What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spleefman's Remodeled, Retooled, Reloaded Room

namaste1

Beautiful room and grow bud spleefman! How do you like the chem4 so far? See that you have a portable ac with one hose which I thought it would suck a bit of air out of the room when its on? Have you noticed your co2 go down when the ac is on? Namaste~

ColoraDro

Shit just inspires a Playa haha nice shit man I love the,mcfly shit looks fire!

Keepin my eye on this one

Dro

Well thanks for all the kind words, I am trying to make Colorado Proud!

hey bud....looking great. love the revamp.....
2 questions.
Are you pulling cold outside air through your hoods or? what is the cycle of our air flow.

I am using an 8" Vortex which is supposedly a 750 cfm, pulling cold air in from outside. Each intake has a Dust Shroom on it to keep the hoods clean and keep bugs out. I really will need to get a more powerful fan on these rows of lights when spring comes, but right now it is cold where I am, and it will be that way for awhile. Vortex fans are loud, and I don't think they pull as much as they say they do. I think I bought them because they were cheap, but they are at least 4 years old.

and second.

Looks like you have a fan pulling air off the canopy and blowing to the other side of the room with a y on it ya?
just circulation or ?

peace

That is an intake, also an 8" Vortex, with a piece of insulated duct, and a "wye" on the end. Also has a Dust Shroom on the exterior of the building where it sucks the air in.

Additionally I have 2 x 6" exhaust fans near the ceiling on the far right wall.

Beautiful room and grow bud spleefman! How do you like the chem4 so far? See that you have a portable ac with one hose which I thought it would suck a bit of air out of the room when its on? Have you noticed your co2 go down when the ac is on? Namaste~

You are correct, that is a cheapo Home Depot A/C, used during the summer, when I didn't run CO2. If we have a warm day, which does happen occasionally, even in winter, I will shut off the CO2 and fire that A/C up.......... right now, it is off, and all cooling is as above. I also have a swamp cooler in there, also turned off right now, it adds a lot of humidity, and those plants are already putting off a lot of their own humidty. Better to just let the CO2 buildup, and the heat rise, and then the fans automatically come on (I am using a Sentinel Enviro Controller) and dump the heat, and we do it again. I'd guess the fans run for 10 minutes every hour maybe, I have the temp deadband set at 6, so they come on at 82 and go off when it gets down to 76.

I will be installing at least 3 tons of A/C in here next spring, maybe more. That portable won't cut it in the heat of the summer. My old hoods ran a lot cooler, these huge Raptors seem like they retain the heat.

I am always happy to answer questions!

G

GOOROO

I just ask as I have major issues here in co with cold air coming into my room and creating condensate on my ducting, tho, I am using uninsulated which I'm sure makes a huge difference.

Space Case

Veteran
New room looks gravy, baby! Hope you pull some serious weight. In other news, I need a MMJ friendly framer...

yayarea

Nice room, what size pots are you using? I looked at another guy running chem4 ( applefarmer ) he said he's running one gallon pots and his yield is looking pretty nice. Im doing chem4 in 5 gallons wondering if I should switch.

Nice room, what size pots are you using? I looked at another guy running chem4 ( applefarmer ) he said he's running one gallon pots and his yield is looking pretty nice. Im doing chem4 in 5 gallons wondering if I should switch.

I am using the #5 tall nursery pots, pretty standard pots, they hold like 4 gal of Coco/Perlite. I don't know if these are the best pots I should use, they were left over from my old room, which used Dutch Leach Trays, which happened to be 8" wide, and these are the pots that fit those trays. I think if I switched to Smart Pots, or something similar, my root growth would be better.

If you use 1 gal Nursery Pots (I veg in those) you will be watering like twice a day if you get a decent size plant. Something to think about.

I use 5 gal buckets in my vert, they are nice because at first I only need to water them like twice a week. Now, at 6 weeks into flower, they get 1 min x 3 tims a day!

Nice rebuild bro! What's in the Coco mix? I see some perlite? Any organics?

turbo

I am using Canna Coco, with like 20 - 30% kinda chunky (Pharoc, not that Fox Farm boulder sized stuff) I have switched between straight coco and some perlite mixed in, and the perlite mix seems easier for me to work with, if I was to do pure coco again, I would throw in some crutons, and use an inch of Hydroton on the bottom of the pot.

As for organics, I am using the UN-Organic GH 6/9 with 5 of Cal-mag (pretty standard coco formula) but, am also doing weekly feedings of Budswell Guano, Floralicious, and FloraNectar (17% Molasses), so some Organics thrown in, mostly for adding flavor, which they do.

McFly Day 57..........

Room with a View

MFRoom.jpg

MF1.jpg

MF2.jpg

MF3.jpg

MF4.jpg

smoooth

Wow
Very clean setup man. Plants look very happy
Likin the look of the mcfly. How is the high/smell/yield etc?
Thanks for sharing