What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

Akss

Got me some bubblegum in the mail today...and a nice little freebie...
IMG_20240418_174235367.jpg

laszlokovacs

Happy belated stardude! Weathers looking really nice, smoothie weather is fast approaching I see you with the kefir! I can't wait till my strawberries start producing for the season, fresh frozen homegrown strawbs in a strawnana kefir smoothie is killer. You got quite the way with plants, you should give it a try. I probably even got extra crowns I can send you if youre interested. One of the easiest fruits to grow and they produce all spring/summer until the first few hard frosts.

laszlokovacs

What was different about them? My wife makes them with crispy edges. It's good that way, but I can not replicate however she does that...
Cool. So my wife puts butter in the pan and almost burns it before even starting the eggs. I can't do it...LOL. Must be an art to it... or it's all in the timing
Definitely helps to add a splash of olive oil or any oil to the butter to raise the smoke point. Also given the 15%+ water loss from the butter when foaming, it helps to have more oil if the pan starts to dries out. A nice way to get nice crispy edges can be basting the oil over the sides of the egg like you'd do a steak. This is another reason to add slightly more more oil at the beginning. Butter has a lower smoke point than oil so when doing fried eggs it helps to use olive oil to get the nice crispy fried contrasts and edges.

Sorry lol the gas at my place has been off for a month now so I cant really cook. I gotta live vicariously through y'all.
Got me some bubblegum in the mail today...and a nice little freebie...
You ever grown any FDM gear? I got a sample of their bubblegum seeds last year along with some random C99 crosses. They have a lot of old school sats from before my time so I can't judge accurately. I grew out something C99 related that looks gnarly it smokes alright. Cracked open the mini jar to look just now but I think I'm gonna save this and let it cure another few months before I try any. Definitely smells better than it did when I last checked a month ago or so.
IMG_7995.JPG

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy belated stardude! Weathers looking really nice, smoothie weather is fast approaching I see you with the kefir! I can't wait till my strawberries start producing for the season, fresh frozen homegrown strawbs in a strawnana kefir smoothie is killer. You got quite the way with plants, you should give it a try. I probably even got extra crowns I can send you if youre interested. One of the easiest fruits to grow and they produce all spring/summer until the first few hard frosts.
28734.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts