What's new

Stadium......

D

DHF

I`m gutted my mutherfukin self.....With that much transpiration goin on in late flower with that many plants , if anything fucks up even short term , RH can get to 100% in no time......

So sorry my buddy , Shit happens......As good as yas had it , I guess we shoulda got more equipment for insurance with that much at stake....I say we cuz I adopted this setup from sheer awe , and refused to see it fail.....and it won`t......

Just handle it from here on out and let`s get back up a/c`s , proper dehuey`s , and major airflow fer next run......the only wayta control greymold/budrot is proper air exchange and lack of temp diffs lights on and off to prevent the condensation factor lights off that causes all the nasty bullshit........

Fukin gutted over here.........Fukit ......Let`s go fishin....it`ll be aight Bro....price of doin bidness.......Now where`s that mutherfucker that built them piece of shit controllers.....prolly Chinese if I hadta guess from origin wise.....

Blowin em up`s not good enough.......Sorry again Bro..Snoop`s said he still needs his bones , so get backta work .....

Peace.....Freds....:ying:.....

Grizz

Veteran
shit, been lurking and just had to say sorry, one thing is we learn from fuck ups. all in all you still will do good and might i say i have been running a stadium for 4 yrs and have never seen a set up better than yours. cant wait to see what the next run looks like.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn brotha, sorry to hear about this, i know exaclty how you feel , i went through this many time myself not like i want to but yeah shit happen,,,,

all the best for ya brotha!

sending the best vibes

cheers,

Nitelife

I been watchin ya do your diddy,your hard work in the construction or your room,care and maintence of the ladies,And then this happens to ya....Man i'm feelin for ya Dude.I can only hope for ya, what is left is good and you still put a good harvest out.Here let me get this out for ya ..CHIT...PHUCK....DAMMIT!But i'm sure you covered that.
Again best of luck LL!
You have been a insperation to me and i'm sure others out there with this grow man.
Deep sigh and keep growing Man.
Nite

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I am flabbergasted! I don't know what to say buddy.

That completely suck slug slime man. What a downer...

I hate to say it like this but: I will try and have a backup controller on hand.

What a fuckin bitch man...

G

greenmatter

been lurking this thread since it started ....... really sucks to hear that a great grower with a great grow can get shot in the ass by a bad controller. sorry to hear it laylow. got a feeling it won't take you long to get back on that horse. can't wait to see it!

bobblehead

Veteran
Remember Kids dont count your chickens till your eggs have hatched.....

:frown:

funny how you were just giving me my own advice... and it's followed by an example. So sorry it happened like this bro.

I would be so upset with the hydro shop... No recall issued? Hydro whores... Cheapest product for top dollar, and when it breaks, you have to buy a new one...

Does this mean you'll remodel? I know your space only lets you do so much... but smaller rooms are easier to dial in environment from what I hear... Equipment failure is another monster though.

L

laylow

Thanks everyone... you live and learn....

as for the next run im a bit torn on what to do... at the moment this year is warming up fast and im down to 9 lights now.... i know with Aircon and even more airflow i could control it But.... my outlet is 12inch and the noise is like a jumbo jet takin off now.. thats with 2 silencers.. one either side of an acoustic fan.... its not so much the noise of the fan more the airflowing out of the duct...

Aside from that the work that was involved in this stadium was monumental and for this space i know i can get 10 / 12lb without even looking at them i mean like once a week shit... and the way things are looking i might not even get that now out of this run!!!

I may do a Flat Aircooled run to try and control the environment i have 100+ C4's and about 50 Armys... i dont work in Aug anyway so i could do a remodel stadium in Late september when the temps have cooled off....

Due to the room issues i can relocate the carbon filter and inlet setup to the sides of the room rather than the middle.... this will then open the middle up for a single row of lights up top instead of a twin row...

I have been looking at these Dutch commercial grow lights from a company called Gavita... they have brought out a 600w 400V HPS that can run on a 230V power supply... there not cheap about twice as much as any other decent light setup on the market but when you put a light metre on them they are off the scale literally... the futures bright....

anyway once i have only 2 rows of lights instead of the 3 the top 2 rows of the stadium will need to be brought in to the same distance away from the light as the bottom 2 rows... im thinking of the same sort of racks you built bobble but longer not individual...

this would allow me to bring them back from the bulbs slightly and still have bundles of room behind to work.... things would be more evened out... with a mono-crop more manageable and only running 6000w aposed to 9000w conditions will be a lot easier to manage for maximum dialage....

BIGGS

Veteran
damn sorry to hear about the bud rot bro, fucking gutting when shit like that happens. at least you haven't lost everything. on the fan side of things, have you looked at eta line fans? best acoustic fans i've found so far. their 10 inch moves 1,720m³/h. and is rated at 31db, which is fairly quiet compared to some. and their 12 inch moves 3490 m3/hour. but as you say its the air movement thats the problem. but i've found with a silencer its very quiet for the amount of air it moves, and its only £140(10inch). good luck with your next run bro.

http://www.justfans.co.uk/inline-fans-metal-c-79.html?osCsid=29e4ea5d1be376bd8e374eca4592d036

bobblehead

Veteran
I like the sound of the remodel. Running 3k less in lights is going to make a huge difference in your environment, and your power bill. I bet you won't have any troubles keeping it dialed in with only 6k in lights, being prepared for 9k and all...

You're gonna smash the gpw when you build racks. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Traditional stadium growing is like a gateway to vert... But we've gotta do better than Northern Farmer and the guys who came before us. Heath was a smart guy, pointing the plants at the light...

I know you've lost a lot this run... but at least it's not a total crop failure. I'm pullin for ya bro. I know you're gonna make up for it next round.

L

laylow

damn sorry to hear about the bud rot bro, fucking gutting when shit like that happens. at least you haven't lost everything. on the fan side of things, have you looked at eta line fans? best acoustic fans i've found so far. their 10 inch moves 1,720m³/h. and is rated at 31db, which is fairly quiet compared to some. and their 12 inch moves 3490 m3/hour. but as you say its the air movement thats the problem. but i've found with a silencer its very quiet for the amount of air it moves, and its only £140(10inch). good luck with your next run bro.

http://www.justfans.co.uk/inline-fans-metal-c-79.html?osCsid=29e4ea5d1be376bd8e374eca4592d036

thanks for the link BIGGS... my 10inch'ers move 2500M3 "inlet" im scrapping the 12 inch'er outlet for another 10inch 2500M3 outlet to cool 12 x 600's... i will also have a Powerful small 6inch fan extracting 24/7.. while the 2500M/3 will only come on with the lights... hard wired into the lights no fan not lights... not lights... no heat.... simples... :)

I like the sound of the remodel. Running 3k less in lights is going to make a huge difference in your environment, and your power bill. I bet you won't have any troubles keeping it dialed in with only 6k in lights, being prepared for 9k and all...

You're gonna smash the gpw when you build racks. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Traditional stadium growing is like a gateway to vert... But we've gotta do better than Northern Farmer and the guys who came before us. Heath was a smart guy, pointing the plants at the light...

I know you've lost a lot this run... but at least it's not a total crop failure. I'm pullin for ya bro. I know you're gonna make up for it next round.

got a few ideas up my sleeve... have been looking how i could position the pots to make the racks as slim as possible... not sure how many plants wide and high to go...

I have some new genetics im running i really need to find a 1 week veg - 60'ish day - 1 ounce plant from 3.5L of coco that i can monocrop 420 of the fuckers lol.... im hoping the ChemDog 4D i got is going to be the one....:D

your right not a total crop failure... rember tho dude dont count them chickens lol....:spank:

D

DHF

Not sure about Chemdawg 4d as a hybrid from somewhere else other than the original clone only gear , but Chem D worked well for me , and the Chem 4 is proven to outperform in cloning , yields , and swellage over the D , but this is clone only shit I`ve witnessed and worked with.....

1' was the width of my racks on 45 degree angles , and the backs didn`t need hacked out for the fronts of the plants to perform properly in a normal stadium type setup cuz they were pointed dead at the lights......simple....babyshit....Heath style....

Made for less plant stress/shock/recovery time ftw in the long run of said plant cycle.....I know you`ll figure it out Bro.........

Holler if I can help.....DHF.....:ying:....

bobblehead

Veteran
Not sure about Chemdawg 4d as a hybrid from somewhere else other than the original clone only gear , but Chem D worked well for me , and the Chem 4 is proven to outperform in cloning , yields , and swellage over the D , but this is clone only shit I`ve witnessed and worked with.....

1' was the width of my racks on 45 degree angles , and the backs didn`t need hacked out for the fronts of the plants to perform properly......

Made for less plant stress/shock/recovery time ftw in the long run of said plant cycle.....I know you`ll figure it out Bro.........

I'm gonna get a picture of this on my next update... I didn't have to do the normal hack job on my plants. I put up horti-trellis and trained the plant through it... All of the branches are going to stretch into the light.

LL- I just finished up Chem4D in the Space Ship... If you can keep her Cal/Mag whore-ass dialed in... You'll be good. I need more practice.

Freds- what was the ppm of your cal/mag foliar feed?

D

DHF

Bobble.....I had way too many plants ta supplement botanicare cal/mag as a foliar , so a buddy in the landscape biz hooked me up with dry mix calcium nitrate , and epsom salts from wally world ended up as my mix.....

It ended up right around 200 ppm`s with 1/2 tsp of cal/nit and the same epsom salts in warm water to dissolve.....took 5 ml of GH ph down to get the gal down below 5.8 for foliar , and it took several days ta get that bitch back up to dark green during stretch with no interveinal chlorosis ftw......

Once given enough thru end of stretch , she swelled accordingly , but a finickier bitch I`ve never grown..........My mex skunk hybrid I grew krusty and ebb and flow buckets with put Chem D ta shame in all areas , but she`s no longer , so I did the best with what I hadta work with.....

Chem 4 and Chem D are 2 entirely different animals in the pheno hunt , so they`re not to be confused..Anyways...Pullin fer yas come harvey LL.......

Holler at Snoop`s fer Uncle Fred`s.......Peace.....:ying:....

L

laylow

1' was the width of my racks on 45 degree angles , and the backs didn`t need hacked out for the fronts of the plants to perform properly in a normal stadium type setup cuz they were pointed dead at the lights......simple....babyshit....Heath style....

there is a dude on this thread called theherbalizor freds he done a grow with the Chem4D and got over an ounce per plant with 1 week veg in 3.5L pots filled with coco...

"Chem4D will produce MONSTER Chemdog buds, the hybrid was specifically designed for MASSIVE yields. Consider it a "21st Century BIG BUD" for The Thinking Ca$h Cropper,if you will.
Superior Quality and Overwhelming Quantity is the order of the day with Chem4D....
~RD~"

if i was to create the racks on 45 degree angles do you stack the plants like bobbles one on top of the other not stepped back like my stadium at all?....

how wide were your racks front to back... could/would you draw a diagram?... :)

how far away was your plants from the lights... i mean from the face of your racks to the face of the rack directy infront what was that area? the middle point being where the bulb is... get me??...

what was your container size... i know you used smart pots and coco... also how often was you watering once a day and then twice late in flower?....

if you was only visiting once a week was this when you done your cal/mag misting and spray feeding?...

what was your total veg time from clone to flowering and what stages would the plant go threw... or was it straight from clone into full size smart pot start to finish?...

i know you love the questions Freds giv your ol ass something to right so the masses can see how shits meant to be done....:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts