What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wondering if I’m gonna be breaking neighborhood etiquette on Mother’s Day it’s so quiet out here in the village…. So far.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is one of the Headband/NHz/THz posi bagseed ... The vigor is outrageous That’s a very good indication :watchplant:
2CCFAB18-1EC7-4AEC-833B-94C3E31B02EA.jpeg
030E2BC6-2F28-46F0-BC80-A75DF245F53A.jpeg
2A45A32D-5F34-44C7-A4A6-86A036FC8841.jpeg
78283CFF-0B54-4BA0-BA0F-61A8DFE86D21.jpeg

Airloom

Veteran
truth be told I would love to find a baby and make it a pet
I found a hatchling walking our local cranberry bog with my son about 15 years ago and decided it would be a great teachable moment. It started out innocent enough. Set up an old unused 10 gallon aquarium with water and shelter. Fed him/her chopped up night crawlers by hand until it got a little dangerous. I called him ET the extraordinary turtle. I think he got to be over a year old and way more than softball sized. At that point feeding was quite different and I knew he wanted to go back where the wild things are. We released him back into the Coonamesset river and I look for him every day.

My brother once had a snapper grab his flipper as we were trolling around in float tubes with waders fly fishing for trout. He started screaming and paddling like a madman. When I got near enough he told me it was a huge snapper and that he was done fishing……

“It’s always funny until it happens to you”

Dave Chappelle (maybe not exactly those words but you get the idea)

I decided to quit fishing out of solidarity……

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
So like a week ago I watched a video on youtube. This guy somewhere in new york state was growing micro greens. A lot of micro greens. At some point in the video you could see bails of pro mix. He'd grow the flats of micro greens for 8-10 days harvest and toss out the used pro-mix from the flats. In my mind it was/is still re-useable/barely used. These micro green farmers don't even use any nutrients.

or maybe I'm just in my bubble again...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found a hatchling walking our local cranberry bog with my son about 15 years ago and decided it would be a great teachable moment. It started out innocent enough. Set up an old unused 10 gallon aquarium with water and shelter. Fed him/her chopped up night crawlers by hand until it got a little dangerous. I called him ET the extraordinary turtle. I think he got to be over a year old and way more than softball sized. At that point feeding was quite different and I knew he wanted to go back where the wild things are. We released him back into the Coonamesset river and I look for him every day.

My brother once had a snapper grab his flipper as we were trolling around in float tubes with waders fly fishing for trout. He started screaming and paddling like a madman. When I got near enough he told me it was a huge snapper and that he was done fishing……

“It’s always funny until it happens to you”

Dave Chappelle (maybe not exactly those words but you get the idea)

I decided to quit fishing out of solidarity……
Ouch 😊

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
have confidence they will grow out of it But how do you top plants like this without mutilation ? I changed my mind :redface: and steered it towards 🙏 (especially considered these were gifted to me Totally out of the seed makers expense and effort and then sent a 1/2 way around the world ) View attachment 19001449 View attachment 19001450 View attachment 19001451

some times you don't have to top some plants, you can remove upper leaves to slow the upward growth of the plant to force the lower side branches to grow...

Sometimes its may seam more like a Japanese style bonzi tree/plant. (but without cutting branches/grow shoots)

Last edited: