What's new

stadium northern farmer style.

hilbie

i imagine you have no experience with a 150hps, but what do u think someone with fair amout of experience n knowledge could yeild from a lite like this in a vertical circular system? typical 3-4 veg then 8-9 flower.

hilbie, i have used 150w hps lamps, those were my first hid lamps when i was 15 or so. i found them as security lamps on a fence and borrowed them for my twin 150 cab. it was 2x3 feet and i used to get about a qp from 24 plants but thats nothing, i had no screen and i was a noob back then.
ive recently seen a lb of cured dry bud off a 400 watt scrog cab vegged 3-4 and flowerd 7-8. so for a 150 i would say about a qp would be reasonably easy to do. hang that 150 vertical and build a screen 360 circular around it and scrog... when the screens almost full flip that switch.

little systems are often alot more effienct because with good knowledge of growing and less to take care of there ends up being alot less to do and individual plants recieve more attention (training, pruning, tying,etc) just because you have a limited watt budget doesnt mean you cant grow chunky nugs.

good luck..

hilbie

that pretty much what i plan to do except ill probally just put two sticks on the sides of the pots and have a make shift screen for each plant, i want to be able to move them around and ill have the space for it, yeah its usually the smaller grows, the 150s or 400s or smaller t-8 grows were people actually max out the lumesn n space they have available and get to a gram per watt, its all the attention to detail-

the only problem with small hid and flouros is the density of the final product, the buds grown under 600's and 1000's will be alot thicker, and denser. but if you have enough experience and attention to detail than its easy to take a 400watt room and make it a 4000watt room, and run it with the same outcome.

every mistake costs you by loosing weight that coulda been there. anything from stress from temps, too much or to little light, too much roatating, wet soggy cold medium, over ferting, over watering, underwatering, whatever basically. with time and experience youll end up just having a feel for your babies and youll know what and when they are in need of whatever even if its just a little attention or entertainment (i always have chom 97.7 playing in the room for em). with time eerything comes, if its really what you love and enjoy to do. youll end up a dr greenthumb for sure... keep on keeping on dude...
CC

M

mrred

i made a thread about playing music for plants, i seen on mythbusters they liked metal

thats cool i never seen that episode.. and its one of my favorite vegout tv programs... i mean just cause your fuct doesnt mean you cant learn too...

chom 97.7fm montreal quebec canada. has mostly classic rock 60-80's but plays anything rock n rollish, blues, metal, garage, and even new talent hours.. a good mix i guess.

im gonna throw on rammstein in there for a week and see if i get a boom lol.. thanks for checking in red.

last watering before i flip the switch.

last watering before i flip the switch.

i installed a 4x4 drain table on the bottom shelves of the small stadiums and move plants down that need watering and then back up once watered and not dripping anymore... this table is very practical.. i was gonna get rid of the 6 tables i had but i cut off all the edges of the tables and they are alot more compact and dont waste floor space. i always hated ebb n flow table for those rows of plants you lose because of the stupid edges... anyways, table suck less imo now... lol

dont know why i never cut a table before but it was easy as hell. a shape exacto knife and thats all you need..

picture.php

picture.php

started to see em picking up again, some vigour, not as much as i like but maybe its just a slow starting strain ive never tryed whiteberry before now so well see..

CC

another location.

another location.

same genetic but growin in 8" pots soilless mix aswell. 39 plants total under 4000watts of hortilux hps lamps, optimum nutrients, enjoy.
plants are at 56 days in pics. they have another 4-7days to go.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

S

sinappi

Looking nice and neat man!;) I'm normally just singing to my plants...maybe that's why they look so shy:D but yeah tagged!

k+

thanks for the karma sinappi. my plants would uproot themselves and run if i would sing to them lol..

well i start my new job on wendsday, ill be putting them into flo very soon now.....

should i add more shelves and another bulb and cooltube?

should i add more shelves and another bulb and cooltube?

any ideas for me throw em up. every plant is closer than 36 inches from the bulb and these white berries are still stretching. if i cooltube i also make the switch to hps. and either i cut a 6" hole in the drain table or i remove it for move fans whatever...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
A fantastic, inspirational grow, thanks canadiancracker...

Just a few questions for you ...

How do your pots drain ? I see them sitting on what looks like plain wood planks ?

I am wondering about this myself, but was thinking about running a Router along the planks to add a "fast draining groove" as well as Yacht Varnish or Fiberglass Resin to seal the planking to aid fast drainage and stop all mould spores from gaining a foothold ?

Re your vertical [shelf] spacing, as your plants are on staggered shelves, not vertical above each other, do you find plant harvest height is not as critical ?

Are you noticing the higher shelves that are slightly further from the lights are yielding a bit less ?

thanks CC

thank you choas for the kind words, ill get to your q's.

i marked each plant pot with a smallt piece of mylar tape to show me what edge is towards the light. i have an flood and drain table in the bottom of the system and take down plants and handwater only when the pots are really dry, i like the wet dry cycle, the plants seem to as well.. the table fits 64 plants at a time so i take 8 down at a time water till the table is full wait about 1 hour for suffient runoff, then i move em back up repeat with the rest of the plants another half table or so and thats that. im going to be adding saucers under them or even cheaper a roll of aluminum foil and ill just wrap the bottom of each pot.

i use plain wood planks but because i never keep the same setup for more than a crop, the mildew that sets in hasnt spread off the 2x6's. i am now using treated deck planks 5/8" thick and cause its only 5.5feet and not 8 feet wide they dont sag too much.. at hydro stores they sell 6 inch wide square gutte 10feet long for 20$ i am gonna eventually go with something along those lines. if you do a v stadium like northern farmer with 8 shelfs you have a 6.5-7lb system every 45-50days for 160$ worth of gutters, 20$ of promix, 30$ cheap chemical ferts, 40$ misc 2x6's and wood. plus a plus lamps and normal equipment but nothing costly and if your willing to put in the work and hand water your ladies will reward you for sure. no pump fuck ups or fluxin ph's.

ill post up pics later tonight after i finish pruning all the plants for clones and flowering..

the stadium is packed right now. even with the tall skinniness of whiteberry they branches explode in a vertical system, perfect for clones....

shelf spacing in a stadium is important or not whatever way you look at it. you decide when flowering starts, so flip at the right moment and youll have perfect spacing. this comes with usually the 2nd grow as many varities are unique, some have little to no stretch and others go for the cielings.. but dont worry too much. it is a weed and grows like one lol. with the shelfs directly above another well those plants have no choice but to grow out and around the shelf a little bit of training and pruning takes away all issues of lack of light, pop corn buds, mold, etc. stadiums and vert are nice because of the well rounded light distrubution giving you more big buds and less undergrowth and more real growth..

hope i helped some. i smoked a fat one while writting and i think i got it all, take care chaos.

CC

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Big, big thanks canadiancracker, much appreciated info and advice, sounds like you are constantly evolving and improving your systems, I am really looking forward to seeing all your future developments, no doubt some bits and pieces of your ideas will get implemented in my own experiments over this winter.

Good luck with your grows canadiancracker, going to be keeping a close eye on you !
C

good luck with the move and the new house tokinglx. unless you go vertical after stadium youll never go back to a flat garden...

these plants got to huge too fast, i chopped them up for clones and i passed some off to a friend when the clones are ready ill have enough clones to load up a couple stadiums.
which ill start to do on a preputal cycle lol...