What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Wonder [Rez]

G

Hi Boz,

1000 MH for veg. 1000 HPS for flower. Organic soil. Earth Juice nutes and micro-nutes. Supplemented with Superthrive and Cal-Mag Max.

G

Thats half the fun figuring out what beans to sprout next??
Yummy looking smoke there Elvis

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Spankin' Elvis- Hey bro, could you help me with some questions i have about EJ nutes? Do you know if they come with a PH buffer? Do you have to mix and let the nutes sit out over night?

gracias muchismo amigo,
bartender187

BOZWELL

Spankin' Elvis said:
Hi Boz,

1000 MH for veg. 1000 HPS for flower. Organic soil. Earth Juice nutes and micro-nutes. Supplemented with Superthrive and Cal-Mag Max.

so thats why your sour wonder look better than mine (it not fair! lol)
400w mh veg. 400w hps bloom. john innes no3 compost with 30-40% perlite. seaweed ,tomatoe food and abit of miricle grow from time to time

G

bartender187 said:
Spankin' Elvis- Hey bro, could you help me with some questions i have about EJ nutes? Do you know if they come with a PH buffer? Do you have to mix and let the nutes sit out over night?

gracias muchismo amigo,
bartender187

Hey bart. No PH buffer as far as I know. I have noted some swings in ph. It seems to do it at least once every grow. Always in veg so it has to be the "Grow" formula that's doing it. I've been working around it but I'm thinking of getting some PH Up and Down to keep it in line. I stick with the EJ cause I'm used to it and it seems to give the bud alot more flavor. Haven't tried letting it sit overnight. I'll give that a try and see what it does. I'll let you know the results.

BOZ,
Yeah, I used to use a couple of 400s. They did a good job, but of course, more is always better. Wish I could run about 10,000.....lol.....don't we all?

G

Nice report Elvis. I wondered how the Sour Wonder would turn out. I like the yeild and the plant strucure. Looks to be and easy plant to grow. The high like a perfect hybrid. Thanks for enlighting us on this strain. I have to get my haves on the new cross.

G

Neat report, I like that main bud, and the side buds look fat too :D I am thinking of getting in on one of the wonder crosses, maybe this will be it.

3legdog

Yea i am with Nate ^ these new genetics do look outstanding & are in my lil' grow/shows near future. Also congrats on such a nice plant Elvis looks like a keeper no doubt. I have a similar set-up (light wize) & also use many of the same products you do.

I wanted to pass on my experience with the EJ if ya dont mind buddy. I have been using their entire line for several years (on & off) & must say the benifits from letting it sit a few days &/or bubbling it are amazing. I wont even use the stuff until it starts to smell bad...usually sits 2 days then gets bubbled for 24-48 hrs' before i use it. I have used it both ways...right out of the bottle also & it is way too acidic to not adjust the ph..imho..even with the dolimitic lime in my soil to stabilize things. The EJ also make a fantastic ph adjuster...they had to..hehe..& it only requires 1/4tea. for 1 point p/h changes. This line of nuts. does have serious ph swings ..imo..& my ph goes from like 5 when i mix the stuff to around 7.0 after i bubble it a few days. Hope yaz dont mind me sharing Elvis take care & enjoy that great lookn' schmoke Peace out 3legs

G

Don't mind at all, 3legs. I found that very informative. I'll certainly put it to use.

The site I order my nutes from doesn't carry the EJ ph adjuster. Do you know where I can order some?

Thanks, bro.

3legdog

Yea mg s' got ya i bought mine at homeharvest but brian also carries it at mdhydro & has much better prices . It goes a long way these ph adj. crystals/powder
& is by far the best 'all natural' product i have ever found. Really Elvis if you let these nuts' sit the ph will eventually creep up to an acceptable range for your (3) main nuts. to uptake with feedings...that EJ adjuster is darn nice to have on hand though especially if your in a hurry sometimes. You have a nice evening Elvis i ll see ya around the boards Peace out 3legs

G

Thanks mastergrow. Thanks again, 3legs. I mixed some Bloom formula a few minutes ago.. Gonna take readings several times today and tomorrow.

RO water with nothing added: ph 5.91

With 1 1/4 TBSP of Bloom formula added: ph 3.35

I'll add readings to this post as I take them.

After 12 hours: ph 3.42

After 24 hours: ph 3.40

Last edited:

3legdog

I doubt seriously you will see any rise by tomorrow & sometimes it takes many days just sittn' to rise/stabilize to 6 or so. I am curious what your outcome will be as someone here said the EJ line is not stable so to speak & the formulas for batches could be different or something...i think it was wikicalibudgirl (sp). Anyway it does make me curious as to what you will come up with...Take care 3legs

These buds got a heavy EJ bloom diet late in flowering & they taste very herbal/earthn' which is exactly how this clone/strain taste... the EJ just enhanced it not created or added anything....my thoughts.

G

I use EJ and Pure Blend nutes along w/ Awesome Blossoms and Thrive Alive. I started w/ ProMix (Ph 7), and added a little aluminum sulphate (lowers soil Ph) along w/ blood and bone meal. I have not adjusted Ph since, or let my nute mixture "sit", and my soil Ph is about 6.6 in the 24th day of 12/12. I'm no chemist, but I fail to see how letting nute mixture sit, can raise it's Ph. I have spring water here w/ a Ph of 7, and that might be why my soil Ph is not too low. Nice buds Elvis & 3legs! I agree that using organic nutes does let the flavors shine through w/ minimal flushing. Good growing guys!

Sorry Elvis...seems we've drifted off topic :nono:

G

Awesome buds Elvis! I Gave a friend of mine a pack of those to start up that he just got goin a couple days ago, hope to be seeing somethin like this in my room soon too :D

"but I fail to see how letting nute mixture sit, can raise it's Ph"

different compounds break down at different rates, PH in hydro will drift up as time goes on..... light leaks algae and other things can all cause PH to rise, I can't speak for soil i suppose, but I'm sure there similar quirks in soil growing.

THC