What's new

Sour 60 - 100% Germ rate - First Grow of Autos

Just a little update on the germ issue that is quite promising.. I kept on every couple weeks trying to germ some more and slowly but sure I started getting higher rates.. It turns out that my batch just seem to need more time to cure/age/whatever the term is after harvesting.. I also noticed that they seem to germ better with the paper towel method vs. floating them in a cup.. Historically I've done 100s of beans always using cup method and have always had 90%+ germ rates but these don't seem to like that method at all.. I just dropped like 200 of them in a paper towel like 3 days ago and in 48 hours probably 100 of them have popped with more coming every day.. Many more than I really wanted since I was really just hoping for like 10% germ rate.. One other thing to note is I put some beans in like 25 cups of soil a few weeks ago and none of them sprouting within a week.. I kept on watering them just for kicks and slowly I probably got 10 of those 25 cups to pop just sitting out on my deck.. So I really think it was just them being too fresh when I started trying to sow them..

So anyway, I don't know if this is just my particular batch that's different, or maybe auto strains act different, but I thought I'd throw these tips out there in case others run into something similar.. I'm about 5-6 weeks out now from the time i harvested them and they are much more eager to pop than from 2 weeks out..

BB

Latest posts

Latest posts