What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spots and yellow between veins, calcium?

LostTribe

Premium user
I am back in hydroton ebb flo and out of practice. See attached pics.

RO
2.5ml/g silica blast
Jacks321
.5ml/g mr fulvic
1.7ec
ph 5.5-6.2

RH 50-62%
73-82F
DSC08732.JPG

DSC08733.JPG

DSC08736.JPG

DSC08735.JPG
DSC08737.JPG

I was thinking calcium deficiency, so I brought the RH down to lower 50%'s and have let the PH drift up to 6.2. New growth not showing tip burn and they've been at this ec for almost a week. I have one plant that is un affected, a cindy cake cross. These are mixed of Trinity, SFV and Sour D.

LostTribe

Premium user
I had that tip burn before I up potted them. They were flushed about 2 weeks ago after that. New growth is not showing any burnt tips one anything.

LostTribe

Premium user
I am feeding to ebb every 3 hours. I notice a bit of bulge in some of the leaves not too bad but not seeing N toxicity I don't believe. They could be darker green.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have some under t5 that are doing the same thing, they are small coco cuts. Not seeing any critters.

LostTribe

Premium user
Wondering if it could just be too high a humidity. I'm feeding the coco's with tap, maxi, epsom. I am not real sure. I have increased the air movement and set the humidity to 50%.

acespicoli

Get humidity down and temp around 68F
1700186051623.png

Running AC/HEAT and Dehumidifier ?
Sterilized equipment each run with bleach ?
Ultra HEPA intake air ?
Water RO PH 5-6 ? Checking EC?
Running Bubbler res or Drip fed? Dripping whats the roots looking like?

.... I got questions... :huggg: good to see you bud hope your getting along well
She? looks sativaish :) on the nodes but the leaf says hybrid damn affie genes even in winter....
3 TBS sulfur per gallon ro water spray all the time till its gone let the fans dry the sulfur on the leaf drench
Do that for a few weeks it should be gone on the leaf ... if its in the roots..... ugh
H2O2 the root zone

Funny story one time I went on vacation my mom's found some plants when I lived at home
I came back and thanked her told her they looked better than when I left cause the dirt was wet
I thought she watered em .... she did with bleach lol she was trying to kill em
It was mex block weed seed... turned out better than the bricked but ah well

You know how many pounds of brick weed seed I threw in the trash over the years not a ton but a hell of alot
Makes me wish I would have saved some of the best ones I ever got...

I used to get merch weed and a guy I knew grew the dankest indicas I ever saw you know
he would trade me the kine home grown for brick weed 1:1 cause he preferred the up high
as something different I thought he was crazy,,,,, now im starting to miss the imports too

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Running AC/HEAT and Dehumidifier ? Mostly heat without dehumidifier
Sterilized equipment each run with bleach ? Of course, and running 2ppm free chlorine rez is clear
Ultra HEPA intake air ? nope
Water RO PH 5-6 ? Checking EC? Its been jumping from 5.5 to about 6.1 over 48 hours. I have silica blast in there and that usually gives me a drift
Running Bubbler res or Drip fed? Dripping whats the roots looking like?
No bubbler in rez. Yes dripping every 3 hours for 8 minutes until buckets filled. These are hydroton buckets built like autofeed hempy's which i've used many times. This is a new room and havent run this system in a couple years. Jacks in new in this but I've been using it in coco and my aerocloner some. My coco plants are doing the same spotting in solo's under t5's so I am pretty sure its environment.
.... I got questions... :huggg: good to see you bud hope your getting along well

acespicoli

Some affie in the genetics ? suckers are like magnets for mold and fungi issues
Want to try this some time but misting is easy enough

Barato are the ones that did that article on what makes skunk weed smell like a skunk, read that?
Barato Gelato and vc3's etc heavy afghan x skunk a magnet too in coastal areas
See why they found this idea
1700188140301.png

Probably better for outdoor...

1700188237138.png

this is more for me than you, you do a great job already
Just looking over some things as they come to mind

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Some affie in the genetics ? suckers are like magnets for mold and fungi issues
The Trinity is the most afghan. The SFV new growth at the top looks fine. The Sour D is most affected as is the trinity.

I was running a humidifier. I normally dont. Maybe the RH on the floor or up higher is higher I'll check tomorrow.

Slow sluggish growth though from what i've been reading today it looks like the RH and Temp are causing it especially since its doing the same to the tiny ones under not much light.

Last edited:

acespicoli

1700191878055.png

Yours
leaf spot spore need a 60-100x to see the spores

1700192021667.png

Verified example, look familiar ? Or something different? I know you seen this before...
depends on the strain how it presents some are semi resistant others go full disaster

Your lowest lower leaves dried up shriveled and fell off ? Working its way from the bottom to the top ?
Are you able to get root pics?

acespicoli

The Trinity is the most afghan. The SFV new growth at the top looks fine. The Sour D is most affected as is the trinity.

I was running a humidifier. I normally dont. Maybe the RH on the floor or up higher is higher I'll check tomorrow.

Slow sluggish growth though from what i've been reading today it looks like the RH and Temp are causing it especially since its doing the same to the tiny ones under not much light.
>>>Best>ibes :huggg:

LostTribe

Premium user
View attachment 18919442
Yours
leaf spot spore need a 60-100x to see the spores

View attachment 18919443
Verified example, look familiar ? Or something different? I know you seen this before...
depends on the strain how it presents some are semi resistant others go full disaster

Your lowest lower leaves dried up shriveled and fell off ? Working its way from the bottom to the top ?
Are you able to get root pics?
The roots were nice and white when I saw them. This began prior to seeing them all. Its not like that. They have interveinal chlorosis as well and its not spotting this bad. Spots seem more whitish in color on the parts where it started. Lower leaves had faded on a few I just pulled them. I'll take a closer look under a scope tomorrow but havent had issues with PM. I normally don't use a humidifier but was trying to get them moving faster. I had been down to 45% RH for a bit during a cold spell which should be returning shortly somewhat colder at least.

dramamine

The roots were nice and white when I saw them. This began prior to seeing them all. Its not like that. They have interveinal chlorosis as well and its not spotting this bad. Spots seem more whitish in color on the parts where it started. Lower leaves had faded on a few I just pulled them. I'll take a closer look under a scope tomorrow but havent had issues with PM. I normally don't use a humidifier but was trying to get them moving faster. I had been down to 45% RH for a bit during a cold spell which should be returning shortly somewhat colder at least.
Could there have been something funky growing in the humidifier, since it had been sitting awhile? Just a thought..

Latest posts

Latest posts