What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Cruising right along at day 49...

picture.php

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I'm off the the grow store to pick up a LEC 630 to replace the 600MH in the veg area... I have done allot of reading on these lights. They put out the best spectrum of light, Less heat. There expensive so hopefully I'm not making a mistake but from all I have read I'm good choosing it to replace the 600mh...

at those sticker prices I'd be hanging that sucker above my flowers.

StoneyK

Veteran
So I thought the sdub wasn't a good yielder?
Treetroit yours look pretty nice certainly not what id call real small. R yours just ultra dialed??? Looks killer.
Im dyin to try a lil of this smoke,
This forum is such a bitchen spot! you see so many talented growers doing great things with so many strains only drawback is it makes ya wanna try em all for yourself!!!! Lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cruising right along at day 49...

View Image

View Image

Looks great, you should be getting that Sdubb aroma, She should be super sticky. I have had many that look great but not sticky to the touch. It's easy to tell from her aroma how she is gonna taste. I just got done trimin some it's always hard not to stop and smoke some mid trim.. sdubb looks like a big yielder but when all said and done the final tally for me is 4-5oz per plant. Veg time and pot size has little effect on that. 5g pot vs 20g smart pot I got the same yield.. I have never been able to get 8oz from her. If others are doing that that's great. More for all to get some.

at those sticker prices I'd be hanging that sucker above my flowers.

No, I use Gavita/E-PAP for my flower room. These ceramic light fixtures are expensive. That's typical for anything new and in low demand. If I ever choose to use it to flower with I can do that.

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
StoneyK I'm guessing the dubb must be light on the scales. We'll see in a few weeks to be sure but my girl certainly looks like she should go eight if there is any density at all. To me that means she could do 2.5 a light as I could easily fit ten under two lights.

Now she does veg very slow so I could see how she would not be considered a cash cropper but I'll be surprised if she doesn't yield for me. At least this time lol.

Going to start her on fresh water any day now and I'll keep updating this thread till she hits the scale.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
No, I use Gavita/E-PAP for my flower room. These ceramic light fixtures are expensive. That's typical for anything new and in low demand. Gavita will out yield these so unless you where adding them as supplemental not what I would pick as my main flowering light for the price..If I ever choose to use it to flower with I can do that with the 3100k bulbs.

I thought you were getting one of those plasma lamps. gavita recommends supplementing their DE HPS fixtures with the plasma IIRC.

CMH is a whole other story.

just curious to see how these lamps work out for the early adopters.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a Ceramic light. sun systems calls it LEC (LIGHT EMITTING CERAMIC).. I got it because of the heat issues I have out in my veg room. That was the main reason. It does have other benefits.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
StoneyK I'm guessing the dubb must be light on the scales. We'll see in a few weeks to be sure but my girl certainly looks like she should go eight if there is any density at all. To me that means she could do 2.5 a light as I could easily fit ten under two lights.

Now she does veg very slow so I could see how she would not be considered a cash cropper but I'll be surprised if she doesn't yield for me. At least this time lol.

Going to start her on fresh water any day now and I'll keep updating this thread till she hits the scale.

she was always missing the weight once it hit the scale for me. if she was capable of yielding well, it would have been the most desirable cut around in the last 8 or so years, beyond growers headstash level. dub shrinks like nothing I've ever seen when it gets chopped...

but that flav! top 3 in flavor hands down for me; right there with OG, and Sour D, but sweeter than both.

Pendleton

NYCD crosses seem to do that as well. Hugely swollen calyx during growth, but the second they get cut they shrivel down so much you wonder wtf went wrong.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CHM and LEC are different animals... arc tubes made from different materials and all...

Philips Elite 315W T12 Ceramic Metal Halide Lamp 4200k is a propagation, vegetative spectrum lamp designed for maximum efficiency. This Philips CMH can be used with the Sun System LEC Ceramic MH 120 and 240v fixture

I have spoken to those using CMH. They are using the same bulbs that are in LEC fixture.. I don't see how they can be different?.. Thses are the bulbs that are advertised as CMH. These are the bulbs I use.

http://growershouse.com/philips-mastercolour-cdm-tmw-elite-315w-942-lamp-4200-k

If you mean form factor there not different other than how there made. They do have CMH in Mogul base. Mine is PGZ

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Nice treetroit
I hate to do this again, but I've ran dub since it hit my valley. 2010 maybe.
I get great yields with it. Very dense almost always unless I screw up(1x lol)
It should nearly get hard as cookies if not as hard it weighs up.
It's about structure. I find they like to retain the lead cola most, so pinch many times instead of topping. My main stem has about 4-5 fat knuckles going up it. It's now a fairly level bush only the lowest 4-5 branches near the medium didn't become dominant
Keep nitrogen up during the stretch. It stacks tighter with bi weekly veg nutes for 3 weeks. maybe More sites or just closer together than when I just hook the res up n rock flower schedule
My last run was 3x 2.5gal coco pots @ 14.5 chunky zips when done. 1/3 a light. I had 9 plants that light. The dub saved the plot. Raz was the rest and I only got 12 zips from 6 unusual but screwed the totAl
She likes fed hard and super cropping is best advise. Well established is a good idea too. It's not a pot up and flip type of lady.

Nice flowers everyone. My dub in bloom now is nice except I snapped off 4 main tops when putting under net. Damn damn damn lol. Had to happen cuz in veg was just perfect.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Dubb does not have dense flowers. There not airy but not dense. Both Subrob and GS say yield is not great. They have ran it more than anyone has. Something is not right.

Am I reading that right. you got 14.5oz from 9 plants? or 14.5 from 3 plant?. if its the later that's 4.8oz. that's about right. I guess it depends on what we call good yields. I don't consider any that don't produce 8+oz per plant as good yielding.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
sir's been running her damn near every run since I've known him, and he has grown more dub than anyone that I know...and I know you wouldn't front on yield- you're just more of the exception than the rule! lol there must be just something that you're doing that the rest of us are missing since you manage to coax yield out of the cookies as well!

it was never cookie dense for me either, and even when on the plant I thought I'd be looking at a decent pull, the extreme shrinkage deflated those hopes like a tom brady pigskin.

pf- he said 1/3 of the light was dubb, so 3 of 9 yielded that for him and the 6 raspberries only did 12oz so dubs averaged a little over 3.5 zps from 2.5 gal of coco, raspberries under same light averaged 2 zips...if I read it right...26.5z/1k total

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol I'm a bit confused the way its wrote. If he got 3.5oz per plant that's about right as well. I can't get anymore than 4-5oz from a plant no matter what I do. I would agree the dubb is not GSC dense. GSC is a good example of dense flowers my dubb is not like that. I'm pretty confident I'm running a real cut. You never know maybe I'm running sour Diesel with the same terpene profile.