What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southh African Durban Poison x Skunk

tokinjoe

I've got some S. Afr.DP x Skunk seeds I am thinking about planting. I want to get them outdoors by around the middle of May and can grow until the first of November. Anyone ever tried this strain?

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
The description from the SeedsDirect website:

12.5%-Indica
87.5%-Sativa
Fit for indoor,outside and greenhouse growing
A medium tall plant with long, sticky buds and many branches.
Flowering takes 8-10 weeks.
A high(strong?)smell with a soft taste.

I got them as a freebie as well and will be growing some this Spring even though I'm not real fond of the sativas. If they're half as good as the WYD I grew last last year I'll be well pleased.

tokinjoe

I'm more curious about the yields and the quality of the strain. I read the same description, but it leaves a little to the imagination. I'll prob still try a few in my garden and see what happens.

badmf

:confused: Rememeber "you" know where "you" are but this question can't be answered without a latitude, right?

wolfshadow

Tokin,

Plant them seeds,on the FIRST quater of the MARCH moon.They have the potiental to get very big.Im talking tree's.I remember your lat:wink:

Just be careful because they will be big and might get spotted.Tie them down.
Good luck..
<<ws>>

tokinjoe

Thanks Wolf

Where are you getting your moon and latitude charts bro?? Thanks for the tips. I had no idea how big these things are gonna get. I'll definately bend em then.

Origin: South Africa and California Type: F1 hybrid Composition: 12.5 % indica, 87.5% sativa - Positronics seedbank.

Very simple pedigree: its an F1 cross of two stable strains: durban poison and skunk (probably skunk#1). Its not the most potent strain ever, but it is nice. Durban gives a good flavour to this plant (durban has a slight taste of aniseed, coffee or liquorice), which grows slightly larger than average skunk (but can still be cropped at under 2ft easily), plant tends towards a bush (no single stem shit here), buds are firm, very resinous and pungent. Yield is lower than many indicas, but quite respectible compared to most sativas.

The reason for the cross was that durban is concidered by many to be a bitch to grow, with a resultant lower yield than ideal, so some of D's worst traits (height, yield, variation in high, hermaphrodite tendencies and cutting prob's) have been moderated by crossing to skunk.

I wouldn't grow it outside. If I liked skunky weed (purely a matter of personal taste), then this would be a plant I would grow first off, along with Kerala skunk (similar, but from southern india, slightly more trippy). I think on the hole, a good plant.

Flowering-Time: 8-10 weeks Environment: Fit for inside, outside, and greenhouse cultivation

Appearance: The plant has long, sticky buds and many branches

Smell/Taste: High, soft taste

Height: Medium tall

Yield: 200-500 gr.

Harvest-Time: 10 October
Information taken from cannagenetics

tokinjoe

I'm curious as to why you would not grow this one outside? If it finishes by Oct 10 or so I'm in good shape. We get our first frosts here around the second week of November.

here's a couple of pictures of durban x sk . these were freebie seeds from seedsdirect. Easy to grow and smelled like bug spray. it did herm at 7 weeks if ya look close you can see the bananas on the bud.

tokinjoe

Damn. Thats a beautiful bud bro. I hate that it hermed out on ya though. Any more pics of this strain?? BTW what did your crossdresser yield?

I got some sa durban x skunk 1 from a friend that got them as freebies from the cup. I was wondering if anyone else besides cannadragon has tried growing these out yet??? Trying to plan if these are going to go in my next grow or the third grow!!!
:smile: