What's new

SR71 Strainguide and Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must just be me and my friends but everyone i know likes H.S. from sr71 alot...ive tryed other pot of gold cuts and there not as yielding,sweet,and stony by far i hope when i come up tomorrow they have pleny... i also liked the oddesy wish it would come back..i do understand why people want new toys and iam sure they will be coming cause folks are crying out for them :rasta: peace

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I did a mazar I got from marconi in sac and it was garbage. If they gon do blueberry from DJ then why dont they get his mother he been givin out? I gotta say tho that the querkle cut they had was on hit, reminds me a lot of an affgooey cut I got thats dope, sept a lil more grapey.

S

srk

two issues. One, its420 your skeptical about a cut b/c of rumors you read over the internet. Hindu is a great performer in tons of rooms up and down cali. A bush? Isn't that what we are looking for? I love the smoke of the hindu. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar if your not retarded your jtr's will come out great as well. Blue sky is the most reliable place that gives you what you pay for. Second I've seen real mazar. It's great. The mazar cuts that have been being passed around the bay are shit, not mazar. My guess is that sr71/blue sky has a real cut that will taste insane like mazar is supposed to.

Call me crazy but I don't understand people that bash this place or cuts they've never finished...Rain Man.

its420

Hey, Im just pointing out the facts. I have stated again and again that I went to Blue Sky FIRST when I was gathering genetics. Hey its a learning experience for all. I might be retarded but they are obviously the weakest genetics in my garden. I thought they were gonna be the best is all. Actually, all I am saying is THEY SHOULD BE THE BEST. Its that simple. Look at this line up http://www.goodkarmagrowers.com/clonemenu.html
and tell me you want to put BS stuff up against that in the pepsi challenge.

If I didnt care enough to make them better, I wouldnt say anything at all.

I think hindu has a bush style growth habit, 3 of my 11 are tall, the others are half the size. Nothing wrong with that I should have elaborated more I guess. Just my observation.

Bottom line is, Blue Sky isnt putting out the product I thought I was buying and In fact I didnt get my money's worth for various reasons. Again, I am NOT trying to bash them, call it tough love. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Let them defend themselves by catering to the medical community instead of LARGE SCALE GROWING who-knows-what. The idea is quality not quantity, somewhere along the line there has been a mix-up.

PEACE

S

srk

This post was meant for its420K, I can dig it. I've ran stuff from the farmers market. I like the people there. But non the less multiple friends of mine said they searched thru a hundred clones to find 5 healthy ones. Not giving them a negative rap. Everything is hot or cold. They were cold lately for a couple friends. I got a bubba kush train wreck cross that I really liked from them. But I go back to blue sky for the hindu. I've grown every strain in your garden. If I were you I'd try the hindu again because once your dialed, you'll understand why it has a following. Real tasty good smoke that patients love and double the yield of most plants that have been in my room. But I've seen hindu done horribly by others. It depends on who's hands they are in. I hope your hindus get there.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
SRK - To assume I 'didnt' finish a run means you actually know something about me...alas I dont think we have met! Now about the Mazars and Hindu Skunks of the world. If you want to go out and pump that crap up cause you or a friend had a good run with it then cool handle yurs! Just dont assume you know me or anything about what happens in my room while doin so. Now I am sure you liked the HS and Mazaar but my question to you is why? It is just watered down Skunk Crosses from Dutch seed that you can aquire yourself with a pay pal account and 20 bucks! I personally want to grow the absolute best genetics on the West coast! Period! I dont want to waste my time with weak garbage or if I can help it allow anyone else to do so. Why not grow the best and most potent pot from our area? There are 50 strains you can name off the top of your head that are available right now in Oakland that thump the Mazaar and HS. Why would I tell fellow growers that it is great stuff and they will love it, when if they are like me, it will be a let down and waste of time in your grow space? Not me! Not Me!! So please go tell the masses about your wonderful Mazaar and HS! I think I will grow some herb that actually gets me high.

And lastly dont be bashing on the farmers market homie cause their genetics and prices make BlueSky seem like the McD's for real! Go ahead and eat that mazaar qtr pnder - I am gonna go get a bubba kush sqeeze burger with a some Chemd fries on the side!

But non the less multiple friends of mine said they searched thru a hundred clones to find 5 healthy ones. Not giving them a negative rap. Actually that is just what you did! And you let your multiple friends be the reasonfor the hate! Did you not finish your grow?? Apologize to Justa now fool!!

S

srk

dude thats a joke. You have not finished the mazar that blue sky is selling. They just released it. Real mazar have you had it from seed? Maybe you didn't get the pheno we had. I did not bash them a bit over at the farmers market. I like my clones green, healthy with new growth. I've ran blue sky for over a year this last batch of clones was their worst but still healthy and heavily discounted. But frankly I'm much more impressed with their op over tfm. But we are lucky to have these choices. But rainman why do you troll the sr71 thread with negativity about their product. move on. I do wish blue sky would put some more stuff out. Me and my friends still have their romulan and sensi star cuts which I bet if you had either of those you would be showing them love too. This sensi star pheno is the fruitiest plant I've ever seen.

Rainman

Veteran
So now I am a troll cause the guy who works/worked for Bluesky is in this thread telling me I didnt finish a grow, never grew the clone from there and so on? That is funny! Since you work there( and obviously have a unbiased opinion) then maybe you can convince them that they need new gear, instead of still feeding off the same old PK profits! Never said I got the Mazaar from seed either. Again 'why' offer something as watered down as either clones we are speaking of? You dont want to answer that but want to attack that we bring it up. Funny how you want to defend them even though it seems to be your friends doing all the growing, giving of opinions etc... Since when is it trolling to give an opinion(to fellow growers) on a weak ass clone that should get no burn in a Norcal disp? Think about it! We are talking about Mazaar and HS! And in the end you agree!!! So why not turn that attitude towards people you obviously know and get something done about the selection. Also if the Sensi and Romulan cuts are as good as the cuts I have grown, why not get them to bring those back since you are in the know. Bet that those 2 would be chosen over your great Mazaar and HS any day.

Actually you did give off neg Karma with this statment whether you can admit it or not!

I like the people there. But non the less multiple friends of mine said they searched thru a hundred clones to find 5 healthy ones. Not giving them a negative rap. Everything is hot or cold. They were cold lately for a couple friends.

When did they go an search thru 100's of clones for 5? That is bullshit and not true at all! So tell your friends I said so!

I've grown every strain in your garden. If I were you I'd try the hindu again because once your dialed, you'll understand why it has a following. Real tasty good smoke that patients love and double the yield of most plants that have been in my room. But I've seen hindu done horribly by others. It depends on who's hands they are in. I hope your hindus get there.

You have grown every strain in my garden? Really? So you have it all? And only a true troll would drop something like 'once you get it dialed in'!! Spoken like a true troll! If you were me you would already know what the rest of us do and that is you HS and Mazaar are for newbs who dont know how to grow anything else or get their hands on some real cuts! Yields are decent but as far as the rest of that.... please if you think that garbage passes for tasty you really need to come and spend some time in my garden homie. Tasty! That is funny stuff! Now as for my HS I can honestly say you can have it all! Anyone who wants to grow Dutch Skunk crosses and talk about growing skills, is in a class way above anything I could ever hope to compete with. But hey I never worked at the place I am on here trying to defend either.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me and my friends still have their romulan and sensi star cuts which I bet if you had either of those you would be showing them love too. This sensi star pheno is the fruitiest plant I've ever seen.

OK, sounds great!!!! When will Blue Sky be re-releasing THOSE cuts?

You've both got points, srk with the variability of other vendors and rainman with the lackluster selections. The flipside of each argument is the counter-argument to the alternative.

Blue Sky is great for beginners without access to superior genetics. Rainman, buddy, my suspicion is that you're just a little spoiled when it comes to superior cannabis. Hindu Skunk is a good strain, especially when you've got her dialed, just not AMAZING.

References to the farmers market should probably be in that forum, though.
One man's gold is another man's trash.

its420

'Bah dum pa da pah-I'm Lovin' it!'

No really, I've thought long and hard about this.

Oaksterdam Nursery should be the pinnacle of genetics, they have the sweetest fn gig going hands down. EXCEPT for the fact they have gone Micky D's instead of Chem & Heri's (haha get it?).

I would fill my room with Bubba, Green Crack, Chem, ATF 100% of the time over HS, please.

The cuts I got from BS werent rooted for shit, had cuts missing or no roots at all. They lagged behind every other cut I got when they should have been blasting in those giant ass cubes they jam them in. It was a good learning experience for me at least.

I got there as soon as they opened, for regular people anyway, and I had to take what was the best available. Sue me if I wasnt there with all the guys who drove up from SoCal to buy 20 fn flats at a time each. They cater to the WRONG crowd.

Its that simple and its disgusting the more I realize how they squander the opportunity to do GOOD for GOOD people.

They should have a team of friggin genius mad scientist HORTICULTURALISTS at the helm pushing the limits of genetics, not a buncha totally cool folks who just collect a paycheck from someone who collects a GINORMOUS paycheck cause all they care about producing is mass amount of yesterdays news.

They realease Mazar and Blueberry when there could be signature OG KUSH- BS cut, or bubba x OG, or surprise us. And don't put out stuff b4 its ready either. Be professional.

Sorry everyone rant over, some of this REALLY needs to be said and read. I'm NO EXPERT!!! This is my very humble opinion expressed with the intention to SPUR CHANGE. Not drama, thats for sure.
PEACE

Rainman

Veteran
Humble - You are right my friend! In my lust for the top notch genetics this area has to offer I just dont want to waste my time or anyone else s with something that is just not up to our caliber. Just go and peruse the SD finest threads and see what they offer the average client on a daily basis! It is just incredible to me that we have the larger clubs and years and years of serious pot growers being here but we get HS and Mazaar while San Diego and Socal get these cuts regularly:

FFA
707 Headband
Gods Gift Purple
Grape Romulan
Sour Diesel
MVTF

and from OGOrganic
Bonanna
Larry OG
SoCal Master Kush
OC Bubba Kush
Cherry AK-47
XXX
Kaia Kush
MVTF
91 Chem

And here is the Bluesky line-up:
blueberry -dj short
bubblegum - serious seeds
deep chunk x strawberry cough - n/a
hindu skunk - n/a
jack the ripper - subcool/tga
purple kush - trichome tech
querkle - subcool/tga
white widow - black widow version from mr. nice

Now why would anyone be happy with Mazaar or HS?

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Point taken.
I just buzzed by Blue Sky and they Shiva Skunk B & JTR.
Dude behind the counter looks like he just got out of high school and his knowledge about cannabis was equivalent. LOL
Here's my question: if their strains are so worthwhile why is it that they never have the finished product for sale?
And seriously, if i have to look real hard to find any purple, don't call'em grapes!
Here's what I'd like to see out of what you just listed, Rainman:
Grape Romulan
Sour Diesel
MVTF
Bonanna
Larry OG

T

TwistedRemedy

iN AMSTERDAMN most every tourist comunity caters to people who are mainly one time cutomers and dont really understand the culture of the scene.

there are universities there and here ran by guys who want to comercialize all pot in the area, have you noticed any new colleges opeing up around those coffe shops in oakland? any that teach ways of makin and maintianing a comercial operation from clone to market?

In amsterdamn if you want good bud that is not comercail BS then you must go outside the mainstream spotlighted tourist clubs that charge what ever they choose as many customers dont even understand the exchange rate of there cash ,but that dont matter if they leave feelin alittle burnt on the price or find the bud to be not quality just names of shit that sounded good and tasted bad. MOst people will never plan on being a return customer anyway and the shops kno it so the just try to make as much cash as possible in a single transaction.

as for the need of clones and the supply being offerd is slowly being transformed to cater more to the needs of the commercial growers in the area that they help train in the colleges they own and opperate at the same time in the same neighborhood as the clubs and cannabis realted shops they own,......................

dont hate BLUESKY Its just going comerial, if thats not your thing just make your own seeds to select out a good strain that works for you, inbreed it then make a femenized seed crop out of your best females , the knowlede to do all that is right here on icmag
the cannbis colledge in amsteramn main inhouse strain that they teach all of there students wiht is POT OF GOLD, SKUNK#1 x HINDU KUSH NOW WITH THAT LOOK AT BLUESKY AND THE HINDU SKUNK ------- HINDU KUSH X SKUNK#1 ANYTHING LOOK FAMILIAR?
I like to play with the pk and DCxSC, i also very much enjoyed ODDYSSEY ,SENSI STAR AND ROMULAN, but i went back even futher i really just miss the old mission street compasionate cargivers in sf . either way if i cant find clones i will go buy the med club weed that is seeded and from there i can femenize my own seeds just off the knowledge from Icmag and og

I think DJ short should have either realesed only clones or only seeds as of now nobody knows who has got what and who selected the pheno of the best expression the plant has , for all i know its sum dude form the artic north who just came down to go to the cannabis university who bought a pack of seed and now sells the clones to clubs without ever have smoked real bluebery in his life and just pick the biggest easiest plant to clone and make money off of, no thougt put into it exept more plants = MORE MONEY=comercial operation for quantity=not quality

Rainman

Veteran
TR - Good points on all. I am just very disapointed in what they are doing. I will continue to support them when they offer goods like the PK, and the wrongly labeled DCx SBC(actually been told it is DC x Goo). But I have a problem with what they are becoming.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yall need ta check out that querkle tho, I think its damn near my favorite cut from them. PK is cool but takes to damn long for a lil bit a dro. DCSC is fire but same thing, takes a long veg. Im finna do some breeding projects with the dcsc and pk tho, If I could pull some of the good shit about um out of um and make it yield more and grow faster, that would be the shit...

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you cross two slow veggers it's unlikely that you'll improve on the veg time.......2$

its420

I think we are all on the same page.

Def NOT hating. Just calling them out to raise standards and genetics. Nothing wrong with that.

Again, if we didnt care....we wouldnt say anything at all.
PEACE

S

srk

Shit I had a long winded response that just disappeared. I fold, you have your opinion I have mine sorry...but I think I was talking to its420 and not you rainman on the posts that seemed to really offend you. I don't work with them. I do have a friend that works there but he is a low level dude. I was talking to its420 about the strains in his garden not you rainman, this is its420's first run with hindu skunk and thats why I said once you get it dialed. It took me a run or two to really figure out this plant. For people in the commercial world that don't run mother rooms b/c of number limitations. Blue sky has any strain on there list at any day of the week in high numbers. Thats why I support them. Rainman I like you can we stop this and keep this thread on track. I just don't think either of us should knock something we haven't finished. I'm talking about the specific mazar cut that blue sky is just now offering.

Here's an example of why blue sky is a good fit for me. I got a blue madness at the farmers market did it outdoors and it fucking killed it. I want to do that same strain inside. Its no longer available. That sucks for me. Then say they had them I need 60 of those cuts thats five 3 hour trips to get them.

When it comes to indoor I want a gram per watt every run on my comersh med room I achieve that easily with hindu skunk. Maybe thats why I'm biased. This is probably why we disagree rainman because I haven't found an elite that can do that so until I do I will happily support blue sky. Plus I enjoy the hindu skunk medicine I need meds that keep me in a good mood and don't lay my ass out during the day.

Does any one know of an elite strain that will give me a 130 g per plant average with 2-3 week veg? I'm open for input....I did achieve similar numbers with chem and sour diesel but I prefer hindu for availability reasons and the sweet taste.

Sorry if I offended you rainman or anyone for that matter. Best of luck to you all.

Rainman

Veteran
SRK - No problem with you at all just venting my frustration with them and their small selection. You make valid points and I can see how they would appeal to you. As I grow no more than 15 plants at a time, I dont rely on any specific shop for cuts, and I keep a mother room. We go there for clearly different reasons that are more clear now. If you want to pump out elite quality meds though please try the Cherry AK or the MVTF! You would hit that mark per watt easily and you and your patients would be much happier with the finished product for sure! Availability if you dont keep a mother room would prolly be a factor tho. Respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts