What's new

SR71 Strainguide and Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

drymouth

pSi007 - I was wondering if you had any tips for the Dc x Sc? just basic tips feed,nutrients,toping, etc... I got my Deep chunk on a drip system 2' x 2' table with a 10gal res. I'm using pure blend grow on it. I had the ppm at like 750 and it seemed to be ram heading it up, and turning dark green with a waxy type look! so I drop back down to 460ppm. what did you run your ppm at? I'm like 1 1/2week from droping them in. if any body has any tips feel free to elaborate more on the subject.

P

pSi007

Deep Chunk took about 1200ppm, as did White widow. The first 3 weeks in Veg, they went with 500ppm pH 6.7, and raising ppm slowly until bloom, then it went to around 750ppm after 3 weeks in veg and 2 weeks in bloom. For about 2 weeks, it was increased to about 1200ppm. 6-28-15 if i remember correctly was the bloom food, pH 6.5. after that, down to about 750ppm for 2 weeks and pH was dropped to 6.2, then about 100ppm with the last week pH 6.8 and a couple days of hard flushing, leaves turned yellow, no wilting.

The Waxy look is true, mine too that waxy look quite early in bloom. Toward the last 2 weeks, the tops turn purple, even in high temps.

let me see if i can get a pic up.

Last edited:

DangerP

I've got a little bit of a dilemma and I think someone here might have good suggestions as to what to do.

I am growing in a single hydro system, and due to availability I am growing both Shiva Skunk C and White Widow. I really hate growing two strains at once, since you have to make compromises you can avoid if you grow just one strain. Anyway, with the Shiva Skunk going 6 to 8 weeks and the White Widow going 9 to 10, how long should I take them in order to get as good a crop of both as is possible? I've been thinking about it and I think I see a few options: I can flower both of them 8 weeks and chop the Widow too early, I can flower them for 10 weeks and chop the SS late, or I can split the difference and do 9 weeks.

Another thought I had was to start flushing on week 7, cut the Shiva Skunks after one week of flush and leave the White Widow in for a second week. I usually flush for two weeks, but I don't think it'll be the end of the world if the SS only got one. Then I'd be going 8 weeks on the SS and 9 weeks on the WW.

Does anyone familiar with both strains have any suggestions?

drymouth

pSi007 - Whussup' man... thanks for the details it was more then I expected very helpful. Just wondering... this is in hydro, correct? 6.5 - 6.7ph sounds like soil ph's? I could be wrong though.

Oh yeah... nice pics I hope mines looks like that!

P

pSi007

drymouth said:
pSi007 - Whussup' man... this is in hydro, correct? 6.5 - 6.7ph sounds like soil ph's?

yeah, i live in a part of california where it got to 105f today. heh, even if i keep the grow room from 70f-90f in dark/light, still, the 90f is a little hot for hydro. I always get mold and algae problems and shit.

so for summer grow, I always use soil with 25% perlite and a ton of compost and organic mulch. I try to stay away from those soils that use wood and sticks n` shit in the mix.

:rasta:

I`ll post more pics later but I am kinda not really in the mood. This latest grow kinda got on my nerves. Had a few strains I have never grown before and a few didnt turn out that great. prob yielded about 14oz from 4 plants and I`m a little pissed cause its low. Oddly, 2 plants turned out to be a complete failure and they were pulled before harvest. so started with 6, ended with 4. All were tall as shit and I hated it. I will work with the SR-71 "deep chunk" and "white widow".

The CARE, "Grand daddy purple", had the best growth pattern but the quality was not great. Deep Chunk had great quality but got tall as a fuck shit too..

displeased for the next couple weeks. heh

:violin:

P

pSi007

heh, Fucking Shit! i shoulda said. :rasta:

er, stretch like fucking shit, in the queens english. Heh, the Deep Chunk and White widow didnt get too bad. The widow stretched mostly in veg and the deep chunk stretched mostly in bloom. Both were about 24inches high with 10-12inches of buds.

The Grand Daddy Purple, (which was not purple even the slightest), did not stretch as all. 18inch tall plant, 12 inch buds.

all plants were topped and had maybe 5-10 top colas each.

sounds kinda funny, The Purp and Grand Daddy Purple were not purple at all but the Deep Chunk was purple in 90f temps.. heh... too strange~

T

TwistedRemedy

take it from EVERYONE care is full of BS, the clips, and the workers. Powerplant and spicey jack , mabey like two more out of all the years they have been in there new spot they have only a couple of good strains and hundreds of BS ones. dont wastes electricity , get your babies somewere else.........

T

TwistedRemedy

Deepchunk x SC. in sunshine #4, under 600w hps, feed koolbloom,floralicoius bloom-grow-and plus, liquid karma, sugar daddy, sweet -berry, GH vegan composte tea, GH flora necture, supernatrual budblaster, and earthjuice bloom.

Point of details, IT CAME OUT MENTHOL, like a HIT OF VICKS EVERYTIME, CLEAR HEADACHS LIKE MAGIC, sinus problems, congestion, allerges all of the sytoms that menthol eucalytus cures but its in the flavor of the flowers , like it was feed vicks or halls menthol eucalytus cough dorps its the same taste and effects identical,

Should be researched futher by anyone who seeks these qualities , it will blow your mind!!

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
TwistedRemedy said:
Deepchunk x SC. in sunshine #4, under 600w hps, feed koolbloom,floralicoius bloom-grow-and plus, liquid karma, sugar daddy, sweet -berry, GH vegan composte tea, GH flora necture, supernatrual budblaster, and earthjuice bloom.

Point of details, IT CAME OUT MENTHOL, like a HIT OF VICKS EVERYTIME, CLEAR HEADACHS LIKE MAGIC, sinus problems, congestion, allerges all of the sytoms that menthol eucalytus cures but its in the flavor of the flowers , like it was feed vicks or halls menthol eucalytus cough dorps its the same taste and effects identical,

Should be researched futher by anyone who seeks these qualities , it will blow your mind!!

does sr71 have this often? How is the yield/flowertime? thanks!

DangerP

Has anyone flowered PK with no veg? I'm going to be flowering about 10 clones as soon as they root, and I'm trying to get a rough estimate of how much vertical space they'll need.

Actually, the same data from any of the blue sky strains would be very helpful. Does anyone here grow this way?

DangerP

DangerP said:
Has anyone flowered PK with no veg? I'm going to be flowering about 10 clones as soon as they root, and I'm trying to get a rough estimate of how much vertical space they'll need.

Actually, the same data from any of the blue sky strains would be very helpful. Does anyone here grow this way?

Edited to add:

GET MO, they have it on a fairly regular basis, although it's popular and you should get there early like always. I haven't flowered mine out yet, but the general consensus is that it isn't a massive yielder, but does much better than PK. It's $20 a cut, though, so if you want to grow more than a couple of plants you should really veg out your own mom.

birdbrain

PK is the slowest vegger ever!

PK is the slowest vegger ever!

I'm pretty sure if you flower that pk without any vegging your yield will be small. I needed to veg for at least 3 weeks and topped them a couple times and I got 35 grams off 1 plant. I grew in soil, in 3 gallon pots and a 6oo hps.
If you flower those babies as soon as they root I bet they won't grow more than a foot tall.
The Hindu skunk on the other hand can be put straight into flower and will yield nicely.

Krakatoa

I have run the Blue Sky Purple Kush twice now with no veg time, 12/12 straight from the first day I brought the clone home.

Both times, under similar conditions, the PK with no veg time produced a max of about a quarter-ounce of buds. This was fine for my needs, but might not be enough for others.

If you want any production off the Blue Sky Purple Kush, you'll need to allow at least three weeks veg time, and since it's a slow vegger, maybe a month. You'll get almost no stretch, so the plant you place into flower is pretty much the plant you'll get at the end, so don't flower until the plant is the size you want to see after 8 weeks of flowering.

It's still great smoke, though. A mellow sleepy buzz with great taste and smokability. It's the one people keep asking for...

DangerP

birdbrain said:
I'm pretty sure if you flower that pk without any vegging your yield will be small.

Bluesky lists PK as being "suitable for SOG." I don't grow multiple crops simultaneously, but I do grow dense group of small plants. Each plant doesn't yield much itself, but I'm going for overall yield, not the yield on one plant.

phattybudz

TwistedRemedy wrote,

"take it from EVERYONE care is full of BS, "

My only trip to care was great, they had a big-ass selection with descriptions, dank buds (though pricy, but where isn't!) The counter girl was nice and helpful, the clones were well packaged and bursting with roots, and the pot of gold was 7-8 inches already and doing awesome.

Anybody know which bluesky clone yields the most assuming they're all 6 inches in a sog?

Anyone ever grown out the Shiva Skunk before? Not sure what pheno it is, clinic just said shiva skunk, but they did have another strain called candy shiva. Anyway, I'm cloning 2" cuts in peat pucks that are going to be flowered in 3/4 gal. (2.75L) soon as I see roots poking through. Hoping they won't grow to be more than 15" since I don't have much vertical space to work with. You think I'll be able to average ~10 gr. a plant? 12 plant SOG, 8 week cycle; harvest 3 plants every 2 weeks.

Anyone got tips for this particular strain? Shiva Skunk

inverse

i went to Blue Sky today (tuesday) at like 1:30pm and they had full stock of all their clones. It was quite surprising. The quality of the clones was very good, and all had tonnnns of roots poking thru the bottom. I picked up some Deep Chunk, Hindu Skunk, and AK for my revival of my outdoor crop that got ruined by deers. The clone guy even threw in two free AKs because they didn't look THAT healthy.

Thanks guys!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
inverse said:
i went to Blue Sky today (tuesday) at like 1:30pm and they had full stock of all their clones. It was quite surprising. The quality of the clones was very good, and all had tonnnns of roots poking thru the bottom. I picked up some Deep Chunk, Hindu Skunk, and AK for my revival of my outdoor crop that got ruined by deers. The clone guy even threw in two free AKs because they didn't look THAT healthy.

Thanks guys!

Did they have purple kush or DC x Strawberry cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts