What's new

Southpaw Does HGF Caramella

southpaw

wow...impressive for 150 watts!!

very nice plants!

It's not the 150 watts that's the dirty little secret.

It's that they stretched to three feet plus... and I left them in 1 gallon containers.

:laughing:

The miracle of coco... but I'm investing in some 1.7 gallon rose buckets pronto. I can tell these got pretty freaking root bound... but it's all good.

Glad you like the pics man! :D

southpaw

Day 36... same smell on this girl, very nice resin coverage, but she's going to yield half of what her sisters will if I'm lucky. Probably don't get more than a quarter dry off of her top bud. Still, she wanted some attention.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And yes, that is some tip burn. Got carried away with the guano tea early in flowering.

:spank:

Full flush begins for this girl and my foxtailer in a few days.

southpaw

Fall outside, fall in the closet. Just a little over two weeks left for this girl.

picture.php

Main cola foxtailed on me and got a little fluffy, but it seems to be filling in ok. From top to bottom is about a soda can and a half long.

picture.php

southpaw

Art, Core, thanks guys! Looks like Sleepy is doing a number with PCR, sounds like an awesome cross man.

Day 40 and these broads are getting vainer every day. :biglaugh: I'm also getting completely lost as far as describing the smell, it's still extremely low key over all, but get close and it's another story entirely. I'm still getting that nice orange spice smell off the resin, but the buds themselves are ranging anywhere from old school Flintstones chewables on the more indica leaning plant, to that deep sweet smell you get after a rainy day on the foxtailer. And the resin coverage... well, see for yourself!

Closeup on lower bud of #3...

picture.php

#1... hard to see, but she's starting to turn a really subtle lavender tone.

picture.php

Closeup on bud of #1...

picture.php

#2 in all her glory, I'm in love with her. She's going about a week longer than the others, thus a little bit more deep green to her still.

picture.php

Closeup on lower bud of #2...

picture.php

Group shot...

picture.php

Thanks for stopping in!

Very impressive Southpaw! Its not a common strain to see.. I have been working with a couple Carmella Hybrids, for a while now. Ive found some unique stuff in my hybrids. Id love to exchange some notes with ya.

TK

southpaw

Very impressive Southpaw! Its not a common strain to see.. I have been working with a couple Carmella Hybrids, for a while now. Ive found some unique stuff in my hybrids. Id love to exchange some notes with ya.

TK

I'd be glad to, although really, I grow on a very small scale and just do it because I love to do it. If you've been growing and breeding her for a few generations already, there's probably not much I can tell you that you haven't seen.

I took cuts and pollinated a few lower pistils, so it looks like I'll have around 30 or 40 F2 seeds to play with. I'd love to know if you found anything interesting in that generation, or what kind of traits she passes on.

I'd be glad to, although really, I grow on a very small scale and just do it because I love to do it. If you've been growing and breeding her for a few generations already, there's probably not much I can tell you that you haven't seen.

I took cuts and pollinated a few lower pistils, so it looks like I'll have around 30 or 40 F2 seeds to play with. I'd love to know if you found anything interesting in that generation, or what kind of traits she passes on.

Ive found a pheno with extreme trichome production.. also found a pheno that is mainly Caramella dominant. Very large flowers, Strong caramel scent, foxtails, and great trichome production.. Its a very short bushy pheno. Grows horizontally, making it great for indoor production

southpaw

Ive found a pheno with extreme trichome production.. also found a pheno that is mainly Caramella dominant. Very large flowers, Strong caramel scent, foxtails, and great trichome production.. Its a very short bushy pheno. Grows horizontally, making it great for indoor production

Very interesting... did you run into any fruit smells in your plants? I'm seeing lots of resin, definitely quite a bit of strong branching (I've got colas reaching into the light from literally the sixth or seventh node) and some foxtails, but anything I'd call a "caramel" smell seems to be very, very subtle.

What is the cured smoke like?

Also, when did you harvest? I think I'm harvesting a little later than I first thought, still way too many white pistils to make me think these will be done in eight days.

Very interesting... did you run into any fruit smells in your plants? I'm seeing lots of resin, definitely quite a bit of strong branching (I've got colas reaching into the light from literally the sixth or seventh node) and some foxtails, but anything I'd call a "caramel" smell seems to be very, very subtle.

What is the cured smoke like?

Also, when did you harvest? I think I'm harvesting a little later than I first thought, still way too many white pistils to make me think these will be done in eight days.

The caramel in my mother is strong, and very dead on. They flower for a while. I didnt keep track of the exact days but it was more than 10 wks. They just keep foxtailing, and looking better and better, and getting bigger and bigger. The cured smoke is very potent, medicinal grade. Not the smoothest smoke, but then again, It could be the nutes I used. Im slowly learning the organic route, and running everything pure organix.
I cant wait to see more from u10TT

southpaw

Day 48, looking at harvesting two of the girls in about a week. This is definitely going to be on the early side, but I flushed a little too soon, and I'm looking for some uplifting buds anyhow. All the clues were right in front of me that this might actually be a nine week strain, but they packed on buds so early I got sucked into thinking they would finish really quick. With hindsight, I don't think I'd let any of these go less than 63 days. But hey, you live you learn.

On to the pics...

picture.php

She is going at least nine weeks, just to see the difference in smoke. She also seems to have the most juice left of the three.

picture.php

Here is the foxtailer. Almost no fans left, but on the plus side, trimming her is going to be a breeze. :biglaugh:

picture.php

And kind of a neat closeup on the resinous indica pheno. Might take her a few days past 55 just for the hell of it. Very pretty colors.

Thanks for stopping in!

These girls just keep filling in! Looking very nice at nearly 7 weeks!
How are the trichs looking? I have a hard time finding ambers on my carmel.. I let my girl go for along time.. Shes looking great man, props!
10TT

southpaw

Hey man! Yeah, I'm seeing mostly clear with a few cloudy here and there. If I was real worried about yield I'd be more patient, but I never even come close to smoking everything I grow, and everything gets a really long cure kind of by default. Even if they end up being a little edgy, they will mellow out with time.

Took a few cuttings though, so next time around I'll give them a proper finish.

southpaw

Beans!

Beans!

So I posted a few weeks ago that I was hoping for about 40 seeds... :biglaugh:

My selective pollination skills need some serious work. 120 little Caramella F2s and counting, all dark and very viable looking. I bet I end up with about 150 all told.

picture.php

The indica pheno was chopped at Day 52 with a nice number of cloudy trichs. Hanging and drying (and shrinking, always hate that) as we speak. The other two girls are still kicking out new pistils.

"Long colas" were in the strain description. For a buck fifty, I think this qualifies.

picture.php

Not in love with her smell though anymore. Still kind of fruity with hashy and nutty undertones, but also with a spicy kind of fennel whiff as well. Here's another angle.

picture.php

I owe TenToesTall for the heads up, she's definitely fattening up this week. Probably will chop her around Day 63, still a ton of clear trichs on her.

This is easily the coolest looking plant I've ever grown, and her smell blows the other two out of the water. Deeper and sweeter, with similar orangey undertones. Still kicking out a ton of new growth also.

picture.php

And my favorite shot so far.

picture.php

Thanks for stopping in!

southpaw

Chopped this one today at Day 59. Still mostly clear, but with a couple of ambers also.

A few shots of the main cola.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a couple of the lower branches.

picture.php

picture.php

The Day 52 plant is already jarred and curing. Nicely balanced smoke, uplifting, relaxing, with a respectably potent indica finish. I will definitely have a detailed report up in a few weeks.

Happy Holidays! :smokeit:

southpaw

Nnep, Re51n8, thanks for stopping by!

Wow, I am LIFTED off of a tester bud from freshly dried Day 59 bud. Energetic in the head with relaxing elements also, but kind of twisted too. Definitely having trouble focusing. Good stuff.

southpaw

The last plant, right before she was chopped at Day 65.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a couple of dried nug shots.

picture.php

picture.php

Smoke report coming in a few weeks.

Thanks to everybody who followed along, and Happy Holidays!

Latest posts

Latest posts