What's new

Speedemons Twin Magnum xxxl 1000 watt grow

S

speedemon

Hello fellow growers welcome to my latest grow which go's as follows:

Plants:
Sweet Seeds Green poison and Big Buddha Blue Cheese.(clones)

Plant stage picture taken:
Week 3 of flowering.

Growing Medium and Pot Size:
Rockwool Celmax cubes.
7 x 11 litre square pots.

Nutrients and Additives:
GHE 3 part nutes.(Using GHE chart for dosage)
Canna PK 13/14.
Canadian Express Headmasta.
Canadian Express Root-regen.
Fed to plants via a topspin 12 site dripper system.
Nutrient mix kept in a compact 110 litre thermally insulated water butt with temps kept at 20 degrees celcius.(tri-meter e.c, ph and temperature monitor)
PH kept at 5.8
EC between 1.8 and 1.9

Lighting, Intake and Extraction:
2 x Magnum xxxl Air cooled shades
1 x 8" Etaline fan (from cold air feed through lights and out. Can be left running with co2 without extracting any air from the room)
1 x 8" Etaline fan (200mm Rhino filter. can be turned on and off on a timer with co2)
1 x 5" RUK intake
SMSCOM Twin fan speed controller for carbon filter and intake.(sensor at canopy level)
80 lumens per square foot.

Temps and Humidity:
25 degrees celcius lights on.
20 degrees celcius lights off.
Humidity 30% RH
Data logger set to monitor humidity, due point and temps every minute for 7 days then formatted on a graph on pc.

Room Size and spec:
5'2" x 5'2" x 2 meters high 100% sealed room with negative pressure.(sealed for when I start using co2)
Thermal bubble wrap lined floors, walls and floor with diamond mylar over walls.
Accustic sound proofed ceiling and front walls.
100% light proof 4 point shoot bolt locking door. (walk in wardrobe disguised)

I cannot recommend the Magnum XXXL's highly enough since upgrading to them I have noticed huge bud formation very early on, also they keep the heat in so the room stays cool. There are no real hot spots either, thank god the UK has a supplier of these great shades now.
I hope you enjoy looking at some of the pics and I will update on week 7 as these strains are 7 weekers, so will be chop time.:smokeit:

Cannabean

nice lookin setup and plants. Im interested in these hoods but at 100 bucks a pop more than the hydrofarm radiants I use, it might be a while :/
buds look great! :dance013:

CannabisTHC

Looking real good there, I have 2 Magnum's too, great reflectors. We're both going to be harvesting around the same time. Good luck finishing em out!

S

speedemon

the XXXL's are the best I've used. good choice.
Agreed mate, I have had almost every cool shade the UK have done but these as you said are the best I have ever used. Nice equal light spread, no hot spots and keeps room temps in the ideal zone. I will never turn back now :)

I

ijimunot

Going to retire the old 42" parabolic and go air cooled. I use a equalizer deflector on my hood to even out the light pattern and heat. Do you use one with the magnums or anybody else see the need for one.

S

speedemon

Going to retire the old 42" parabolic and go air cooled. I use a equalizer deflector on my hood to even out the light pattern and heat. Do you use one with the magnums or anybody else see the need for one.
No mate you would not need to use one with these reflectors they dispurse the light and heat good enough without.

daveduvet

Respect! Love to see people who really care about what they do and appreciate the importance of good kit. I bet those hoods will pay for themselves the first time around! How close can you get them to the tops of the plants?

S

speedemon

Respect! Love to see people who really care about what they do and appreciate the importance of good kit. I bet those hoods will pay for themselves the first time around! How close can you get them to the tops of the plants?
Cheers for the kind words mate, I can get them within 6" from the plants mate using clip on fans in each corner as pictured blowing air over the glass to disperse the heat.

S

speedemon

very impressive :tiphat:,,have u a link for the hoods ?
Cheers mate, I cannot post a link to the shop that sells the hoods (considered spam) but if you google progrow and give the Exeter branch a call they will sort you right out, also they deliver anywhere in the UK for £6.99 :) p.s they are not yet advertised on their site but they are instock as well as a load of other nice shades from sunlight supplies. Well worth the money.

stgermain

hi speedemon, just to let you know there is only one Progrow the scotland progrow are absolutely nothing to do with Progrow exeter!!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Excellent work mate, nothing short of stellar. I am upgrading to super sun 2's or these myself after reading PICO's aircooled light test thread here. The super sun 2's have a slight hotspot compared with the xxxl's which as you point out disperse light uniformly.

As I am using 600's I may just end up going with the super sun 2's.

Looks like you are getting very nice results using these... I think I was reading a post on uk420 where you were showing these the other day? Maybe it was someone else ;)

How many plants of each do you have in there and what is the green poison made up of?

Looking forward to seeing your results mate, thanks for sharing!

S

speedemon

Excellent work mate, nothing short of stellar. I am upgrading to super sun 2's or these myself after reading PICO's aircooled light test thread here. The super sun 2's have a slight hotspot compared with the xxxl's which as you point out disperse light uniformly.

As I am using 600's I may just end up going with the super sun 2's.

Looks like you are getting very nice results using these... I think I was reading a post on uk420 where you were showing these the other day? Maybe it was someone else ;)

How many plants of each do you have in there and what is the green poison made up of?

Looking forward to seeing your results mate, thanks for sharing!

Hi Mate, Firstly thanks for the kind words :) I have 7 plants at the moment in their but plan on growing 6 in 20 litre air pots for future grows which have been lst and bent to the max to form very bushy plants with plenty of buds. I do not know what the Green Poison is made up of and I have tried searching but they do not say?? As for posting pics of the grow on uk420 then I had better not as they might ban me again lol I now just surf 420 for info but never post ;) As for the results of having 80 lumens per square foot, yes I am noticing a hell of a quicker process and a lot fatter buds quicker :) Good luck with your grows mate :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts