What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Came down tonight at day 60 after a week on plain water. Will update with final numbers when it's dry.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I found an s1 that's as close to the original that you could hope to get. I will grow this 1 a few more times to see if I can get her to yield better. This is the s1#3.. she doesn't have the Variegation issue so I don't need to foliar feed her.:)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey hammer,

how did that Dubb x Querkle smell and taste... i dont know that I caught your opinion.?

it looked super bomb.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#9 is weak in the Aroma dept. She is super potent taste like hash to me. Not a commercial yielder. I get about 4oz per plant. I retired #9 that's the 1 everyone has seen. # 85 in flower now after that I'm gonna put this cross away for now. I have many others to look through. From what I have grown and what the test growers are getting there good to go..

Sdubb s1#6 is also very good but has the variegation issue. It got passed in the seed. I don't need another one like that so she will be retired after these are done. I'm keeping #3 for now.

RulaTone

Veteran
#9 is weak in the Aroma dept. She is super potent taste like hash to me. Not a commercial yielder. I get about 4oz per plant. I retired #9 that's the 1 everyone has seen. # 85 in flower now after that I'm gonna put this cross away for now. I have many others to look through. From what I have grown and what the test growers are getting there good to go..

Sdubb s1#6 is also very good but has the variegation issue. It got passed in the seed. I don't need another one like that so she will be retired after these are done. I'm keeping #3 for now.

how many Sdubb s1 seeds you went trough for this first inspection?
i think i have missed how many are testing

thanks for keeping us uploaded, and the efforts you put in..
#3 is nice, is she close to mom in the taste?

from what i read is a real unique kinda taste, you guys made me jelous...
but interestingly you describe her not limey, and not sour...whats then?

did you ever play with Adub?
do you think she holds Sourdubb traits?

thanks

oceangrownkush

Veteran

thanks

I grew out Adub couple years back. She's very unlike her mother. Grows lanky and fast / explosive, where Sour Dub is squat and thick, takes her time getting throwing branches.. Adub is a stronger stone than Sour Dub, bigger nugs, denser, better yielding for sure, but she also has no flavor compared to Sdub. Adub tastes like a slight / earthy / hash from what I've sampled. Almost no nostril sting, and the smell from the bag is very disappointing.

Cannavore

Veteran
i think this ds x sd is carrying some dubb traits... she smells like sprite and pinesol with a creamy back end. first pic is the clone, the rest are from the seed run all same plant.

G1YvfgP.jpg

ESrUYu6.jpg

7cvI3nL.jpg

2dBpqF5.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thanks

I went through 4 sets of 10. I have many more to look through later. Yes #3 is close to Mama. I need anthers Opinion he will be sampling her soon. I cant describe the flav/Aroma. I'm sure others can give you that info. Never grew Adubb but herd she is not as good. A-Dub is listed as (Sour Dubble x Alien Dog) If true then she should have Sdubbs traits but wont have the same terpene profile. That's what makes her so special.

SourDank

Veteran
That S1 #3 is on point PF, looking extra delicious and frosty.

Cannavore the DSxSD is looking flame too, you guys are killin it.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Going to chime in finally on the smell and say that to me she smells like fresh grated ginger. I get this smell early on with the glue as well. The glue turns to mocha though where my Dubb retained the nose. At least for me...ymmv

RulaTone

Veteran
thanks all for answering my many questions...

i hope there will be a realese of SourDubble s1 anywhere in the future,
i have Adub x Aliendog from Franchise but i think i will never see sourdub traits there.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
3rd pic...AMAZING! consistently killing it PF!

that angle always makes things look so good...it's almost like taking pictures of slammed cars lol

Cannavore

Veteran
Going to chime in finally on the smell and say that to me she smells like fresh grated ginger. I get this smell early on with the glue as well. The glue turns to mocha though where my Dubb retained the nose. At least for me...ymmv

to me ginger smells like pinesol or some kind of bathroom cleaner if you smell hard enough