What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring Harvest crew..

nice work wolf

I cant get outside here till apr.1 at the soonest.
its gotten pretty chilly here(ne,tri-state) the past week maybe coldest of the season so far.
foot of snow on the way, my grow is ready to get outside but the solid freeze for the next two weeks will keep them inside for a bit longer.
moons in a bad phase for flower but good growth I think in 2 weeks itwill be better for flower/ root seedings by then its 12+ hours of light with more blue and white in the spectrum

I jut hope they don't out grow the place I have them now till it warms safety, its cold in there too to the point I need a tiny personal space heater.
march is so 10f- to 75f in these parts

anyways hope you guys outside stay warm through the next few weeks

Wolfshadoe

welcome

welcome

Sorry I cant giv you much info on that area..

That apr moon is threshold for me..Our only dif is you alot colder..
We have 2 large bodies of water on each side of us of course:biggrin:
Puts us in sweet spot..

You might get some strechy flowers and be past the point/time for reveging.No matter.See what works for you and go with it.

Keep in mind these were ALL under 24/7..These plants NEVER see darkness.
When put in any kind of darkness..whether it be 14 or 12 or whatever hrs of daylight is. Its that 10 or 12 or even 8 hrs of "darkness" that will trigger plants to flower. Now, when moon wrong and we still gainining daylight up to solstice and "all" other factors..Heat/mold insects ect, only good for a plant vegging.
Peace!! <ws>

oh yes I am well aware 24/7 always.
the 20 seeds i had started is from 1994 I had a crazy germ rate under the dark moon of late January.
I really need the indoor room for my sativa dom plant.

it worked before for me, I think it was 1996 but I had them out before april and finished late may in hot dry weather. They did not stretch much in the longer days.

Flipping at the end of the month

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 24

Scrappy-doo

Sorry I cant giv you much info on that area..

That apr moon is threshold for me..Our only dif is you alot colder..
We have 2 large bodies of water on each side of us of course:biggrin:
Puts us in sweet spot..

You might get some strechy flowers and be past the point/time for reveging.No matter.See what works for you and go with it.

Keep in mind these were ALL under 24/7..These plants NEVER see darkness.
When put in any kind of darkness..whether it be 14 or 12 or whatever hrs of daylight is. Its that 10 or 12 or even 8 hrs of "darkness" that will trigger plants to flower. Now, when moon wrong and we still gainining daylight up to solstice and "all" other factors..Heat/mold insects ect, only good for a plant vegging.
Peace!! <ws>

What's the latest you've taken plants in your area without them revegging?

I know you said you try for mid-may but have you done successful harvests in late may or early june?

Socalkingskate

Last night was her first night in the cold, it got down to about 47(abnormally warm for this time of year in the high desert of socal) I took a few days with increasing exposure to sunlight and she likes it more than Indoor and is now producing other worldly smells :D here are some pics, i covered her with blankets a few hours early last night to hopefully kick start her into flower,

do you guys light deprive?

Do you guys jump into bloom nutrients right away when switching to 12/12?

Also in the pictures you can see just how many tops are under the main tops, i feel like it is way over crowded, so i LST'ed her. Should i defoliate? For every one head is five right below it, its very weird, im sure if i kept her vegging for the summer she would be a 5 pounder in the ground

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 22

Wolfshadoe

Yes

Yes

SD I have..Its the heat/humidity and pest that get the buds.Most times butterfly crap!!

Its those early spring flowers that basically have NOTHING but good sunshine to flourish:biggrin:
Waiting to see what this lil freeze will do>>>NOTHING!:biggrin:
Peace!! <ws>

Wolfshadoe

Damn cat!!

Damn cat!!

Way to go:biggrin:

Smart:tiphat:

Soc K..Thats a pretty plant..I would keep some of those tops on.Trim some of the bottom branches..Looks like you got a good root ball and she gonna blast off if placed in ground w good soil..
Peace!! <ws>

Socalkingskate

Thanks mate! I noticed the other pictures didnt post so here they are, along wih it is a weather history graph, if you guys are curious, just go to google and type in "Weather History" along with your zip code, it helped to assure me when the almanac didn't give quite the accurate representation of my actual weather.
Anyone here thing giving the plant a few extra hours of darkness will stress my baby? Im light depriving her anywhere from 1-3 hours extra

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 21

Wolfshadoe

Right now we are close to equinox ..12/12...Thing about giving extra darkness on beginning of flowering is that when you put it out it will have a good hour or 2 of decrease darkness at once.. in your case? 2 or 3 hrs Prolly have adverse growth..If it was opposite losing daylight,gaining darkness then that's good.

If she was under 24/7 light then she gonna flower right on up for ya..
Good luck..<ws>

LostTribe

Premium user
Right now we are close to equinox ..12/12...Thing about giving extra darkness on beginning of flowering is that when you put it out it will have a good hour or 2 of decrease darkness at once.. in your case? 2 or 3 hrs Prolly have adverse growth..If it was opposite losing daylight,gaining darkness then that's good.

If she was under 24/7 light then she gonna flower right on up for ya..
Good luck..<ws>

Hey Wolfman,

So how long do prospective plants need to be under 24/0 for them to auto flower when put outside?

What would happen if those plants were put out at the end of April rather than April 1st? Around 40 N.

Is is possible to stagger plants throughout the growing season with the use of 24/0 veg? Is there a cutoff for them to receive enough darkness to fully bloom?

Considering trying a few....

Socalkingskate

Makes sense about the sudden decrease, she seems to enjoy the 12.5 hrs instead of 9.
Okay so I had noticed overwatering on my baby, she was drooping pretty badly, so I grabbdd my old aqua pump and poked 3 holes into the soil and began pumping air directly into the roots and she bouced right back and grew a good half inch overnight!! Now i have been researching soil/hydro hybrid and you supposedly get the best of both worlds, now i am contemplating whether or not I should pump air into the holes for the summer??? I think I will. Check out the overnight recovery! Also look at the purple buds I'll be having :))

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 21

Wolfshadoe

LT...I have had them flower at 14+ hrs of daylight..They will stretch {buds} bc of increasing daylight up to june 20 something..Now my problem is dence heavy buds ,morning dew,every butterfly known to man love to land on plants...So basically cant hold up to mold/pest ect during hot months jun,jul,aug..>>>GOOD for big vegging plants though:biggrin:,but yes they will flower..You have hoop house with big fan you are in like Flynn..6 crops a year all outside with indoor accomadations...

SGS..Gonna be bushy!!!..That purple was just from that last cold spat.Prolly grow out unless we have a cold front bout easter as normal,,

Good luck yall..Happy growing!!,,I'm a lil behind
<ws>

LostTribe

Premium user
LT...I have had them flower at 14+ hrs of daylight..They will stretch {buds} bc of increasing daylight up to june 20 something..Now my problem is dence heavy buds ,morning dew,every butterfly known to man love to land on plants...So basically cant hold up to mold/pest ect during hot months jun,jul,aug..>>>GOOD for big vegging plants though:biggrin:,but yes they will flower..You have hoop house with big fan you are in like Flynn..6 crops a year all outside with indoor accomadations...

SGS..Gonna be bushy!!!..That purple was just from that last cold spat.Prolly grow out unless we have a cold front bout easter as normal,,

Good luck yall..Happy growing!!,,I'm a lil behind
<ws>

Another question about this method, do the plants have to be continually vegging under decent light under 24/0 for 8 weeks plus or would simply interrupting darkness via string bulbs also cause them to force flower as well?

Wolfshadoe

With my method yes..under floros 24/7..Now those string bulbs I have been seeing seem to work as well...So natural daylight then string bulbs come on would ensure them not to flower..I think that's what y asking?
Peace <ws>

Sorry for late come back...Been REAL busy!!

LostTribe

Premium user
With my method yes..under floros 24/7..Now those string bulbs I have been seeing seem to work as well...So natural daylight then string bulbs come on would ensure them not to flower..I think that's what y asking?
Peace <ws>

Sorry for late come back...Been REAL busy!!

Yes exactly thanks just wondering!

Socalkingskate

Update of spring flowers

Update of spring flowers

Just wanted to put a pic or two up to show how my girl is doing outside. Not much stretch before flowering, im in week 2 of flower and it looks like she wants to finish early, normally the calyxes wont swell until about the 4th-6th week, but she is swelling already. Does anyone know why? The nigts have been cold again and a lot of the fan leaves are dying off already. I think i may have light deprived too much or she is stressed from the cold. Still have a touch of purple but it is going away.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 16

Wolfshadoe

Bet ya notice a stronger smell huh?...

Mine do the same..Now we have dark side of moon and should see things to realy finnish
if that far into flower..I always take mine out before a 50 day stay in swamp ..Sticky .dank
and I love it..They will swell,but I let them go until they say "take me"....

Mine all done but a few still left..Sorry cant share no pics right now>>long story<
Soon I will get some up..Happy growing yall!!
<ws>

Socalkingskate

Funny you mention that thy would be finishing soon, i look at her today and there is a lot more hairs, ill give her three more weeks or so, i just gave her a full dose of koolbloom, ill post the harvest when it comes :)