What's new

Sour Kush

T

TribalSeeds

SOUR KUSH
Botanicare coco, not washed or charged. No perlite or hydroton
1 Tbsp EWC + 1 Tbsp Rooters Mycos sprinkled on the rockwool cubes and mixed into the cups
CNS17 5ml per g
6.0 70 degree
RH70%
T5
Nailed them with 3-1 and let them soak for a couple of hours after bringing them home before turning on the lights
DSC00756.jpg

Blumats on the way ftw!

T

TribalSeeds

Thanks! Im trying to keep it simple this time. Its going to be CNS17 with Silica for PH and some tea here and there, but thats it.
I dont know anything about Sour Kush. Has anyone ever grown this? Its supposed to be Larry X Sour D X Sage. Its not Headband.

T

TribalSeeds

I got it from a dispensary in Los Angeles that has a lot of Cali Connection strains. When I asked them about the genetics they told me it was Larry X Sage X Sour D. I dont know anything about the strain at all. Any info would be appreciated.
EDIT: Looks like they have a lot of the cletus cuts like Madman & Banana

Last edited:
she's a serious keeper brother...

she grows like pre 98 bubba but she branches easier, grows faster, and will stack... doesn't respond well to topping so keep that in mind(single cola ftw)

smell/taste: old school sage FUNK... unique as all hell in today's market, it has this refreshing quality on the exhale that ive never experienced before... i wish i could describe it better but my memory is hazy as far as the nitty gritty specifics go

bag appeal: 10/10, it has THAT look, you know where the trichomes have THAT sparkle and it encrusts the buds giving it that heavenly glow... easy to trim, dense nuggies

potency: i cant speak on potency cause i smoke 28+ grams a week so nothing can touch my tolerance but it's safe to say it's on the level of most elite's these days cause i got a gro bro who gave her(sour kush), her own light and he got 3200 for a pound

she's reminiscent to bubba in the sense that she looks ready at 8-9 weeks but most will want to wait 67-75 days just cause she's so dank and her lineage hints at you to let her go longer

T

TribalSeeds

Thanks for all the info. I was able to find a few grows once I knew the breeders name. Hopefully mine turns out as well as the Sour K nugs I saw. Thanks again!

T

TribalSeeds

I dont really like the way things have started out. I usually spend a bunch of time washing and pre-charging my coco. Its a lot of work and I have a pinched nerve in my back so I decided to try not treating it.
When I go to transplant I will rinse and charge the coco and Im also going to add some perlite. Usually my cups get sucked dry the first day after a transplant with new clones but these are still soaked.
There appears to be some damage from the 3-1. I waited about 4-5 hours before turning the light on while the plants were on the other side of the tent, so I guess Ill have to go back to 6 hrs of dark next time.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i almost killed my seedlings with a neem oil dip lol. and i thought neem was relatively safe. blumats are the shit. just dont put organics through them, im assuming you are direct feeding your teas and whatnot by hand and not through the lines. i ran some algen extract from house and garden and it clogged everything up. if you are gonna add slimy stuff just hand feed em once in a while and youre golden. if you have any q's about setting them up let me know. im by no means the master of blumats here but ive done several beautiful runs with them and have worked out all the kinks by now lol

T

TribalSeeds

Ive had a similar problem before with neem and thought I was safe with this stuff 4-5 hours later and the light at the top of the tent on the opposite side. I only have 4 of 8 bulbs in the 4ft T5 right now. Maybe I should of had more air moving... Im hoping that it was the 3-1 that caused the issues Im seeing. Thats why I would feel better if I had treated the coco prior to using it. I would atleast know it wasnt ph or salts or something. Although it seems a little too soon to have any of those problems.
The tea will be hand watered a couple of times during veg and bloom. Im sure after the blumats are set up hand watering every now and then wont be a big deal.
I had planned to fill the tent with 6 plants LST'd but since these are single cola type plants I think Im going to use my 1000W or just shove the 2 600's in the middle of the tent.
Anyone have any idea's of how to most efficiently use the 4x8 space with this strain? I also plan on putting a few plants into a 4x4 tent a couple of weeks into flower under these T5's.
The room is cooled with a mini split and I have a dehumidifier. Neither have kicked on yet. Im using a passive vent for now, no exhaust or intake. I also dont have supplemented co2. My room isnt totally sealed so Im not sure where Im going with that yet.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my tent is almost 5x5 and i run two 600's. with the tent door closed it gets hot in there so i leave it open. the central air cools the whole room which keeps the tent cool as well. over a 4x8 area i run 3 600's. i dont have any 1000w lights. never used em before but i know how warm my 600's get lol

T

TribalSeeds

I have a 6" fan dialed down on a speedster in the 4x8 pulling air through the tent and blowing it back out high into the room. The AC sensor probe is ran directly under my T5 and the AC is set to 78. So far so good in the room. Conditions have been within the perfect range 72-76 RH60-65% with the lights on.
All of these are Sour K clones. It looks like Im going to try the defoliation method on a couple of them. They clipped pieces of some of their leaves at the dispensary and those leaves dont look so hot after the spray. Maybe it was because they had issues already, Im not sure. They definitely needed to be sprayed down really good after bringing them home from that place.
Their clones used to be a lot more stretched out but looked much more healthy the last few times Ive been there. These roots werent exactly thriving either. I went through 3 trays of Sour Kush to find 6 plants that had enough root showing from the cubes.

i think you might of misunderstood what i meant by single cola/poor response to topping... while its a single cola plant it'll still respond well to LST(even if it takes a while to get going)... topping on the other hand will stall the fuck out of her aswell as encourage considerably smaller nuggage compared to if you just bent her over(which i suggest considering you only have 6 plants to fill a tent)

...defoliating the plant while she's young will really encourage branching, something to consider

T

TribalSeeds

Thanks again. I actually already started bending a few of the plants. I also took some of the lower newly forming branches off on a couple of them and had to remove a couple of leaves from already formed branches on a couple of the others.
These plants dont seem to be uptaking much water yet. Ill be drenching the leaves with a tea along with their next watering.
Theve been getting a couple of hours of dark per day. When it starts to get warmer outside I shut the lights off for a bit.

T

TribalSeeds

How long did you veg that plant? These seem to be growing really slow compared to the Sour D I just grew.

T

TribalSeeds

WOW, I had no idea! Every strain Ive ever grown was a huge bush after 3 weeks...
I wish I had gotten a faster vegging strain for the first run in here, then I could have thrown some Sour K into veg while I was flowering for two months.
Looks like Ill probably try taking some clones off of these girls right before flower then.
Thanks again for all the info you've given me on this strain. Cheers!

T

TribalSeeds

Ive been trying to keep it sour, but I was having all kinds of issues getting everything dialed in. Ill be moving again after this grow and hope to avoid the same mistakes I made this round.
These girls are still alive and theyre stinking up my place so bad. For those of you who have grown the sour, but havent had a chance to do so in a closed room with no filter running, you just havent lived life yet.
Ive switched to Aqua Flakes and couldnt be happier. No cal, no mag and no ph bs!

Week 4 12/12
H&G Flakes A&B + Silica
I have Hydroplex and Kool Bloom here
900ppm .5 Blumats
5.8 PH
75F
55-60%RH
500ppm co2
2012-09-01_01-43-04_812.jpg

2012-09-01_01-43-16_992.jpg

2012-09-01_01-42-19_663.jpg

2012-09-01_01-42-35_844.jpg

With all the problems Ive had I think theyre well developed for this stage in flower. Before I started this grow I was checking out a 600W Sour K grow on GC that seemed to go great and I think these plants are on the same flowering pace, but with more branches and less leaf. Theres plenty of frost and stank already!