What's new

SR71 Strainguide and Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
oliver,

Do you mean odyssey, maybe?

Been growing it off and on for years and it's one of my favorites among trainwreck, sour diesel, c99, sagarmatha '95 blueberry and others in my personal garden.

I got my cut directly from hope-net, maybe that 'oddessy shit' you had is something else.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
oliver,

Do you mean odyssey, maybe?

Been growing it off and on for years and it's one of my favorites among trainwreck, sour diesel, c99, sagarmatha '95 blueberry and others in my personal garden.

I got my cut directly from hope-net, maybe that 'oddessy shit' you had is something else.

:laughing:I've seen odyssey for many moons all over the bay area. The clubs released that easy to grow large yielding crap to people yrs ago, and it's finally disappearing. I guess everyone caught on the the trash except yourself. Good for you that you got it directly from hope-net. I'm sure it's the "real deal" cut, but IMO it's crap bottom line. Bay area clubs need to start releasing real genes.

OP

I'm all for clubs releasing good genes. Who isn't?

Lot's of actual patients who actually use it for serious medical conditions love odyssey.

Sorry it didn't work for you and your 'medical condition' but that's why it's good to have lots of options. People are different by golly. For example, I think most of the 'purples' I have tried were mediocre at best and don't get me started on 'kushes', but to each their own.

Some go by hype and let others tell them what is best or worst and some go by their own experience.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I agree. Purples are nothing but hype, and mediocre at best. They're only a few purples in the bay that raise an eyebrow. Kushes are very good, but to overated IMO..I'm just an old school head that loves heady sativa's, and very strong indica>> I do agree on your points, but I don't on the odyssey...Ran it twice, and just didnt like it...It was the "real deal" cut to. To each is own I guess...K+++ for your comments brother...

OP

I'm glad we can agree to disagree.

I'm definitely not saying odyssey is the best or anything just a real solid and reliable performer for me.

I would love to get a hold of some proven pure haze, thai, vietnamese etc. clones even if they have to flower for 14 weeks plus.

And I'm definitely no fan of most of the clubs, co-ops, and collectives but I'm hoping they will improve and carry a larger variety of proven healthy clones. A lot of patients are new to growing and don't have any other source for clones.

good luck!

P

painroad

Picked up some Hindu Skunk and Train Wreck they also had Chems sister, PK, OGK, CJ, and a few others i don't remember. He said don't let the TW flower a day over 7 wks. Has anybody grown out there TW? Is it the real TW?

Peace :wave:

jim dankness

He said don't let the TW flower a day over 7 wks. Has anybody grown out there TW? Is it the real TW?

Yes, Blue Sky does indeed have real Trainwreck. I'm not sure why the guy at the counter would say to not let it flower for longer than 7 weeks, but I'm guessing that he was trying to tell you that TW will almost certainly herm late in the game. It will indeed throw out some male flowers, and mine did before day 35 (but then again, I'm not opposed to ducking into my room with a flashlight during the dark cycle, so your mileage may vary on that count).

hdn155

good to hear they are still carrying the pk. im heading south this week so i hope they have it when i drop by. only looking for a couple cuts to mother out.

P

painroad

Ya the naners was what he said, they had plenty of Pk i was 5th in line, but everybody in front wanted moms which weren't going to be there until 8:30ish. I guess saturdays are the days when the mother plants are around they said about 18 to 20 were heading over. How was the yield on the TW compared to the HS? I know the HS in a huge yielder but i always loved the TW high.

drymouth

Thanks for the info SRK^^

Ive ran the XJ13, it stretch's a lot, feeds heavily, finish's fast (7-8 weeks), the tops purple up. Not a lot of smell, mostly smells like hash or like a pure G13 plant. The bud structure leans toward G13 also, big round chunks on long stretched out branches, although they will foxtail like Jack Herrer if you let it go long enough. The quality is great, strong smoke, bag appeal. I would say it is slightly prone to toss some male pollen here and there; not so bad that I wouldn't do a room of it, but enough to make sure to try not to stress it much. It is a spider mite magnet, my buddy had a room with 7 or 8 strains going with a spider mite infestation, his XJ13 plants were affected the worst. I saw it happen in his room 2 cycles in a row, both times XJ13 was hit the hardest. I joked to him that the Xj13 saved his crop because it attracted all the mites from the other plants.

All around I would say 7 out of 10 for an indoor plant. It might do well outdoors as well, although the leaves are a bit thick bladed so yield might suffer compared to something like Blue Dream :tiphat:

I recently finished the XJ13, Green Cush, Cotton Candy, and Odyssey. If you want my 2 cents on any of them, just let me know. My favorite was the Green Cush, Xj13 was a close 2nd. Although I am partial to skunk so I am a bit biased.

Mr^^[/quo

MedResearcher, do you happen to have any pic's of the xj? I had mixed up all my cutts.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Hey drymouth, what was your favorite out of the strains you just finished? I have smoked Ice Cream before and it was some kill.

beer batter

i stopped by the end of feb and got white widow, og kush and purple kush i was tempted to get kriptonite and green cush because of good things folks where saying bout them so ill be back to scoop some more gems at a late time. i have them toped at 7-8nodes and put in 7-8gallon pots after veging in 1 and 2gal pots. I’m aiming to replicate this approach I’ve done with the same pots (I’ve got new pots so I’ve got to drill out new holes for the 3ft bamboo sticks) http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2699304#post2699304

i don’t like the rockwool so as long as its easy to wiggle apart and wont damage roots ill take it out of their and in some cases where theirs not massive rooting i can get a lot of the cubes out of their which is better in my book -less material for the roots to work though as they grow outward and fill the pots. I’ve gotten a hang of transplanting rockwool starters after this spring I’ve done a couple doesn’t into this dr earth starter fertilizer amended happyfrog/ocean forest blend i make (2bags happy 1bag ocean 1.5-2cups per cubic foot dr earth starter fertilizer per cubic foot per batch) the 18oz party cups are poked 4 times with a wide kitchen knife from the inside out threw the bottoms and drain well i wait till they are light and dry befor watering the second time and third and so on

og kush
IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

white widow

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

purple kush

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

this pic shows 2 white widow center left and oaksterdam nursery PK center/top right good karma PK center/bottom right, the og kush is in another area under floros. i clone in soil i used to use oasis medium i use white or clear trash bags instead of humidity domes so long as their opened once a day its all cool, sometimes drum liners and cardboard boxes. root one powder and little rectangular plastic containers about an inch and a half deep 4-6per container

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1677_2.jpg

IMG_1678_2.jpg

IMG_1680_2.jpg

IMG_1681_2.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684_2.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686_2.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg
these aren’t oaksterdam nursery just some seed developments I’m working with, keeping clones is a must for folks who cant make it to the shop that often or all that easily. i like what i see in your catalog and when i come down though, i like the healthy cuts and will stop by when I’m out that way from now on instead of just driving by downtown Oakland.

beer batter

white widow is the furthest one in this pic, og kush is second and the good karma PK cut is in the bottom with the larger mother plant im planning to put out may10

IMG_2023.jpg

oaksterdam nursery purple kush

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

white widow

IMG_2029.jpg

og kush

IMG_2030.jpg

this is the PK from good karma again

IMG_2031.jpg

some foliage comparisons first from the good karma purple kush

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

now the oaksterdam nursery purple kush leafs

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

finally the purple kush from good karma on the far left and the 2 leafs on the right are both from the oaksterdam nursery cut

IMG_2060.jpg

side by side purple kushes, oaksterdam nursery is on the left

IMG_2066.jpg

darthvapor

was just there. they had trainwreck, green crack, purple kush, white widow, caseyjones, cottoncandy, somestuff that had star dog crossed to it, kryptonite, and hindu skunk. this was after noon

P

painroad

Anybody grow out the train wreck from here? My Hindu skunks are like 5x times the size of the TW glad i only got 1 of these very small slo growers. The hindu's are doing there thing as usual:dance013:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts