What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

I've run out of space the the Veg Room. Three of the plants are out under the big lights. I've taken clones from the plants that I started from seed. Once the roots are established I'll flip the older plants to see which ones get evicted.

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 20

Fixer

Looking good so far mate, won't be long till you know what's what!

Thanks Palindrome, The build is moving along as fast I need it to. I'm getting ready to flower in about 10 days. The CO2 is set up. I still need to rejigger my light hangers to get closer to the ceiling. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 24

Fixer

I'm trying out two different types of door sweeps to prevent light leaks. The first is a plastic strip that seals against the floor. It makes the door harder to operate. The second is a Brush Sweep. The brush sweep seems to be the winner. Not only does it cause less friction but it also seems to block the light better than the white plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 23

Fixer

I have the RO and nute tanks set up. I had to install a 4 port pressure valve in the RO lines to get the water to stop running past the float valve. I placed a small pump in the bottom of the RO tank to pump the water up to the nute tank. I put a second float valve at the inlet for an RO water in the nute tank, to save me from myself. Finally there's a ball valve at the bottom of the nute tank, to drain the nute solution by gravity and an air stone in the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3029.jpg
    IMG_3029.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 25

Fixer

Hi my name's Fixer and I'm a clonoholic. I picked up four more strains from a friend who's got a seed problem. He's the one who gave me the four White Ice and four Master Kush clones. This week he's come through a Skywalker, a Mega Jackpot, a Critical Cure and something he labeled BL (I'll ask.) :woohoo:

Fixer

I cobbled together a sump for my 4'x8' flood tray. I've got the tray elevated on patio blocks, and a sheet of OSB so I can pitch the tray toward the drain without it bending. I drilled a 1 1/4" hole for a bulkhead fitting into which I screwed a 1/2" NPT barbed elbow. A bit of 1/2 tubing runs to another bulkdead fitting in the bottom of a five gallon bucket from which I'm pumping the runoff into the sink. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Fixer

Clone pics! The second pic shows leaves trying to grow from under the cloning puck. Crazy plant!

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 20

Fixer

I topped and pruned. Ready to go into flower if I can get my lights to work reliably. Does anyone have experience with Solis Tek Matrix Ballasts?

Attachments

• IMG_3098.jpg
    IMG_3098.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3099.jpg
    IMG_3099.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 39

Fixer

I'm stalled. I've tried different brands of bulbs and different circuits. I got rid of the extra long power cords. These Solis Tek Matrix ballasts just keep trying to ignite the bulbs then throw a E-04 error. If anyone has any sage words I'm all ears.

Fixer

The dreaded E-04 message. I'm hoping Santa brings LEDs for Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21

Fixer

It turns out one of the Solis Tek ballasts was sending the E-04 fault to both ballasts. I was able to replace one of the ballasts and sort the problem for around $225. Not the LEDs I want but comparatively inexpensive.

Attachments

• IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 19

Fixer

Happy Holidays everyone! The RH was getting way too high in the Veg Room during the four hours the door was closed while the lights were off in the Flower Room. I installed this fan I found on Amazon. It has a controller that turns it on if the RH and/or temp. exceeds the parameters you set.

I'm sucking air into the Veg Room From the Flower Room during lights off. My dehumidifier is in the Flower Room so the air in that room is always drier than in the Veg Room. It seems to be working :)

Attachments

• IMG_3138.jpg
    IMG_3138.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3136.jpg
    IMG_3136.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 19

Fixer

The plants are in flower. I've set up 2 layers of trellis netting.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 26

coooper

Im so glad you posted these pictures with those extendable poles. Used to use those at one of my old jobs and forgot all about them. Will definitely be buying these now instead of putting hooks all over the walls when i do the flower room! Looking good!!

Fixer

Im so glad you posted these pictures with those extendable poles. Used to use those at one of my old jobs and forgot all about them. Will definitely be buying these now instead of putting hooks all over the walls when i do the flower room! Looking good!!

Hi coooper, They are called "3rd Hand" I use one to hold my construction laser up in the middle of a room. They are definitely a good option for netting. Just make sure you buy the correct length for your ceiling height. The come in all sorts of sizes. Thanks for stopping in! :tiphat:

Fixer

I just set up the manifold and the dippers for the auto feed system. Right now it's gravity fed. I've got to find a pump today.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3192.jpg
    IMG_3192.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 19