What's new

Sour Diesel BX 2.5 on the way!

teddynugent

Getting There........

Getting There........

I'm finally just about ready to crack these seeds. I'll finally have enough money to finish my box up when I get my disability check. It should have been here last week, so I'd imagine it should be here soon. I'm so excited. I've been saving little by little for 6+ months to get everything I need for this box. It's been real hard scraping up any money to put towards this box. Most of the materials/equipment I've collected so far have been free or close to it. I would love to buy all new stuff but there's no way I can. My disablilty checks don't even cover half my bills. I don't care though, I'm using my next check to finish this box up. I havn't been able to spend any money on myself since I injured myself over 6 months ago.

I probably would have had this box done a few weeks ago but there's been a whole bunch of shit going on lately. I don't feel like getting into it. Let's just say that it's been a real fu**ed up past few weeks.

Filter XP- Did you germ your seeds yet? I'm guessing that you didn't cause I havn;t seen a thread on it or anything. When do you plan on starting yours up? Please let me know how things are going on your end.

I actually could have cracked mine the day I got em. I have more than enough equipment etc. laying around here. I just don't want to germ them until they have a nice home to go in. Like I said before, I am expecting real good things from this strain and I dont want to start things until I have everything set up right. I want these plants to have the best environment that I can possibly provide for them. That way, the plants will have a much better chance at reaching their full potential.

Well, my offer still stands(from the above post). I would like to know what you guys think are the best dimentions for growing 10, 15 and 20 plants in a box. I need enough room to grow at least 10 plants from start to finish, with enough room for the plants to grow side branches (I like growing bushes). So, if anyone can tell me what size box I would need to grow 10 plants, 15 plants and 20 plants in, with enough room for side branching, I will give you 20 seeds of the SD bx 2.5 when they are ready. I am looking for an answer from someone who has experience and has grown that many plants in a box or similar set-up, but any information/help would be good. Like I said above, I can figure out the dimentions myself but would still like to hear from someone who has some experience with small scale grows. Plus, I figure this is a good way to start figuring out who will get free seeds.

Oh ya, I FINALLY have a digital camera at my house now! It's technically not mine, but I will be able to use it whenever I like. So no more trying to borrow a digi cam from a friend every time I want to take a picture.
The new digi-cam is pretty nice too. It's a 3.2 megapixel camera and has some pretty cool features. The one that I always borowed from my friend wasn't even 1 megapixel. It was like 600,000 pixels or something like that LOL. If you look at my gallery on OG you can tell....Anyway, I'm pretty damn happy. New ccamera, new grow box soon and a new kick-ass strain to put in it. Oh, I also got to meet the KottonMouth Kings the other day and a couple of them(I won't name names) wanted to buy bags of my Blitz, which is really a whole nother story. I take that as a compliment because the weed they were smoking was out of this world. I thought it was way better than my Blitz but they didn't so that cool I guess. The last few days were just a really nice change of pace from the very shitty past few weeks.

I should hopefully be germing those seeds within a week. I'm just waiting for this slow ass disability check to get here. I'll take some pictures of everything when I get the stuff to finish it.
Oh, filter xp- Let me know when you'll be ready to germ(if you havn't allready), because I would still really like to start our seeds at the same time. I want to see the difference in growth between hydro and soil. I think it would be interesting to see them growing in hydro and soil at the same age. It's the next best thing to a side-by-side grow.
If anyone else has these seeds now(I believe they are available) and wants to do basically the same thing me and filter are going to do let me know. It would be really cool if we could get more people to alls tart their seeds at the same time. It would be like growing this strain from seed 10 times in a row in a way. We would get to see how it grows in different mediums with different nutrients, lights, environments and styles of growing. It would sure as hell help us figure out how to best grow this plant and with all the combined information, the next time you grew the plant it would probably come out amazing. I dunno, I'm just baked and rambling here. Let me know if anyone is interested though.

G

Those plants are YOURS. :)
Give 'em to med clubs,trade 'em,incross 'em,outcross 'em....
I'd PREFER that you don't sell 'f2s',but I can't stop that from happening.

Keep me posted,guys!

teddynugent

Thanks for dropping in though Rez. I have no intentions on selling any of those seeds. I never sell my seeds. I will be giving free seeds away to select people and will hopefully get some different strains in return but that's it. I actually have a quick question for ya. I am ready to cut the wood I have for the box so I finally have to decide what dimentions I will go with.
I was just wondering about how many square feet of space do the Sour Diesel's need to grow if left un-trained? Do they grow into bushes or stay more columnar(spelling?)? How would you suggest growing them(like the training method)? Also, about how many sq.ft. do you usually give your plants to grow?

Can anyone recommend how many sq.ft in general I should give plants to grow? I think I might build the box 6ft.x4ft. It would be used for veg and bloom this time around and then strictly for the flowering cycle after that.

The way I figured it is this- If I give the plants 1 square foot, I can fit 24 plants in a 6x4 box. I would only put 20 and position them so they'd have a bit more room.
If I gave them 18" (1.5 square feet) to grow, I could fit 12 plants, with a 6 inch space between the 3 rows. I have drawings but could not get them to attach. Which do you think I should go with? I know it's kinda a dumb question, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of space I want and need to grow the bushier style plants like I usually do. This will be the smalest space that I've ever grown in from start to finish, so this is kind of new to me. I've never had to plan out the amount of space each plant will have to grow in.

I'm still waiting for my check, but I plan to start cutting and assembling the box hopefully over this weekend. I hope to have it ready to run by next weekend. I'm open to any suggestions and ideas.

Thanks,

-Teddy