What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel BX 2.5 on the way!

teddynugent

Hey all,

I will be recieving some seeds of Rezdog's new Sour Diesel BX 2.5 in about 2 weeks give or take.

Rezdog had read one of my posts where I stated that I was on disability and couldn't afford much of anything as far as seeds went (hell, I can barely pay my damn bills on disability). After reading this, he sent me a PM saying that he was going to send me some mail. Now, I didn't even ask him for seeds or anything like that. He just seen that I was unable to afford them, and sent me the PM. Now that's some cool shit. He's sending me free seeds that are worth at least $85-$90, probably more. I don't know of anyone really that would send out free seeds without even being asked. Needless to say, I'm excited as hell to get these babies in the ground.

As soon as the seeds get here, I'll be starting a grow thread. I can't wait to see how these plants turn out. I've read nothing but good things about his Sour Diesel BX 1.5. Everyone couldn't say enough about how great a strain it was and how potent the smoke is. So, I can only imagine what the Sour Diesel BX 2.5 is going to be like.

Rez- Thanks again for sending me these seeds. I really appreciate it. I get to grow a strain that I've been drooling over since I seen the first pictures. I would have had to wait a good long time to grow this strain because of my money issues. Now I get to grow it in 2 weeks! So, once again thank you.

I'll keep everyone updated,

-Teddy

friendlyfriend

Veteran
DON"T FORGET ABOUT BOG!

DON"T FORGET ABOUT BOG!

Teddy I'm on the same boat as you and my guardian angel is BOG. He has taken care of me soo well and hasnt asked for much in return. The heart of these breeders is incredible to say the least. And through this website i have been able to make some really nice aqquaintances. It feels horrible to sit at home and not be able to toke but when some1 like BOG (or in your case REZ) comes and helps us out it makes a world of difference. From the bottom of my heart I salute you!:D These are just testaments to the great work that the moderators of this site have put in to make this a complete success. I am looking forward to growing some great beans with an awesome story of human kindness to go with it. Now in three months or four Ill be toking again.... Hopefully catch the end of the summer! I keep you all posted :) and again I thank BOG and REZ for all their sweetfriendlyness!

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
thats very cool teddynugent

i think i seen your posts on OG and i seen how Rezdog took care of you.
not that i can afford his seeds my self but you is one that deserves them. i usually get a friend to put in on a pack and we split it in half. thats one way to get the good seeds and not pay the big bucks. well i hope you get them soon

peace

HC.

O.G.

props to the kind hearted generous peeps, you all know who you are and what you all do for all the diff. coummunitys! :D

PALM

Great to hear of good things happening! We need more of this in the community! Goodluck with the Sour Diesel Bx2.5, cant wait until REZ's new line is released end of May!!!

Sour Cheers!

filter xp

Hey Teddy,

Special thanks to Rez, I'm gettin the same batch of Sour Diesel bx 2.5.

Me and another member on icmag are getting everything setup for our summer grow. Considering we are the BETA ppl, I think it would be great for us to compare grows and get a nice log put together for Rez and future Sour Diesel 2.5x growers.

As of now our plan is 3 separate 4' x 4' 1000w HPS scrogs. I'm a hydro guy, my partner is soil, but I think we are goin hydro for the active grows and keep our mothers in soil.

Let me know if youre interested, we can get a sweet thread started up.

Talk to ya soon.

budMASTERmoose

hey Teddynugent

hey Teddynugent

I'm glad to see that their are still breeders who love what they do more then the coin they profit off it. teddynugent to cure what ales you this link might help in times of need. if you now about this website, I'll say sorry ahead of time. I'm also intrested in what you think of this website as i have only poped in from time to time.

MOOSE :D

teddynugent

Ya, I love treatingyourself.com. It's a great site. Marco(he runs it) is the man. He gives away soooo much free stuff, and a lot of the money comes out of his pocket. It's a great site for med users, especially if you are in canada. He gives away a free ounce of weed every month to med users. I am not sure if he would send it outside of CA though. He also gives away packages of nutrients, vaporizers, all sorts of seeds and a bunch of other stuff too. Anyway, it's a very cool site run by a very generous man.

filter xp- I'd love to combine our threads. It will be nice to talk to someone growing the same strain at the same time. The SourD might even turn out better because of that. If you or I find something that the plant lovesor hates, we'll be able to share the info. I can't wait to get these seeds in the ground. I've been getting everything ready. I still have some more stuff to get though. I'm still deciding what medium I want to use to grow. I'm kind of leaning more towards soil now since you are going hydro. I havn't done an indoor soil grow in a while either. I love the taste you get from the soil. Plus, then we can compare and see which medium the strain likes better. Let me know when you get your seeds and feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss anything else.

teddynugent

I got my seeds today! That seemed real quick. I wasn't expecting them for about a week or so still. It was definitely a nice surprise when I came home though. They were in my mailbox when I got home from physical therapy, which was nice cause I'm usually not in a very good mood after therapy and that cheered me right up.

I recieved 13 seeds :D I just have to finish up my growbox now and decide what medium I'm going to grow the plants in. I plan on starting them by I'd say Friday the latest. I'm thinking that I might actually try and soak them tonight and put them in the towels tomorrow. I need to get some distilled or RO water first though. I just have to get a ride to one of my friends houses. I don't think I have any 5 gallon buckets around anymore, so I might have to go and buy some of those first so I have something to put the water in. Maybe I'll just borrow the RO machine and fill a 55 gallon garbage can. I figure It'd be cheaper than buying a bunch of 5 gallon buckets. I was going to buy another RO machine (mine disappeared:( ) but it's kinda looking like I won't be able to afford it any time soon, so I'll just stick to using one of my friends for now.

I still have some more equipment to buy. Here's what I have left to purchase:

- 1 HPS light (leaning towards a 430wt. w/the Horti bulb)
- exhaust and intake fans
- Bigger pots for late veg and bloom & more dirt (if I go soil)
- Nutrients (thinking about trying Advanced Nutrients)
- PH pen

That's about it besides the little nit-picky shit.

Here's what I have allready:

- Lots of wood a friend is giving me (So I can make my box as big as I want to now :D)
- 1 400wt. MH
- 12 or so 40wt. 4ft. flouros (mostly daylight, and cool white with a few warm white mixed in for full spectrum)
- Smaller peat pots (not sure if I spelled that right)
- Some nutrients (enough for the first month give or take)
- Soil (I have ProMix and FoxFarms, along with perlite, earthworm castings and blood/bone meal)
- PPM meter
- Cheap PH test kit along with PH up and down

I'm sure I have some more stuff laying around too.

I will start themin water for half a day, then into the towels and when they show their taproots, I will put them into the peat pots with a combo of promix, foxfarms, perlite and a tiny bit of earthworm castings and blood or bone meal. I'll wait until they show roots out the bottom of the peat pots, then I will transplant. I transplant a minimum of 3 times, but it's usually more like 5 times. I let them get just a little root-bound before I transplant each time. Then when they hit the next size pot they take off. Plus, the more you transplant the bigger the root system gets and the bigger the root system, the bigger the plants and buds are. I'll keep them under 10-12 flouros for the first 2-3 weeks(give or take). Then I'll add the 400MH and keep the flouros going also. About a week or so before they are ready to go into bloom, I'll add the HPS to the MH and flouros. I;m still deciding on what kind of HPS I want. Either the 430 or a 600wt. It really depends on the size I make the box. I want at least 50wts./sq.ft.

If anyone has any sggestions for me, please share. I would like to get 2 HPS lights for veg. but I am not sure if I can aford to buy 2 at this time. I've grown using both MH and HPS for bloom before and had very good results, so if I cannot get another HPS it's not really that big a deal.

I'll post some pics as soon as there's something to post a picture of.

filter xp- Did you get your seeds yet? Let me know when you do.

Thanks all and make sure to keep an eye on this thread cause I am expecting great things from this strain, and from the people I've talked to that have grown the first Sour Diesel BX1.5 I don't think I'm going to be disapponted.

Thanks,

-Teddy

G

The beta shipping's always quick,thank my girlie :thumbsup:

Hint:Save money:Buy a pH test kit that uses liquid test fluids and a test tube (GenHydro makes one or a fish tank setup that measures from 4.0-9.0 or thereabouts) for $15.00,
digi's suck,always f'ing up....

You WILL see great things,I assure you.

Keep me posted on the grow,I'm always interested! :)

Cheers!

B

baccas125

hey teddy

hey teddy

It is good to see that people are trying to help each other here at ICMAG:D

teddynugent

Hey Rez. I allready have one of those test kits, but I figured that a digital one would be more accurate. I'll just take your word for it and save the $100 that I didn't have to spend anyways(a friend is helping with some of the cost cause I can't aford it all on disability unless I sold some of my equipment or something). Oh, and I'm sure I'll see great things too and will keep you updated for sure. See, that's the other thing that I love about getting these seeds from you. You are right here to talk to whenever I need to. If I have a problem all I have to do is send you a PM and wait like an hour for the answer. Hell, I've gotten PM's answering my question in minutes before. The list is getting smaller now. I don't need anything to get them going. I'm set for about the first month I'd say at least. I just want to finish the box to keep them in. I don't want no problems and if they are in my box, I can control every aspect of the environment. I don't like doing things half-assed cause you end up with half-assed results.

baccas125- It's great to see people helping each other(especially in this case;) ). Trust me though, I will repay the favor. I will be passing out free seeds as soon as I get them made. Not the Sour diesel seeds though, that's Rez's job. I'll have some interesting seeds coming in the future though. If there's anything I can do for you Rez, just let me know. I come across some interesting seeds here and there. I'm expecting some seeds from Panama probably around fall. I have an uncle that travels around the world. He'll get a job for a couple weeks, save some money and buy a plane ticket somewhere else. I think he's been on every continent but Australia. He's only sent me seeds a couple times, but he's now going to be searching and sending me seeds from everywhere he can. We worked out a little plan so we'll see what happens.

Anyway.....I'm getting off topic here. Hopefully soon I should have some pictures to show you guys.

Oh ya baccas125, I was thinking about the whole free seed thing. I think that it should be a rule that if you get free seeds you should have to send a pack of free seeds to at least one other person. Wouldn't that be cool?

Actually, I'd like to start a thread for a free seeds giveaway type of thing. I would start it out with my Ak-Cindy seeds. Maybe send them to 10 people. The 10 people that recieved them would have to send seeds to 3 other people. The 3 people who got the seeds from 1 of the 10 people whould have to send seeds to another 3 people and so on and so on. If everyone who recieved them were honest and sent out the seeds, eventually everyone on this site would get at least a pack of free seeds. What do you guys think? Do you think people would actually do it?

-Teddy

Last edited:
Teddy u lukcy man...
You are gonna be growing what is in my opinion the best weed money buy, human can grow....do it well and u will be a living legend for the type of herbs u sprinkle on those around you...

pH

filter xp

Hey Teddy, I got my 13 seeds on 5/10...9 days ahead of schedule! Thanks again Rez. Within the week we should be good to go, I'll probably start germinating this weekend, put the seedlings in the aero cloner by Monday until they have a nice tap root. Then into the aerospring they go.

I am in the middle of building a new aerospring system for this grow. 16 Plant, 30 gal reservoir, GH Nutes Lucas Formula w/2 tbsp Epsom salts. I have to order more nutes either way, but I'd like to go organic for this grow. Problem is I dont know the formulas for Pure Blend and all those, and I'd rather not fuck something up on the SD 2.5x.

I still have to order a new ppm pen, probably a new pH one as well. Although recent discussion of the liquid pH tests have got me leaning towards them. These wont prevent me from starting though, I can keep things pretty stable following known formulas/techniques.

Ahh what else. We are in a nice sealed environment, dayton exhaust, dual 1kw SunAgros, dual 4' x 4' SCRoGs (one 16 plant aerospring per 1k scrog). I will have more detailed information, prolly some pictures when this all gets moving. I'm hoping within the next week.

Talk to ya soon

G

Teddy,
If you want to give away BX 2.5 incrossed or outcrossed,feel free.
Lonestar f2'd the DSDs and gave away a bunch,I'm okay with it.
I'm always happy to address questions in threads,just bring something I need to address that's out of my forum to my attention,I don't roll through every forum,every day.

teddynugent

purplehazer- Thanks for the nice words. I hope your right! I am expecting great things from this stuff though(I've said that like 50 times now)....

filter xp- It's looking like I'll be germinating this weekend also. I can't wait, how about you? This is my first grow since I've been injured ( Dec.28th:( which is almost 5 months now). When I hurt myself, I had 60 or 70 beautiful Super Silver Haze plants going. I couldn't get to them to water though and they all died. Plus, I had just finished setting up my grow room too. The aeroflo was all ready to go. I built a big old enclosed room for it too. :mad: Honestly though, when I had first injured myself tht was the last thing on my mind. All I was really thinking about was the 24/7 pain. I was seeing stars for a damn month. I tell ya though, when it came to be march, missing out on that harvest was driving me crazy. All I could think about was how much damn weed I would have had sitting in front of me then. I'm sure it didn't help that I was totally broke and didn't have any pot for a while. It still bugs me a bit, but now that I have these seeds and am about to start a new grow (with better plants) I don't really care that much.
I didn't know that you were growing aeroponically filter xp. Now you got me wishing that I had somewhere to put one of mine. Aeroponics is my absolute favorite way to grow. The plants grow on there like jack and the beanstalk. If you have everything tuned in right on the aero, you can literally watch the damn plants grow. Oh well, I'll be using my aeroflo by the end of fall/beginning of winter the latest.

Speaking of aeroponics, I have 2 or 3 extra General Hydroponics Aeroflo2 60's. I am looking to get rid of at least 2 of them. Kind of a fund-raiser, ya know? If anyone is interested, let me know. I will cut a good deal. They go for over $1000 with tax if bought locally, and they go for about the same online because of shipping etc. I will sell one for $500 total. That includes shipping. I'll sell one for $400 not including the shipping. If interested, PM me.

Rezdog- As long as you don't mind, I'd love to pass out some seeds. I just would have kinda felt like a dick. I mean you sent me the seeds free of charge, so I didn't want to be taking away your business, ya know? Allthough, me passing out seeds won't even make a dent in your business I'm sure. If I would have bought your seeds, it would have been different. As long as you cool with it though, I'll be passing out seeds for sure.

purplehazer- A pack of seeds is all yours when they're ready. That is if you want them :p
Anyone else interested in free seeds(or a trade), just send me a PM. Not much point in doing it yet. Just keep an eye on the grow thread, and when you see the plants ready for harvest, start sending me the PM's. I'll do it on a first come, first serve basis until they are all gone.

Well, thanks all for checking out this thread.

-Teddy

BTW filter, how are you cracking your seeds? Send me a PM or post here when you are going to germ. I would like to start at the exact same time as you. I want to compare the speed of growth etc. between us. I'm also curious to see if the aero-cloner is faster at rooting seeds. I had a friend root some clones in the aero-cloner once. At the same time he was rooting clones for me, I rooted some of the same clones at my house in rockwool cubes and a humidome. Mine were rooted faster with a bigger root mass than the one's my friend rooted. I think he screwed up though, that's why I'm curious to compare our results. Anyway, let me know when your germing so I can do the same.

filter xp

Hey Teddy,

I CANNOT wait to get these things germinated and going. I love sour diesel too much...when its actually around commercially i pay $400/oz for it, and thats considered a deal from usual $600/oz. Mmmm i wish i could taste it right now.

Whats even better is knowing that barely anybody has even smoked this new sour diesel yet, and it can only be better!

Sorry to hear about your last grow, this one will go on without a problem I'm sure, and the finished product will be priceless.

Yea I dont think i mentioned aero before the last post, usually I grow 3 monsters at a time in 5 gal hydro DWC due to room restrictions but more space was allotted this time so I was able to go through with the aero system I was planning. Where do the roots hang in those Aeroflo systems by the way? If they have to stay inside those tubes it doesnt seem like they would be given enough room to grow, I'm curious to see.

I will PM you the exact day I start germinating, I'd like to get everything built before i start. But to germinate I use standard paper towel method until I have enough of a cotyledon where the plant can support itself in the aero clone tubes. I have had great success with aero cloning techniques, it will definetly be cool to compare everything.

Rez - how do you feel about sending out SD 2.5 clones? I have had several requests but I have declined due to its selective status right now. I've been getting quite the rare strain swaps for it, it would be sweet to send em out to some people. If you'd rather me not for now, I totally understand as have the people I had to respectfully decline ;)

Hopefully I'll have some f2 seeds for people at the end of the harvest.

Talk to ya soon.

teddynugent

filter xp- Ya, the roots stay in the tubes. They basically fill the whole damn tube by the end. That's the only thing I don't like about the Aero. You get a HUGE root mass, but all the plants roots grow together, making it hard to move the plants. You usually can't even pull the net pot out once the roots get established, unless you cut the roots. Trust me though, the roots have more than enough room to grow!

Oh ya, I forgot to tell you guys the good news I got yesterday. I don't know if you remember or not, but in one of my posts above I was trying to decide what watt light to buy. I was debating over getting a new 430wt. or 600wt. light. Well, I talked to one of my buddies yesterday and he's going to sell me the 430wt. light that he has for $100 and I don't have to pay him until after I harvest! It's a pretty damn nice light too. The ballast is newer, but the reflector he is giving me is a bit older. It's one of those reflectors that has the chrome-looking insert, if that makes any sense. It's a large reflector that has a chrome-finished U-shaped removable insert that reflects the light. Do you guys know what I am talking about? I really don't know how else to explain it. The reflector still has a pretty nice light spread, except on the edges. I think that I'm just going to buy a new reflector for it. I'm happy with the deal I'm getting on it though.

So, for lighting, I'm going to run:

-one 430wt. HPS(w/the hortilux bulb, unless someone knows a better bulb. From what I've read, the Horti is the best)
-one 400wt. MH(w/the AgroSun bulb, again unless someone knows of a better one)
-all 12 4ft. flouros for most of veg. Maybe throughout the grow. I'm still finishing the design of the box as far as flouro lighting goes. I might mount Compact Flourescent's flush in all 4 sides of the box. Or I might buy those Vanity Strip Lights you see in bathrooms, and mount them on all 4 sides of the box. I would mount them so the bulbs were horizontal and would place them on a pulley system so they could slide up and down. I'm really not sure yet on the flouro setup. All I know is there's going to be a good amount of flouros in the box.

I also have a 50wt. HID light sitting around. It needs a cord with a plug attached and I'd have to get a bulb. I can get bulbs for free though(a friend can grab em from his work). The light was free and I'm not sure whether it's a MH or HPS. It doesn't say anywhere on the light/ I'll have to post a piture of it. Then, maybe one of you guys can tell me what it is.

So, that's basically my lighting plan for now. I might end up buying another HPS light for this grow. If I did, it would be a 600wt.HPS and would take the place of the 400MH, that is unless I could get all 3 inside the box :D. We shall see........

One last question. I am going to be cutting and assembling all the wood for my box within the next couple days. I was planning on going with a 6ft. x 4ft. box. I want to make sure that I have more than enough room for at least 10 plants, but I would like to be able to grow 15 to 20 without space issues. 20 plants would be ideal. What size box do you think I'd need to grow 10 plants, 15 plants and 20 plants. I assume 6x4 is enough for 10? But how about 15 and 20? I don't want to have to grow SOG either. I'd like to be able to grow semi-bushy plants. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and the first 3 people that can give me specific answers on how much room I'll need, like how many sq.ft. of grow space per plant etc. or any other answer that can prove to me that the plants will fit in the dimentions you suggest, I will give you guys a free pack of the Sour Diesel BX 2.5 F2 seeds I make(when they are ready). If you give me a really detailed answer, I'll give you 20 seeds instead of 10. Please no guesses though. I am looking for accurate info. If you don't know, don't worry cause if you want seeds, I'm sure that you'll still get them(when I make seeds, I make lots)

Thanks,

-Teddy

P.S.- I'm able to figure out the dimentions I'd need by myself and will check the dimentions that are suggested before I build. But, I figure that this is a good way to start giving away these seeds. Plus, I figure that some of you guys have allready built boxes that can hold 10,15 and 20 plants that are tried and proven. I don't have experience with building and using a grow box. The smallest space that I've ever grown in was a whole bedroom. I mean, I've started clones and vegged plants in closets, but they usually never stay in that small of a space for more than a couple/few weeks. Well, thanks in advance for any help and sorry for all my long posts. It seems like I always get to rambling about something, huh?

Latest posts

Latest posts