What's new

Spider mites and raw neem oil: let's roll.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Now that I know Spinosad is effective used systemically, I think I may be done with stinkin old neem.

We have heard the old saying; "prevention is the best medicine" yes?

The stuff I've read says that Spinosad has no effect on suckling insects. I thought spider mites were suckling insects.

So you just spray this stuff on the leaves and they ingest enough to kill them?

Pine

mad librettist

Veteran
suckling mites are hard to deal with, but ladybugs like them well roasted, apple in their proboscis.

mmmm... suckling mites .... so young and tender

A1M-9SW

very much under control with plagron's neem solution here.

I've been spraying 2 days ago. Time to spray again , or should I wait tomorrow night or morning.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Just wanted to say: the OP's title for this thread is epic. Gets my vote for best thread title 2010 (so far, that is).

mad librettist

Veteran
i'm not surprised that canola oil works. It all depends on the schedule. Neem oil gives you an edge but just soap or oil works fine as well.

A1M-9SW

ive used this http://the-plant-directory.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2249 with incredible sucess. its not neem, but rapeseed oil. kills them all on contact, i dont see them move at all after this has been applied. first app kills nearly all, 2nd app a day later gets the ones it missed and then i give it a couple more apps every few days to make sure all are gone.

Thanks man, man I wish I lived in the UK... I'm pretty sure they don't ship to europe outside Uk?

also, could I get this in other EU countries ? (i am central)

This is def. something I was looking for.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Earth-Tone Horticultural Oil is made from canola/rape seed oil. It's $16.99 for 32 oz. and probably less if you look around.

CC

203460.jpg

A1M-9SW

can anyone maybe advise a site that would ship to central european countries
these 2 last rapeseed products mentioned

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
can anyone maybe advise a site that would ship to central european countries
these 2 last rapeseed products mentioned
That might prove challenging.

Rape seed (or canola seed) has some issues that limit the distribution in some countries. You'll probably have to check with whatever agencies in your country control the use of specific agriculture products.

Rape seed products are a hotly debated issue around the globe.

HTH

CC

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Last edited:

250wscrogger

Neem sucks, it barely kills any mites and doesn't do shit to the eggs... not to mention your buds will taste like garbage if you spray within the last 2 weeks of flower...never again will I use that shit.
ENJOY! :tiphat:

Organic pesticides don't work worth a shit even with daily spraying...you'll see.
Try the dr doom foggers...they're the only thing I've used that has been effective against spidermites. :blowbubbles: If your moms are infested, you NEED to make new ones and start over or you will be stuck with mites forever.

mad librettist

Veteran
I must have had special mites, because I sprayed every 4th day and got total control.

or maybe you tried it and didn't know how to use it? I would have helped you out bro. Did you even use raw neem oil? Because I think the "oil" part gets no credit for doing 80% of the job. We focus on the neat chemicals in there, but FYI soap or oil is very effective control for lots of pests. Spray your outside plants every day while bees are around and you lose those too. It's not harmless and it's not useless.

I think it's cute that people overestimate themselves but underestimate well regarded techniques that work most of the time. It's you bro, not the oil. Believe it or not, that's the good news.

250wscrogger

I used pure neem mixed with palmolive dish soap/ water to the suggested dosage... doesn't fucking work...they come back. I soaked the fuck out of the undersides of all leaves ect and they still came back till I used the foggers and choked those bitches out.

Don't tell me I'm full of shit or didn't use the products right because I'm sure many people have had the same problems with neem failing to kill eggs. I speak from experience, I used neem in flower last season and it gave the bud a horrible taste...pretty much ruined a 12lb crop with neem before I realized fogging was the only hope.

Maybe my situation was a little different... 2 serverely overgrown 8x9 greenhouses with ZERO walking room, all plants were pretty much bumping eachother so the mites could just crawl from one plant to the next. They just multiply too fast in a large area with large plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts