What's new

Solids Autopot Adventure

Solidopc

The 2 '98 black doms x ww are both germed and potted into pre-autopot pots. High hopes for these two. Smoke from the last one i tried was really good.

No pics today, cant get in the tent right now and cant even find camera battery. Bloody TD#1 still taking over, coming along abit, but looks like she is real haze heavy and will go a min of 11 weeks o rekon. TD#2 just pisses me off, its like some runt plant, even though it flowerers faster than #1, the whole thing just looks wrong, and i cant see it producing fat, dense buds. #1 will be the better no matter what i think, but if i could turn back time, id never have bought them. Must be some cut that won the cannabis cup, but these two aint nowhere near it.

Anyway, good news is, i have my mystery cutting, which is allmost ready to give me cuttings, and go into an autopot. The ppp x lemon skunk is growing fast too, but i think will just get a regular pot, as i want the other 2 autopots for the black doms x ww.

Solidopc

Update time. Plasnts coming along now.

First up TD#1, still a huge bush, taking over the grow room. Starting to smell a little piney now at day 36. Still looks like its going to take an age to fully flower though.

picture.php

picture.php

Next up, of course, TD#2, which though being a sickly looking plant allround, is actually smelling very nice now at 28 days. Definate orange aroma present, with piney haze background. Now i cursed these plants alot, but if this #2 one can produce nice sized buds, and the smell keeps coming, it should be very nice indeed. Hopefully should be done quicker than #1, as it flowers faster.

picture.php

picture.php

Next up, the exo x nl at day 30 or so. Allways a good 'en. But not in autopots like the 2 TD's.

picture.php

picture.php

And some good news, today i received 8 of cheeseys the white s1, aka nightmare kush. Stuck them into root riots, along with some cuts from my mystery cutting, which from the looks of it and smell of it, should be great. I rekon the dude that gave me this cutting is gonna be guttedf when he sees the bud i get from her, think he dropped a clanger and gave me a corker by mistake.

Here's a shot of the mystery plant. Some fucked up growth as cut was taken in flower, but good strong short internodes, nice kushy leafs, and great smell.

picture.php

Next up a pic of my 2 '98 black domina x whitewidows, just germed.

picture.php

And a shot of my powerplant x lemonskunk bagseed here.

picture.php

And finally, a shot of the prop, with my nmkush and mystery plant in.

picture.php

So things going along nicely here i guess. Filled the tank right up today. EC - 1.63, PH - 5.71. Adding pk 13/14 now too.

I also took the two aquavalves out of the autopots and cleaned them, as there was some minor salt build up on them. It came off easily and once dried out, i can stick them bqck tomorrow.

One thing that did concern me, was i found a little clump of roots growing out from the bottom of the TD#1 pot. This shouldnt happen due to the black pad inside the pot, and the blsack/gold one in the tray. They are meant to stop any medium or roots getting out and perhaps into the aquavalves. I promptly cut them all off and cleaned up.

So, basically, only need to fill my tank with the 2 plants on it, plus feeding the other 3 plants out of it with a can, every 7-9 days, which is ALOT less watering that i used to have to do. Which is great, what i wanted. Seems like its just a question of keeping an eye on the autopots to make sure the valves stay clean and away from anything that could block them.

Cheers all. Solid.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I've only used the other brand of autopots, but they also have a permanent root blocking shield/pad thingie. Like yours I had to keep an eye on the valves as even with the root blockers the roots got out of the pots a little.

nice update, fun watching your grow

Solidopc

Must spread some rep about before i can give it to stonedar again.

Cheers mate, aye, it does seem like something to keep an eye on. It's only happening on the extremely huge, near 6 foot tree that is TD#1. It#s such a vigourous plant, i kind of wasnt suprised it had found a way out, but that will just be kept an eye on now, as will all of them.

Some dude on a forum somewhere advised me to have spare aquavales to swap round half way through the grow. I was going to immediately replace the aquavales with new ones from my unused pots, and then used the cleaned ones after, but decided the plants could go 1 night without their aquavalve, as they have plenty of water, and i'll replace the same ones tomorrow, but throughly cleaned.

Good job i put taps on my feed lines, or it would have been alot more difficult, lol.

Solidopc

Here's a couple of pictures of the poorly grown, early pulled mystery plant. My mate gave me some earlier as it was dry now and i didnt have no puff. It's a really smooth smoke, so nice on the throat, and pleasent on the tongue. Not huge ammounts of resin or too densely packed, but that can be rectified with some care and letting her go the distance.

I had a choice of this or bbcheese, and said id rather have this all day, as the bbcheese wasd equally as badly grown, and i find the taste of bbcheese way to overpowering and earthy, makes me wanna stub it out after half a j cos i dont like the taste. This is much more to my liking.

picture.php

picture.php

D

dramamine

Hey Solidopc, I've got a Tangerine Dream around that same age...fits the description of your #1. Massive stretch and slow to build flowers. But here's hoping she'll make good for both of us, eh? Best wishes to ya!

Oh, and I'll add that if I had harvested seeds as white and premature as these were, I wouldn't even've kept them....anyhoos

Solidopc

My seeds looked fine and germed fine. I'd read alot of bad germ reports with the tangerine dream, but all the B|F seeds i did buy look fine, none white or immature.

Solidopc

Just potted up the bagseed ppp x ls into an autopot, as it smells so great and was ready for a new pot. Topped her above the 5th node the other day, and have taken 6 cuttings from the bottom. Hopefully she'll be a great yielder and not too slow.

And by-the-by, pretty chuffed, as i was putting the cuttings into the propergator, i noticed 2 of my nightmare kush had rooted. Was told they were not the easiest to root, so happy with that. Bit of a prob though, ive the two black dom x white widow to go in my last two autopots, but also want to put the nmk in one or two.

Does the nmk need a long veg? About how much will it stretch during flowering? If it needs a decent veg, i will be able to use the autopots that the exo x nl are currently in when they come out in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing the indicas in autopots, as only the TD's been in them properly so far, and they seem to like it.

Will get some pics when i can. Peace.

Solidopc

Update - Tangerine dream is one of the shittest strains ive ever grown. Dont even think about going there.

Onto better things, exo x nl, here are some pics of one at day 46 -

picture.php

picture.php

Here's one i choped today, at day 53. Much sweeter smelling and tasting early chop. I can smell strawberries in amogst the stench. Really nice as allways.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Solidopc

Right! Hold the dam press, i got a frontpage story! Mega thanks to the man who lets the fairies out. Today, i got a few new cuttings! I allready got all my nightmare kush rooted, and today, got 2 cuts of each of these (unrooted, so fingers crossed).

Purple Kush
DNA Original Diesel
ECSD cc cut
Pyschosis x SD
Goldfinger ( malawi gold x flo )
Lonestars Killaqueen

Super chuffed to have all of them, particulary the killaqueen, pk and diesels. Never tried any of them. Hope to god i can root them. Wish me luck!

S

speedemon

Lol the faireys allowed you to have one of the closely guarded Killer Queen cuts fair play to you mate it will not be long now until a few of us have it. I have it on my list as well so will see what you make of it.

Solidopc

i believe you may have the chem D cut, not ecsd (cc cut).
(i know which one i would rather have, D all the way!)

Are you sure dude? I might have misread the c d, as cc d and assumed it was the diesel. Well, gotta say, i'd rather have the chem d too, so would be even happier if that is how the chips fell. Let me know for sure if ya can mate, so i can reblabel them.

Speeddemon - Yea man, i am mega lucky to have my hands on the killaqueen. Wasn't sure if i was gonna be able to have it, but thanks to those who make these descions, it was probably the cutting i wanted most out of all of them after seeing cheeseys grows of it. Though i seen some killa grows of chem d too. Knowing my luck i wont root any of them, lol, and look like a right prat, but even if i can just root the kq, chem d and pk ill be a very happy boy.

1love to the realest people who make these things happen, your kindness blows a normal dude like me away. Inlakesh.

Edit: 4got to add, just potted up one of cheeseys nightmare kush into an autopot, fitted with airdome, hope she likes it in there. Also potted one of the black domina x whitewidow into an autopot. Picked the normal looking one, the other one has no growing tip, just a leaf, and the node below is where the two shoots are coming from. Real weird looking plant, so left that as it is for now. So its going to be bagseed powerplant x lemonskunk, nightmare kush and bd x ww into flower in that order i think next. Then, hopefully, the next lot in will be the cuttings i just received. Might have to drop my old lady the exo x nl to make way for all these, but she been a good friend for a few years, time to move on.

r1rider

I`m glad that i gave away the TD that ended up in my room now, it came to me as a suprise and to be honest i had no room at the inn.
The fairy has really treated you well, and shame you might have to lose the exo x nl to make room, so all the best with them.

r1

Scrogerman

Veteran
N1 Solid, thats quite an arsenal of tastey strains you got there man, lookin forward to seeing them perform in the Autopots for ya!

G'Luck!

Solidopc

R1ider - Yea, you made a good call getting rid of the TD, my two are just taking up room, and aint going to yield any solid buds, just airy sativa like running buds, that smell average. If they weren't a couple of weeks away from the chop, i defo would throw them away. I really want to get the pp x ls, bd x ww and nmk into flower, but wont do until those two are gone, cos they screw my canopy too badly. Goit the exo x nl proppped up on allsorts to get near the light. I'd not recommened it to anyone, and its put me off BF a bit, not sure i want to run the sweetooth and vanilla kush i have from them now, seems like id be better off running the gh slh and my white label pp instead.

Solidopc

Yurrgh! Doesnt sound too good. Mine havnt hermied that i have noticed. Yet. I'll keep an eye out for them, and i dont think i'll be buying anything from BF again.

Anyone grown their sweetooth or VK and thought they were OK?

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I wouldnt even worry about those pal look wot you just recieved you will not have to buy any seeds for a long time lol u got da creme de la creme of weed man

peace