What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
220 zipper bag

Many guys don't use the zipper bag because the yield plummets when you do. I tried it for a few washes and then I tried it without. The machine requires dismantling to clean if you don't use it but the increase in yield is quite dramatic. So try it both ways . . . :rasta:

I use a 5 gallon washer . . .

LostTribe

Premium user
That's more like it!
20240320_143918.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
Many guys don't use the zipper bag because the yield plummets when you do. I tried it for a few washes and then I tried it without. The machine requires dismantling to clean if you don't use it but the increase in yield is quite dramatic. So try it both ways . . . :rasta:

I'll dump it in for the second wash! Thanks so much!!!! Already gooey on the rotor.

LostTribe

Premium user

Do you give it time to soak? This is fresh frozen. I have dried for after too.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
A couple of things . . .

I let the material sit in ice water for at least 20 minutes before I fire it up.
I find that multiple short washes are better than one long wash. My first couple of washes are one minute ones.
Reclaim the cold water each time so you can reuse it for the next wash.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
So you guys know how to do bubble hash and kief...I would love to have a good enough outdoor year to be able to make enough bubble hash to smoke for the year...365 grams. Wonder how much I would need to harvest. 365 grams is like 13 ounces of bubble hash. I'm in. I can't keep spending $600 a month on my kief. A gram a day. Bubble hash here is like $50 a gram.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you guys know how to do bubble hash and kief...I would love to have a good enough outdoor year to be able to make enough bubble hash to smoke for the year...365 grams. Wonder how much I would need to harvest. 365 grams is like 13 ounces of bubble hash. I'm in. I can't keep spending $600 a month on my kief. A gram a day. Bubble hash here is like $50 a gram.
You gotta go for it :) ... finding myself in a weird new position this year... my thinking is not for profit ... it’s for my head!

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
If you went with fresh frozen and started with 8 pounds which would translate to approximately 18,000 fresh grams (about 39.5 lbs) and if you got an average of 2% back you would have 360 grams.

Latest posts

Latest posts