What's new

SPRING 08'small but good,many strains!

G

NOPE not mad,just GLAD heheheh!!!

My Pineapple skunk is just something you only
find 1 plant out of 1000 grown for selection.....
TO special with an unusually STRONG ODOR!!
Matter of fact im going to roll one NOW hahaha....
GREAT for mornings she can clear your head up,and get
you ready for the days work like a good sativa lady!!!
GLAD your not mad WALLY,i got plenty of seed and im growing
a HUGE ONE for you this fall if possible.......

Me and WALLY are good friends and he understands my excitement!

Folks remember them Tall THAI PLANTS and LEDA UNO's,well half are chopped.
Never had the right light power to finish all them plants but i got 5 left??????
3 thai an 1 leda plus my all time heavy yielder,LARGE LATE AFGHAN going great!~
wanna see or should i end this thread? :redface:

Last edited:
G

guest123

hehehehe yep we can tell your excitement lou .. love to try that skunk of yours one day ,, sounds lovely ... i love pungent strains ...........
good to see someone so in love with their garden , dont worry we understand your passion mate ..

G

Said by a true man........

A more mature man then me huh!
But i like staying young at heart too....
an crazy is a BIG part of it hahahahaha!!!!!
Thanks..

G

Ok time to get with the SATIVAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok time to get with the SATIVAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the thread topics!

THe THAI from Elevatorman is at 5 MONTHS about.....?
THey SUCK MONKEY BALLS in my oppinion,as i guesses earlier?
:cuss: really pissed but i gave it a shot up to this point?????
figures it was some african fake shit haha a thai stick like logs?
You see anybody can grow hay and rap it up to look better!!!
To bad this world is gone to shit with foney fuckers everywhere?
Can ya tell im pissed :rant: give the thai a 10 for vigour,2 for bud.

Ok then look for your selves,ill get the JUNGLE BUNK over first,then
my LARGE LATE AFGHAN will take the stage and 1 leda i left too!!

JUNGLE BUNK can get you busted for NOTHING but stalks and leaves?
Thats why i stopped growing these types in field style,no more than a few?

Well im NOT impressed at all,but really i cant judge the smoke or bud till done
so i have taken 2 clones of each plant#1,#3,#4 and will try them outdoors??
Still i dont think they are worth the risk you take growing HUGE MJ FLAGS...

:redface:

G

GOOD MORNING viet calm.......

GOOD MORNING viet calm.......

Time for coffee,wake an bake!!!!!! :rasta:

NOW let me tell you about my LARGE LATE AFGHAN!!
My strain developed for HUGE YIELDS and strong plant..
THe flower time is much the same as thai or haze strains!
She takes 6 months but is worth every month of time......
Grows HARD NL style buds,the node stretch is only 2 inches 3 max!
Even on her branches the bud sites/nodes are the same 1 to 3 inches!!!
What you get is a FULL DIAMOND SHAPED PLANT about 5 feet tall and wide..
THis plant has been growing with the THAI fakes and actually has BUDS!!!!!

Taken early in the morning as the lights turned on,pics suck take your choice!
ZZZZZZZZZONKED YA with 7 pics of this GIANT PLANT still fattening up.......
Later ill get some better pics to REALLY give a nice finish to this thread ok!!!!

G

Lougrew! said:
Back to the thread topics!

THe THAI from Elevatorman is at 5 MONTHS about.....?
THey SUCK MONKEY BALLS in my oppinion,as i guesses earlier?
:cuss: really pissed but i gave it a shot up to this point?????
figures it was some african fake shit haha a thai stick like logs?
You see anybody can grow hay and rap it up to look better!!!
To bad this world is gone to shit with foney fuckers everywhere?
Can ya tell im pissed :rant: give the thai a 10 for vigour,2 for bud.

Ok then look for your selves,ill get the JUNGLE BUNK over first,then
my LARGE LATE AFGHAN will take the stage and 1 leda i left too!!

JUNGLE BUNK can get you busted for NOTHING but stalks and leaves?
Thats why i stopped growing these types in field style,no more than a few?

Well im NOT impressed at all,but really i cant judge the smoke or bud till done
so i have taken 2 clones of each plant#1,#3,#4 and will try them outdoors??
Still i dont think they are worth the risk you take growing HUGE MJ FLAGS...

Oh come on Lou, don't start calling then fake African shit just cos you don't like them, Elevator Man's contact can prove they are from China and were probably produced in northern Laos. nowt African about them to my eyes, the one I have has all the classic Thai traits - vanilla/lemony/cat piss smell, huge, half-inch long calyxes, very thin, droopy alligator tail leaves, strange, uneven branching. Mine is at 160 days and only now getting into it's stride with the flowering, bright, intense light is not what this strain likes, move the light further away or move them farther from the light and they will fill in more. I expect mine has AT LEAST 90 more days to go, she likes 10.5 hours light and likes the shade in the corner of my grow, the buds furthest from the light in shade, being much thicker than the ones close to the light. This will be an adaptation to shade growing in the jungles of northern Laos, these plants will grown naturally in the shade of trees I reckon, so they are adapted to less intense, scattered light.

Check out these pics, they show ya how the shaded parts of mine are much more developed:

These buds were close to the lamp:

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

Whereas these were in shade:

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

Look at the plant, the left side is much thicker and has many more buds, this is the side that was shaded, the side that had full light is much sparser:

DSCF0008.jpg

So 250+ days to flower? Nowt wrong with that, that's a proper equatorial extreme sativa; folks have become conditioned to believe that 'Thai' flowers indoors in 16 weeks, well, I say that any 'Thai' that flowers well indoors without special adaptation of the environment and ONLY takes 1 weeks will have been polluted with commercial or indica genes at some point. I think it's been a LONG time since pure, unpolluted Thai type sativas have been grown by folks in the west, Sam and the Haze Brothers certainly had many sativas that took many months to flower, I remember Sam sold a variation of Haze called 'January Haze' because it didn't ripen till January.

I think you need to exercise patience with these gals Lou, let em take as long as they take and don't expect big, impressive buds, these just aren't that type of plant. Perhaps this shows ya why pure Thai type strains are rarely grown anywhere these days - they aren't that productive because they take the best part of a year to mature and don't yield well, this is why the Thai Stick was invented - to make a nice package suitable for transport out of all those thin, wispy string of calyxes the plants produce. I think that's probably the best way to deal with these gals when they are eventually done - make em into sticks, cure the sticks well and then enjoy something very few of us will ever experience - a pure, unadulterated SE asian sativa high.

I've done soem research into the current state of affairs in Thailand and the surrounding region and little cannabis is still grown in thailand comemrcially, Thaksin Shinawatra took care of that with his ultra-harsh drugs laws. However, over the border in Laos, things are different, the local people in the north of Laos have no history of smoking cannabis, but the stuff grows naturally all over the place. These people are dirt poor, Laos is pretty undeveloped, particularly the north of the country, and Chinese traders have set up shop near the Chinese border in the north and are buying up as much cannabis and opium as the locals can produce. So what I reckon we have here is a northern Laotian landrace sativa that was grown in Laos, sold to a Chinese Trader, packaged into sticks/logs by the Chinese (remember Elevator Man's pictures of the professionally packaged bundle of sticks with the Chinese label with a Tigers Head?) they probably have a factory either in northern Laos or in China itself where they process the Laotian cannabis into those sticks - this will be why it's pretty much free of stalks and has been manicured before being formed into sticks, there will be a sweat shop somewhere full of Chinese women processing this cannabis and packaging it before it heads either overland through Russia to Europe or through Pakistan, Iran, Turkey then Europe or through China to one of the big ports like Shanghai to be shipped by sea all over the world.

Lou, you need to work out whether the satisfaction of eventually getting to smoke your own pure asian sativa is worth the long wait, it's a personal choice, depends on your tastes and priorities I guess. If you want to get a good yield of good looking buds, then ditch these gals now as they will never give you that, but if you want a few oz of the very finest, rare as hen's teeth sativa par excellence, then you have the raw material forming before your very eyes, it's just that it forms very slowly over many months.

I've pollinated mine with some Purple Afghan pollen, that should shorten the flowerign time drastically, but there should still be some Thai phenos that maintain a large part of the original high, and the PA has no body stone, it's an uplifting, daydreamy mellow happy smily high, so Lou, you're first on the list for some of these seeds man, that's if you wanna try them out, they may be more suitable to your setup that the pure version.

DSCF0006.jpg

As for the African fake controversy some have mentioned before, I have to pour scorn on that notion for several reasons:

1. We had a large quantity of imported African at the same time we had the Thai sticks, we collected seeds from both, the Africans are yet to be grown, but are probably from South Africa as the weed had a dark, earthy taste very reminiscent of Swazi and Durban.

2. The source knows for a fact that the sticks came from SE Asia, but he would get his legs broken at the very least if he told Elevator Man how he knows this, so all he can do is piss himself laughing that folks are foolish enough to think they aren't from SE Asia! He traced them back to the original source, but he can't tell us, but he assures us 110% that they are from SE Asia!

3. The flow of weed from Africa to the UK originates in South Africa and passes through Ghana and The Gambia. South African strains are nothing like Thai, I've grown Malawi Gold and several different Swazis and Durbans, I see no similarity at all between any of those and the Thai lady I have now. Ghana and The Gambia are home to extreme sativas, but the weed from these places is much less common in the UK. There are some less sativa strains such as Accra Skunk, but your typical Ghanaian is a very long flowering extreme sativa, I have a good example of one flowering alongside my Thai - a Jahwi's Joy from esbe, and there are superficial similarities between them now they are both in full flower, but having grown them both from seeds, I can tell you there is bugger all similarity, they have been distinctly different from day one, the Thai is exactly as I would expect for an Asian sativa, the Jahwi is a wierd thing that has never had more then 3 blades per leaf and has exhibited many strange growth traits, easily the wildest plant I've ever grown, makes the Thai seem very well behaved by comparison.

Jahwi's Joy:

DSCF0007.jpg

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hmmm, well I've always said they're Thai or thereabouts Lou, but I've never said how they are going to grow - how the hell do I know what they'll turn out like? They're from commercial shipments after all. I've only grown two to part-way through, and they looked good to me, but that's about all my experience with them.

But they're not African, and I can't be bothered to debate all that stuff again, frankly. And my friend won't get his legs broken, so let's leave all that kind of talk out of this too if that's OK - that's exactly the kind of remark I'm worried about him reading, and won't help anyone.

Let us know how they smoke though, as that is the ultimate test. There must be shorter-faster-flowering phenos in them somewhere...

G

No need to get excited,friends...

Speaking from experience,ive grow hundreds of thai.
Like i said the test is in the final smoke,but judging from
the trichomes i see it is a very low THC strain so far?????
SWEET as heck the stalks are,but you grow weed for buds!
We will all see what comes of these one way here and outdoors.....
Have to disagree with the light BH,mine are showing way more flower
at closer areas around the lights but really my #1 is under the 600 mostly?
#3 and #4 are back about 3 feet from it and doing NOTHING at all really???
Been 2 months indoors now and they are just starting to flower slowly.........
Again EM,BH i have had really good THIA i even have (private video) of hundreds!!!!!

Outdoors is the place for these,im just pissed because im good at growing,
any fucking thing and these are giving me a HARD TIME?
Use to grow MY old THAI under the trees the same way BH hahahahaha!!!!!
GREAT INFO......you ROCK with that stuff man.......but ive been there
and DONE that with thai i use to love!

The thing i DONT like and would say,gave me a hint is the RED yARN.............
African coloring and well i myself could be in the UK,wet some bunks down
roll it in BIG LOGS place an asian stamp on it and call it THAI STICK too????????
EASY!
The other thing i most look at is the flower structures,calyx style,an more...
Giving me hints that the weed is good or BUNK and ive seen and grown these type
calyxes many times with not much resin production at all...look at your flowers a bit
and see the single leaf already telling you the bud is about DONE already.
Seems these plants are the type to grow just enough bud to seed and pack away
in bundles as any mexican buds are packed up,small little seeded buds that form a brick when squished together tightly or rolled in logs maybe???
Even though sativas put on their resin in the last minute of growth huh,im guessing
they will still be very low potency bud huh if they make buds that is???
Maybe they are not africans but that dont mean its not JUNGLE BUNK!
Hahaha i like thai,if it grows buds like i ounce had years ago........

Gist,Hooka thanks boy's she is ONE BEAST also made for the outdoors!
Still with shitty low light conditions she did great along side those thai???
Sitting in the middle of a 600 and a 400 plus to the back of it a 250 helping out..

G

Lougrew! said:
No need to get excited,friends...

Speaking from experience,ive grow hundreds of thai.
Like i said the test is in the final smoke,but judging from
the trichomes i see it is a very low THC strain so far?????
SWEET as heck the stalks are,but you grow weed for buds!
We will all see what comes of these one way here and outdoors.....
Have to disagree with the light BH,mine are showing way more flower
at closer areas around the lights but really my #1 is under the 600 mostly?
#3 and #4 are back about 3 feet from it and doing NOTHING at all really???
Been 2 months indoors now and they are just starting to flower slowly.........
Again EM,BH i have had really good THIA i even have (private video) of hundreds!!!!!

Outdoors is the place for these,im just pissed because im good at growing,
any fucking thing and these are giving me a HARD TIME?
Use to grow MY old THAI under the trees the same way BH hahahahaha!!!!!
GREAT INFO......you ROCK with that stuff man.......but ive been there
and DONE that with thai i use to love!

The thing i DONT like and would say,gave me a hint is the RED yARN.............
African coloring and well i myself could be in the UK,wet some bunks down
roll it in BIG LOGS place an asian stamp on it and call it THAI STICK too????????
EASY!
The other thing i most look at is the flower structures,calyx style,an more...
Giving me hints that the weed is good or BUNK and ive seen and grown these type
calyxes many times with not much resin production at all...look at your flowers a bit
and see the single leaf already telling you the bud is about DONE already.
Seems these plants are the type to grow just enough bud to seed and pack away
in bundles as any mexican buds are packed up,small little seeded buds that form a brick when squished together tightly or rolled in logs maybe???
Even though sativas put on their resin in the last minute of growth huh,im guessing
they will still be very low potency bud huh if they make buds that is???
Maybe they are not africans but that dont mean its not JUNGLE BUNK!
Hahaha i like thai,if it grows buds like i ounce had years ago........

Gist,Hooka thanks boy's she is ONE BEAST also made for the outdoors!
Still with shitty low light conditions she did great along side those thai???
Sitting in the middle of a 600 and a 400 plus to the back of it a 250 helping out..

Let me show some LEDA the one i left and another dry hanging!
Wispy plants that didnt have the light power to finish so i cut some.
The first pic shows the LEDA to the left and the thai in back right..

Leda have come along better
but still unhappy indoors too.....but going better than the thai for shure!!!

This is gonna be hashed.......

G

I hear ya on the resin Lou, but I have to say, mine have about the amount of resin I would expect at this stage, and resin doesn't always equal potency, it's the quality of the trichomes, not just the quantity.

My experience of Thai before this is that hybridise them and they get a lot better in many ways, just a little bit of indica, maybe only 10% is enough to really improve the resin, structure, many traits, but I've grown many plants that were hybrids, I want the pure deal, the unadultered, wild as hell, straight from the jungle bitches that ARE a real challenge to grow, it's the challenge I crave, the unique heady highs the reward, it's maybe a peculiar masochism of mine but I really do love growing extreme sativas, although the amount of time these ones are taking is just criminal really for a guy with the limited resources I have to use up 80% of it on two ultra-long flowering sativas.

I've cloned the Thai, mostly to be able to share with EM, but Iwill grow out some of the PA x Thai soon as there could be some wicked phenos in that hybrid, an F1 of two distinctly different P1s is said to give to the best results, and they don't come much more different than the Purple Afghan and this Thai!

G

True BH......

Thats why i cant REALLY judge yet?
im with ya on the sativas bro,and your doing
great considering a 250w and this thai strain!!!!!
The old high of the Thai is nice and i hope to get something
to show the folks......i know your all counting on me here!!
sorry about my comments.....but thats how i am,outspoken..
Tryin not to let you boy's down,and dont take me wrong if i talk?

im NOT killing them yet,just sayin what i see so far............
PLUS the clones that are going outside NOW will do WAY BETTER!!
THe thing is im gonna have to hide these MJ FLAGS pretty good???
Guarrilla style,but in the yard!!

G

Don't worry Lou, I'm more than happy to chat to ya all day about stuff like this, outspoken beats sneaky hands-down for me and I would expect nothing less from ya man, calling it as you see it is always good in my book!

I'm with ya on the clones doing way better Lou, seems to me tha they don't respond to photoperiod to induce flowering, as I hade them on 12/12 from seed for 60 days and not so much as a preflower, dropped them to 11/13 and for 30 more days, nada, then slowly preflowers began to appear. So although my lady is 160 days old from seeds, she's onl'y been actually flowering for about 30-35 of those I reckon, so I think that this strain is a case of the flowering trigger not being controlled by photoperiod, but by age. This would make sense if she is from near the equator - it's pretty much 12/12 all year-round, so she is adapted to grow for 3-4 months before she will flower. A clone is already mature, that 3-4 month maturationm has already happened so they should flower a lot more rapidly, if a clone placed into 11/13 flowers immediately, then we know that it's a maturity thing.

You see, it's all fine and well reading about these extreme tropical sativas and reading about things like maturity-controlled flowering and extremely long flowering times, but until you get to experience these things for yourself, you don't really develop a full understanding of how they work and affect the way we can grow, so to me, the challenge of growing this Thai lady is also a learning experience and extreme sats are the type of ganja I want to learn inside out as it's the type I enjoy growing and smoking the most. I am gonna try flowering a clone as soon as it's rooted and see if I'm correct about the maturity flowering theory.

Good luck Lou, anytime ya wanna compare notes, give me a holler, it might be masochistic and a little foolhardy for me to work with an extreme sat like this in a wardrobe and a 250, but hey, if I did things by the book I would not have half the fun I do with this hobby!

BTW Lou, have you had any suiccess rootng your Thai clones yet? When mine was still vegging I took a dozen clones and because they had such thin, weak stems, only one rooted and that died after transplant to soil from my little DIY bubbler. (Yup, I do it the same way as you do Lou, but with a pastic sandwich box instead of a pan and alu foil).

G

HEy BH!!

Got my clones to root long ago,2 months!!!
Took 2 of each,and already have them outside a week..
Doing MUCH better outside these plant should be fine!!!!!
Yes BH the flowering with my clones should start now,but
they are a vegging upwards growing no pre flowers at all....
You see here its just like thailand,hot and humid as a mutha fucka!

im going to dust them with my PINE# 5 Bx1 male to make a cross also!
BUd pics soon hopefully,but they move slow........................................

G

Hey Lou, look forward to seeing the clones outside, perhaps we need to find out what it is exactly that makes this strain flower, I don't think it's just photoperiod.

Mine is getting there tho, although the Jahwi's Joy from Ghana is overtaking her on the bud production front:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

I bet when you see pics like that you think 'man, thank god I don't have to grow in a wardrobe!' lol Maybe that's why I like ya Lou, cos we both have a certain kind of madness when it comes to plants! lol

G

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT BH,PASSION QUEST!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT BH,PASSION QUEST!!!!!!!!!

Hey i never got comments on my LLA,really?

Wanna see it again hahaha,im putting a clone outside!
JoeShmoe type plant,but she takes 6 months to finish.......

A TRUE ROCK MONSTER!!!!! :headbange

G

Holy fuck! I missed that beast because I was looking at the Thais, but man, that has got to be THE biggest Afghan i have ever seen, and I had a 10 footer outdoors in the UK in 1998 (the year we had 28+ temps for 2 months) and it wasn't a big as that bastard! Seriously, I never knew an Afghan could get that big, it's obviously an Afghan, looks just like one, just a supersized version! I would love a cut of that bastard for sure!

If ya grow that cut outside, do you have to have a .50 cal at hand to deal with the police choppers? I mean, man, that thing gets so big (and Afghans always stink to high hell!!!) that every chopper within 20 miels would see it! lol

But seriously, how do you manage that thing outdoors? Flower small cuts? Rootbind in small pots? Plant late so they stay small?

G

Like that haaaaaaaaa boy!!!!

THought you missed it or som'm.....
SHE IS MY PRIZE KNOCKOUT GANNI.
SHE WILL PUT YOU DOWN DUDE!!!!!!!

The thing with this specimen is that the flower time is so long
that only HUGE POTS or in the ground will get best results.......

COME ON YOU OUTDOORSMAN,where you all at now?
im NOT done HERE!......isnt she one pretty FAT BOTTOM girl? :muahaha:

Last edited:
love your fields... you definitely have a good spot for growing and definitely take advantage of testing. I love your threads. Keep 'em coming!!!