What's new

Spider mites AKA The Borg

Justa6655321

Veteran
Keep your fresh chopped plants in a cold dry place and it should help them die off. I've had them explode on a freshly harvested plant...I guess its a natural way of protecting their survival, they explode and try to spread before their dead and the higher heat from a drying room helps them. But usually after a plant is harvested they all die on that plant. Nothing to eat.

OM is right, if one plant has them there is a great probability the others are infected too. That is my problem, i run a perpetual harvest and it seems like i just cant kill all the fuckers and one or two survive. Just when i think i've got them beat the come back.

Right now i'm trying my best to finally put an end to them..I'm spraying Azamax and neem every other day for 2 weeks and then I'm going to introduce 3 times the reccomend amount of preditor bugs in hopes the get whatever is left.

Yeah bobby, that's what happens. How many days are you from harvest? Azamax or azatrol, permethrin, neem, gralic spray, sm90, or any kind of horticutural oil will knock them down. & yeah they will still be on your bud after harvest. You can use a mix of organic dish soap and olive oil, if it's a couple of days b4 harvest.

Florimite is listed 3 days b4 harvest on green house tomatoes, but I haven't used it during flower & don't suggest you do. That being said it WILL work.

That being said, I am also going to start eating organic tomatoes from the farmers market.

Justa, do preying mantises kill mites? One time we were visiting our buddy at our old grow and we saw a mantis when we were in the backyard swimming in the pool. I said at the time that we should catch it and put it inside, but our buddy was worried about the nasty bites they can give. I personally thought it would be cool to provide something that is endangered a safe place to live, knowing that it would help keep the grow bug free. What do you think about mantises? I have seen another thread on here about them, and I must admit I'm fascinated with them. Maybe I'm over romanticizing it, but I think I'd enjoy having a guardian in my garden. Though we are lucky at our current grows not to have any bugs, aside from having had some gnats at one, but nothing to write home about . . . . .

So my hubby swears that only Floramite sc will kill them for good. It is pricy, but you only need a tiny bit, so it lasts a long time! he would know, we certainly have tried many things in previous grows.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Let me jump in again real quick then im gone:

1 tablespoon Pure spray OMRI
1 Tablespoon Azamax OMRI
1 Gallon Water

Spray thoroughly under leaves and all over once a week for a month. No more Mites, No more mold. Just get it and do it. Forget the chemicals and toxin on your medicine. Do it Brothers and Sisters It works! I promise! DP

One Love

SB.J

Hey, I am 2 weeks to finishing. There are a few webs throughout garden but I dont want to spray anything right before harvest. is it fine to just let them thrive for the next 2 - 3 weeks? BTW temps are around 80, humid 45-50. they are held down by net so not possible to really get to all of it

Um yeah if you wait you're stuff will look like crap. IMHO it could also lead to mold.

Bug bomb your room with organic permetherin now. It will kill all the adults, but they will be back at it in about a week. You could mix your own veg oil & organic soap & spray as much as you can. There's neem oil concentrate at home depot.

Or bight the bullet and get some azamawhatever. Works great, but I think you'll have to apply it twice.

hey, where do mites come from?? Reason I ask is because I had mites in my basement before I was even growing anything. I guess that also explains why I always see lady bugs around, they eat mites. I noticed webbing and eggs and a bunch of mites near the basement windows on the opposite side of the basement to which I started my tomatoe/pepper plants. But, now they are going at the plants so I need to get rid of them.

intotheunknown

Veteran
well....

well....

i was trying to avoid this thread for the life of me, but unfortunately i gots the borg. im going to try some neem oil, and unleash an arsenal of ladybugs to clean up shop. luckily the problem isnt too bad yet and im in veg. so well see what happens. wish me luck!

update: ladybugs seem like they would rather ride around on eachothers backs and hump instead of eat. although i do think they have been eating. ill try the neem oil next.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
You gan get 1oz bottles of Floramite on ebay for around $15 shipped.

Big ups for the info. Just went and bought one. They are 21.95 with free shipping. Just got my first mite infestation, (from clones I received in trade!!!) :mad:

Until now I've never had bugs, but for a few gnats that came in some pro mix I bought. WTF!

A1M-9SW

oh well I'm pretty sure I have them aswell.

I got no pics at this moment. But I am not 100% . Only 1 plant is affected of a total 2 , and I can see the things crawling under the leave with the naked eye easily, they look brown and are pretty big...

I am going to try plagron neem on them
I am into 3rd week of flower .. I thought of spraying the oil ...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The Perfect Fix!

The Perfect Fix!

Look Folks, I know about Mites big time. Trust me and just do this! I eradicated a room of them, after having problems and losses and poor quality for months.
Go to your grow shop and buy Azamax concentrate and the pure spray concentrate. Add 1 tablespoon of each to a gallon of water and spray your plants all over even under leaves. Do that 2 times a week for 3 weeks and all will be gone with no returns! Do it!. Always do it before flowering, up to 2 weeks after 12/12 then stop spraying. Dont spray buds with anything. Catch it early, then relax!

j242

After reading this whole thread yesterday I has Mitemares!!!! Anyway, has anyone ever experimented with running a small amount of electrical current through the infested plants? Also why is everyone ignoring the C02 solution? If nothing else worked I would get one of those large laundry bags that they put your clothes in when you get them back from the cleaners and put over my infested plant. Then fill the bag with C02? Why wouldnt that work?
Cheers!

Albertine

Wondering if anyone has tried spraying with diatomaceous earth mixed into their spray. I'm using Azatrol but thought that a mechanical kill method would be fantastic. I figure you probably won't want to spray it too far into flower or you'll be smoking it. It goes through a spray bottle ok when it's mixed with water/Azatrol. What do you think?

darko_G

i dont know if this has been mentioned. but when doing my thing outdoors, i have used a weak fairy liquid solution sprayed on all over the foliage to eliminatye the dreaded spider mite

true say i havnt used it too late into flowering so dont know how it will affect things with bug nugs soaking all that soap up, (i guess a real thorough flush might help)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts