What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sooooo looking forward to the end of Prohibition in the USA

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty ironic that Douglas starts a thread about how he wants everyone in Cali to vote yes on 64 and put up with tons more bureaucracy then what we have to deal with now.. Because we are somehow the tipping point for everyone else . But on a personal level Douglas is complaining about having to take a piss test ? Double standard much? So its ok for us to need permits and inspections but you have a hard time with even just the piss test for employment. I wont take a piss test myself... and im not voting yes on 64

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The sooner everyone has the minimal rights for growing and possessing their own, the quicker all this bullshit goes away.

Legalization is the only way to get the true information to the masses. Right now they're a huge mass if ignorance. Ignorance is the problem, not all these silly legislation hurdles we're dealing with now. With education comes sane legislation.

Yes, eventually legalization will lead to the least restrictions and getting tested for cannabis will go the way of the dodo bird.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Pretty ironic that Douglas starts a thread about how he wants everyone in Cali to vote yes on 64 and put up with tons more bureaucracy then what we have to deal with now.. Because we are somehow the tipping point for everyone else . But on a personal level Douglas is complaining about having to take a piss test ? Double standard much? So its ok for us to need permits and inspections but you have a hard time with even just the piss test for employment. I wont take a piss test myself... and im not voting yes on 64

if i'm not mistaken, Californians (that have real jobs, not just grow pot) have to take piss tests too if their employer says so. does this not bother you? permits & inspections are part & parcel of doing business in the real world, having to piss in a cup to try & support your family should NOT be...

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nope wont take one

nope wont take one

if i'm not mistaken, Californians (that have real jobs, not just grow pot) have to take piss tests too if their employer says so. does this not bother you? permits & inspections are part & parcel of doing business in the real world, having to piss in a cup to try & support your family should NOT be...

Im a carpenter that works for himself. I wont take a piss test. Want someone to take a piss test get someone else to build your structure. Im not buying into it. Ive had a real job all my life and paid taxes every year since i turned 18 ... so yea i guess ive had a real job for close to 50 years.. but im not taking piss test. Pretty soon Ill go on social security and stay home and just grow pot :) Hopefully you will have a job so your taxes can help pay my way :)

brown_thumb

I was civil service for nearly a quarter century and was required to take drug tests as requested by management or command. No one ever asked any of us civilians in all that time to take any tests. Drug testing for soldiers was fairly frequent though.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Im a carpenter that works for himself. I wont take a piss test. Want someone to take a piss test get someone else to build your structure. Im not buying into it. Ive had a real job all my life and paid taxes every year since i turned 18 ... so yea i guess ive had a real job for close to 50 years.. but im not taking piss test. Pretty soon Ill go on social security and stay home and just grow pot :) Hopefully you will have a job so your taxes can help pay my way :)

have worked since i was 15, started out sweeping floors in a bowling alley, emptying trash etc. so, you have never worked for anyone besides yourself that could put the screws to you? i wish life was that easy for everyone. the majority of people in this country work for someone else...i will be working until i die, since my entire retirement nest egg went away when our lovely bankers nearly imploded the whole fucking worlds financial system. so, don't worry, i got yer back even if you won't watch mine...:tiphat:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure Ive worked for others that could put the screws to me. But ive worked hard over the years to avoid that situation and not have anything to do with that type of setup. Yes ive had to sacrifice at times ... sometimes taking a lower paying job rather then submit to bullshit piss test. But we choose our joy and design our sorrow. You want to take a job because the pay means more to you then your own freedom of choice .. well then thats on you .. ive sacrificed so I wouldnt have to be put on someone elses chess board. I for one dont think its fair for ppl to ask Californians to give up what we have when you still have plenty of work to do in your own political arena.... be the change you want to see happen.

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
hanger.jpg

Piss tests do not work, I worked with a guy that was prescribed oxycontin and took it twice a day.
He would nod off while tied off now and then, I would have to yell to wake him up
My general foreman was taking 2-4 percocet every day just to get by due to extreme pain and some guys made fun of him because he was drooling all the time.
Scaffolding is a very physical job.

I smoked weed during off work hours.
I got tossed for a dirty piss test.
Who would you want to work 300 ft in the air with someone legally drugged to sleep or a guy who smokes after work hours.
Piss test do not work to get unsafe workers off the job!
Piss test are used to keep insurance rates down!

studpecker

Until someone wins in a court of law against an employer by proving existence of metabolites in urine isn't proof of being under the influence but rather only proof of prior use the tests will continue and result in the loss of jobs. I support legalization and losing a job for use when not at work is unacceptable but I also believe use while working is unacceptable. Focus needs to be on labor laws that require proof of use while on the job not on past personal use.

nickman

Veteran
View Image

Piss tests do not work, I worked with a guy that was prescribed oxycontin and took it twice a day.
He would nod off while tied off now and then, I would have to yell to wake him up
My general foreman was taking 2-4 percocet every day just to get by due to extreme pain and some guys made fun of him because he was drooling all the time.
Scaffolding is a very physical job.

I smoked weed during off work hours.
I got tossed for a dirty piss test.
Who would you want to work 300 ft in the air with someone legally drugged to sleep or a guy who smokes after work hours.
Piss test do not work to get unsafe workers off the job!
Piss test are used to keep insurance rates down!

I agree with u ...

I have worked scaffolding crews in Florida when I lived down there about ten years ago...

I wAs fired from my job for pissing dirty for weed... It was a good job too... I smoked after work - never during work hours , but these other guys can legally take Percocet ... It's not right... Now I'm looks for another job to take care of my family but really don't want to have to deal with random piss tests and all that ... I know most jobs u gotta do a piss test to get the job ... I'm good with that but not all the ransoms like at my LAST JOB...

I don't drink or take drugs ... I just like to smoke weed after work ...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I agree with u ...

I have worked scaffolding crews in Florida when I lived down there about ten years ago...

I wAs fired from my job for pissing dirty for weed... It was a good job too... I smoked after work - never during work hours , but these other guys can legally take Percocet ... It's not right... Now I'm looks for another job to take care of my family but really don't want to have to deal with random piss tests and all that ... I know most jobs u gotta do a piss test to get the job ... I'm good with that but not all the ransoms like at my LAST JOB...

I don't drink or take drugs ... I just like to smoke weed after work ...

jobs dealing with safety are the only ones random drug tests may be needed on. BUT...they still do not need to be piss tests which only show use going back over a month or more in some cases. after i get hired & prove i can do the job, i am okay with the oral swab tests on my way in the gate to see if i an high RIGHT NOW. otherwise, i want to be left the fuck alone...:tiphat:

Nichead

Though... I've never been tested for alcohol for or at a job. I've been tested for illegal drugs in a few, prescreened to get the job a couple times... Never been tested for alcohol though... I likes my alcohol too, especially when I was younger.

I am in the group that believes marijuana doesn't effect performance, but even so... I've never been tested for alcohol at or for a job. Maybe something to do with how easy it is to spot a drunk person vs a high person, because alcohol effects performance and marijuana does not. Notwithstanding, it would be crazy to prescreen for alcohol, that shit is legal! Weed is legal here and they still test for it. One place told me that testing positive means you are still high, comparing a positive thc employee to a drunk employee. You'd think nobody voted for it the way people act. Long way to go still.