What's new

Stanley Blower Fan Mod

slowandeasy

Veteran
Bought a new Lasko Blower on sale at Lowes for 30 bucks! Had an older version, plugged this one in and it is way more powerful than the old one. Here are the specs

Speed 1: 318 CFM
Speed 2: 395 CFM
Speed 3: 455 CFM

Just like the Stanley, they are two sided. So when figuring out what size carbon filter to make, what kind of CFM would you use? Filter will be on the inside of cab, pulling. Any suggestions or anyone make a filter that works 100 percent that has used this fan? Thanks!

durgamata

I use this on my HOMEBOX XXL as an Exhaust puller.

It sits outside, on the top, a 6" Flange near the top is where the Fan sits, with the exhaust sitting close to the hole.

The suction/draw was so strong I couldnt get the Insulation Hosing in the Flange because the fan kept sucking it up into the grill.

This thing pulls very hard and Its connected to my 1000w.

xlatit

SLOW, look to the first page. Damn son try to not be so lazy.

Fuck these things I went to two lowe's, a home depot, and a sears and couldn't find jack shit but a ceramic heater.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

Fuck these things I went to two lowe's, a home depot, and a sears and couldn't find jack shit but a ceramic heater.

Dude! You missed my post about 20 or so back that you can find them on the shelves at some Ace Hardware stores. You might get lucky but I'd definitely call first before spending gas money. (I did that too)

Anyone find an online link for them??

slowandeasy

Veteran
xlatit,
Dont be such a dick! This thread is 3 years old, and that is a different size fan. I read the whole thing more than once. Maybe there is someone who has made one more recent and wont be such an ass about answering the question.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Did read it Hydro, more than once. Nobody has posted what size filter they made for the Lasko fan which is supposed to be more CFMs, that I saw...if you know the answer please share. The first page said he made a 24 inch scrubber, other than that I did not see any real stats. Thought someone else may have made one more recent than 3 years.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Did read it Hydro, more than once. Nobody has posted what size filter they made for the Lasko fan which is supposed to be more CFMs, that I saw...if you know the answer please share. The first page said he made a 24 inch scrubber, other than that I did not see any real stats. Thought someone else may have made one more recent than 3 years.

Definitely need to slow down before you post. I was responding to where you posted about not being able to find them. Hence the reason I quoted your question on it. Wow.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Hydro,
I think you meant to quote
xlatit, he is the one who could not find them. If you read it back, it looks like your telling me to do my homework first, but maybe you meant him? Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding...I was not mad or anything, take care.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I went to walmart to get one of these blowers. I bought two after i realized that they are now $18.00!!!!

- SubN

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydro,
I think you meant to quote
xlatit, he is the one who could not find them. If you read it back, it looks like your telling me to do my homework first, but maybe you meant him? Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding...I was not mad or anything, take care.
Probably ;) I don't have steady meds right now so I'm a bit unstable at times. My apologies. :D

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
FYI: The Stanley Utility Fan blows harder than the Zenith 5K BTU window A/C from HomeDepot for $99.

This means that if you ducted the exhaust of your grow to the intake of your A/C unit and sealed it up, it's pumping some of the air from the grow 'through' the A/C and outside. Not a problem if your fan has a scrubber on it already. (Edit: Actually looking to add a scrubber so that I can go back to doing this as it keeps a steady draw of fresh air coming into the room :D

I'm running C-99 which is a low fruity odor but I still had to cut vents in my intake box to reduce the pressure on the A/C unit. The odor stays in the room now. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh that smell is awesome. :D

Maybe when I move I'll get the chance to take the A/C apart and seal it up as well as spray paint the 'foam' firewall in it black for light-proofing. :D

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it will, Noobian. Lasko makes the blowers for the Stanley label.
*I have looked at that model up close, and it will need to have the grill sawed out of it (as does the stanley model) to get the most CFM out of the blower. It is essentially the same as the larger Stanley.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Noobian,
Just to let you know if you got the one from Lowes, it has a higher CFM. It blows harder. It is made by Lasko and is

Speed 1: 318 CFM
Speed 2: 395 CFM
Speed 3: 455 CFM

So if u are making a carbon scrubber, keep that in mind. Have 2 of them, they work very well for the price, just have to get adapters, and take the grill off like hooiser said. Cant beat it for 30 bucks. Here is a link to a DIY mod for this fan
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98507
Good luck

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ratings for the Lasco are the very same for the Stanley. Neither push the CFM they state. Both will in reality push about 265FM on high.

*If you look at the link for the Lasko DIY, you will see that ther unit was totally disassembled, but you would not have to do that if the size is sufficient. Just take the grill out and mount up the duct just like the Stanley.

Latest posts

Latest posts