wine Country, NorCali) but they're just getting started . Looks like Greenhouse scored a 3rd place finish in the C~Cup for the SSH with 1rst place going to barney's G-13 x Haze:

screenhunter08dec041824fg3.gif

** Here's a shot of the MatauskaTF mom/cut that i gifted to fellow 5yrs ago ....and it just came back to me . Just sooo nice when you give love and you get some of the love back , and was just kicking myself when i found out i had lost the seeds from before .

This baby is a real keeper MTF with quality genes and does extremely well outdoors , very hardy & built to last .... a breeze to grow with finished meds fom the outdoors that are always indoor quality looking nugs ...and shes a breeze to clone too . She tops tops nicely developing beautiful "candelabra" large spear shaped colas , almost a perfect blend of sativa /indica , imo , with very lasting, unmistakable "creeper" high that everyone notices the 1rst time ....that crosses well with just about everything
(hint :redface: )

Matanuska Tundra
hindukushxskunk1004smalxn6.jpg

Last edited:
G

been busy & can report that progress & plant health is good ....

transplanting is going/went in stages from seed flats (heated) to seedlings in 18 oz cups to seedlings in 1 gallon bags

i hope for many beautiful ladies in my future

have around 20 nice candidates of the SD x C99 cross in veg to further examine ....the other hybrids will be getting into one gallon bags very soon & then we can really get veggin'!

peace all

p.s. terran2....that MTF sounds real nice,,,so many plants so little time huh?

G

esbe ...thx for being here :smoke: and the good vibes my plants get from you

chubbynugs ... thx .. i like soil/mix , so do the plants root system :yummy:

ywi ... thx & hope all grows well with you

jipedestran ...hello

Last edited:
G

the best seedlings in 18 oz cups were transplanted into one gallon bags & went to "stage two" ... here they will veg a bit more , then cuttings will be taken ... at this point i will change the light cycle to 12/12 & the seed plants will shortly show sex & go into flower..

this is the plan for sexing & selecting clones ... since i dont desire males this time & by now the cuttings taken prior will be rooted .. i can then refer to the parent plant and see what the sex is of the corresponding clone .. not too complicated ... at the end of this procedure , i will end up with a wide variety of rooted sister clones from each hybid to work with ... i can choose/select the elites from the original mother plants(when ripe) and then own the clone ... and KNOW in ADVANCE what the clone will do when flowered out ...

peace

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear transplanting went smooth and there aren't any health problems! Excellent shots there! Those little guys are already growing! :eek:

^^^^^More people shoud do that! I would if I was able to! A good breeder is highly organized.... :yes: :rasta:

Last edited:
Y

YwouldntI

man those pups are beautiful,i see that white is holdin! i like the freezer bags never thought of that.the grow is lookin good had a couple glitches but seems to b on track now.can i ask you how would you mix this with baccto lite premium potting soil?like 2 bags to 1 or?

thanx star,peace.

G

guest5703

Is the light that shines through seeing the roots in those clear bags? I'm sure you already knew they didn't like that so it must not be much of a problem eh? Sweet work, and your strategy is one I would love to do given the time and space. PEACE BRO

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
YwouldntI said:
man those pups are beautiful,i see that white is holdin! i like the freezer bags never thought of that.the grow is lookin good had a couple glitches but seems to b on track now.can i ask you how would you mix this with baccto lite premium potting soil?like 2 bags to 1 or?

thanx star,peace.

Both of those media are good to use! I would prefer to use straight promix, but if you have to mix, I'd say 1:1 is good, it probably isn't very crucial... Both likely contain similar components and fertilizer rates.... It would be a good idea to look...

G

caligreen said:
Is the light that shines through seeing the roots in those clear bags? I'm sure you already knew they didn't like that so it must not be much of a problem eh? Sweet work, and your strategy is one I would love to do given the time and space. PEACE BRO

thank you :rasta: .. appreciate your kind words .. the clear one gallon bags seem to work well ... these plants will either be put into flower soon , or MAYBE transplanted into three gallon black grow bags for a better yield at maturity...

(remember that Sour D x C99, Mako Haze x C99, & SSH/C99 x GDP are new,untested hybrids .. this is the "test grow" so i don't think it's prudent to grow them out big before i know what i am really dealing with)

G

the main nutes for this test are non organic (the brand name is "ionic") all the nutrition the plants recieve for thier whole life come from the liquid water/feeding ... they totally depend on me & this is essentially hydro growing using potting mix medium

IMHO when talking about the indoor growing medium , what i want is something to HOLD the plant well ... i like to move my plants around & they need to be solid little units at the one gallon stage ...the most important consideration is "texture" & drainage .. you have to find the right ratios and ingredients to create the mix that drains well, but can still support the plant till it's next watering & feeding..

pro mix is excellent ...check the contents and see that it is mostly peat moss with some added perlite ... they have a bunch of different mix's but all of them are primarily peat and perlite.. they screen thier mix's before compacting the bales and that makes for a much better quality material to work with

at home depot you can get 3 cubic foot compact bales of canadian peat moss for around 8 dollars?they have perlite and potting mix's galore... make yer own ... it's cost effective and easy to get

my mix in these bags is a homemade pro-mix :muahaha:

bio-forte

You mentioned at the beginning of this thread you were using Ionic Nutes. I gave them a go and was really happy with the results especially for a cheaper 1 part. It seemed to do as good a job as anything else I've used. It was simple as hell and required pretty much no ph adjustment or thought. My only issue was the N being a little high for later bloom resulting in a fairly green harvest even with a solid 2 week flush. Other than that I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who'd like to keep it simple and solid. How does it stand up to other nutes in your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts