What's new

Solids Autopot Adventure

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when you took a pH reading did you turn off the airstone?

I notice when I take a pH reading, if I'm moving around the meter, or I have a airstone in the res, I can't get a accurate reading

BIGGS

Veteran
looking good so far solid mate. really interested in this system. as i'm looking for a system i can leave running and only need to check once or twice a week. and this looks like it could be the one.

Solidopc

when you took a pH reading did you turn off the airstone?

I notice when I take a pH reading, if I'm moving around the meter, or I have a airstone in the res, I can't get a accurate reading

Aye, i allways turn off the airball when adding more water or checking ec/ph.

Solidopc

Thinking of doing something i aint done for a few years, and popping some regular beans. I have this way old pack of "breeders collection" from the vaults of dr.chronic from when ***** was my home and still going. I tried a few and got some immense smelling males and a very fast sativa which i am sure was c99 mixed with something or maybe just f2's. I think there are like 6-8 beans left, only regs i kept myself, and i kind of like the idea of not knowing what the hell strain/cross is going to come popping out of a 4 year old bag of mixed seeds.

Was gonna be doing some clones, but will be putting that off for the time being, so think i might aswell go through these. Other option is to do more fems, got vanilla kush, sweettooth, grapefruit, power plant, whitefire, sweet afghani, moham rahm, psicodelicia and super lemon haze.

Which option would you guys go for?

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I recommend you send me the whitefire, they are no good I'll dispose of them for you.

seriously though, I can also see the appeal of mixed breeders packs. It's fun not knowing what you will get. my next grow I plan to pop my Magical Mystery Mix Fem (freebies from Gypsy)

Solidopc

Aye, these were freebies too, but after all the shit i read about some of the best elite cuts coming from bagseed or accidental crosses, it kind of makes looking into shit like that more appealing. Some 1offs to be had surely, just want that stunning unique 1off! peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Id say Whitefire,Sweet-tooth & the S.A(D?), i see you have a few SS's selections. Av you taken clips of the Tangerines or you just gonna re-veg if they turn out real nice?

G'Luck man, dont forget the Pic updates bro!

Tomatoesonly

I don't understand how salt build up isn't an issue with these.

How does a person know the PH and EC of the each small res. under the pots?

They would both have to be in constant flux. The EC seems like it would just keep building up and up.

Must work somehow, because there are pics all over of huge plants growing in those things.

Managed to get some new pictures uploaded, so here are the pics. In the res tank - canna a+b, headmasta, drip clean, ec 1.64, ph 5.75

First up is the exo x nl at day 19, soon to be 20.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the tangerine dream #1. Got to be some a5 haze or g13/haze heavy pheno, as it's also at allmost day 20, and though i think stretch has just about stopped, buds aint appearing yet.

She a really nice looking plant, and very vigourous, just looking a long one, plus i've had to tie her down, she'sover 4 foot now, while tangerine dream #2 is only about 3 if that.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is tangerine dream #2, perhaps a g13 heavy pheno, as both plants were the same size when they went in, allthough she hasn't been in aslong, its obvious she wont be getting much taller and even looks closer to starting to bud!. Bit of a creeper, looks a bit thin branched and sickly most her life, but is starting to look alot better and come into her own. She smells alot like oranges, definate orange smell. Not orange smell on #1, just funky. Allways have high hopes for plants, but have only ever found 2 worth keeping in 5 years and one i didnt the clone and the other was such a fast flowerer she was so hard to clone i lost her after only 2 runs. Maybe this time, who knows, would love to find something special, dont care where it comes from.

picture.php

picture.php
im so taged
:tiphat:

Solidopc

I don't understand how salt build up isn't an issue with these.

How does a person know the PH and EC of the each small res. under the pots?

They would both have to be in constant flux. The EC seems like it would just keep building up and up.

Must work somehow, because there are pics all over of huge plants growing in those things.

I wouldn't call it a res under each pot. The aquavalve allows a maximum of 20mm to fill in the tray, barely higher than the bottom of the pot. So it's sucked up pretty quick, I've not noticed any salt buildup as of yet, but if i do, its as simple as taking the pot out, and just washing the tray.

Flushing is where i am going to be a bit more confused. Do i bottom feed them still just with plain water? Or do you have to top water to flush? Or is just the plant drinking nothing but plain ph'd water for a couple of weeks enough. Will be one thing to test out this first grow and see how the lie of the land is. Hopefully, they will be great, just bottom fed plain water, if not, i'll just top flush from my plain water res when i need to.

Tomatoesonly

I wouldn't call it a res under each pot. The aquavalve allows a maximum of 20mm to fill in the tray, barely higher than the bottom of the pot. So it's sucked up pretty quick, I've not noticed any salt buildup as of yet, but if i do, its as simple as taking the pot out, and just washing the tray.

Flushing is where i am going to be a bit more confused. Do i bottom feed them still just with plain water? Or do you have to top water to flush? Or is just the plant drinking nothing but plain ph'd water for a couple of weeks enough. Will be one thing to test out this first grow and see how the lie of the land is. Hopefully, they will be great, just bottom fed plain water, if not, i'll just top flush from my plain water res when i need to.

It only works if you can get to your plants easily and they aren't tied up or manipulated.

Solidopc

Nah, not at all man, you're creating problems where there are none. It's as easy of lifting the plant up a few inches, tied or not it will be cool, i got yoyos, and just set it on the floor of growroom and take tray to wash it. That's if i even get salt build up. I'm all for pre-emptive thinking, but let's not get pedantic about minor hyperthetical isses.

Tomatoesonly

I'm sorry, but one plant in a cabinet is completely different than 15-20 large 5 footers in a single one door space. Wading through 20 full grown flowering plants is just about impossible, esp. if you use screens or other supports.

So knowing the PH and EC that the roots are exposed to is very important.

Solidopc

Different setups will require different methods aye, for sure. Pretty sure things will be cool for me, i have plenty of room to get about and move things, the autopots are all on seperate lines and can be individually moved in/out/around the grow area. All the best.

Solidopc

Update for the week. Getting a bit fed up with the tangerine dreams, td#1 is literally taking over my tent, she is haze to fuck, but smells really planty and greeny, not nice at all. She is literally a few inches off being as tall as me from bottom of pot to top buds, and i'm 6 foot 1 inch. Making it difficult to get the canopy even is an understatement, and i've supercropped some branches while she been flowering to get them coming under the light. Nice fat nubs where i did that, and i been checking for balls and aint seen any, so all good on that front.

She is a total monster, and is starting to bud, but i dunno if she is gunna yield alot, probably be some hazy, airy buds. Just hoping they at least improve in scent during flower. And hope she dont take too long, cos i dont want a plant this tall in my tent for long, fucking up my shit.

Here she is, the slag. Potted up a cutting of her just incase tonight. She's in an autopot, which could account for some of the extra massive growth, but who knows. I've had to tie a yoyo round her just to keep her branches from covering my nelly cheeses and other td. It's day 27 for her today, and she aint far along, so i'm afraid i will have her for at least another 50 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next up is TD#2, which smells alot better, but is a very spindly branched plant, and not pleasing on the eye at all. Can't really say it's g13 inclined, even though it is budding alot earlier at 18 days, and has been for a few days, because i was under the impression g13 was a strong, vigourous plant, which this is not. To be totally frank, not that impressed so far with the tangerine dreams, but it is all about the smokes, and i hopefully i got rid of the worst of the barneys farm first, with vanilla kush, and sweettooth to go.

Here she is, this is a side branch, and see what i mean, nothing to look at at all, and thin branches compared to the other, which at least has huge vigour, though this one has a orangey scent when rubbed. So potted up a cut of her to, just incase aswell.

picture.php

And finally, thank god i have my trusty old nelly cheese, never lets me down, even if the two td's are total crap, at least i got 3 exo x nl's to yield me loads of top shelf, rock hard funk buds.

Due to my own stupidity, none of the exo x nl are in workable autopots, but they still will yield like hell, and never let you down. This one is in a regular pot of coco/perlite, day 27, being fed coco a+b and headmasta.

picture.php

picture.php

Potted up another two cuts of these, which will get the proper autopot treatment next time. Not decided what to put into the other two autopots yet. Not sure i wanna put my bagseed pppxls or mystery plant in them/

Edit: Just kind of spontaineously ordered another 3 autopots, as i like them so much, and everything runs so smooth. Seemed the right thing to do as i was picking up more coco, coco nutes and cx regen and headmasta anyway. lol. Now i got 7 alltogether. So can have 2 or 3 in veg while the rest are in flower, and keep my perpetual grow going perfectly. Knowing where i order them from, they wont be that long either, so i decided, that i'd pop two more fems.

Not really amused with BF, so decided to go back to sweetseed gear, which is allways good. These were my last two of probably my 1st or 2nd favoueite sweetseed cross, the sweet afghani x white widow aka moham rahm. Last time i ran it it wasn't a big yielder and didnt stretch too much, but was a fantastic plant, allmost blue in colour, and covered in resin, even on the fan leafs. Nothing like cheesys nm kush, but good nonetheless, lol. Realy musky sweet smell and smoke. A cross good enough to find a mum in i rekon if you're lucky to find that extra special one.

I will let one of my other two plants in veg have the 3rd new autopot. Probably the mystery plant, which i like the look and smell of. The ppp x lemon skunk was an accidental cross from a gh lemon skunk that hermied late in flower in my mates grow. The power plant it pollenated was amazing though, only reason i thought it worth the space, but dont want to give it an autopot, and it hermies on me, so let mystery plant have it and hope for the best.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Ive never been impressed by barneys to date, i was hoping different this time though, with the Cup win for TD. Seems nothing changed, but i hope things turn around for you man. Its billed as a 10wker anyway is it man? IIRC!(that means 12wk? sometimes)
Your NLCheese on the other hand look fantastic, id luv to run her myself sometime in the near future. Still toying with the idea of Autopots myself, you must be impressed buying more.
G'Luck with it bro!

i'm on my 3rd grow with a twin autopot under a 400w.Coco A+B canna boost and pk13/14 and i dont think i'll ever change.

my cam sucks ;)

Attachments

• 15042011213.jpg
    15042011213.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 13

Solidopc

Just done the weekly res tank fill and ph/ec. Shit is so easy these days, nothing else to do till next week now bar keeping eyes.

I rekon mixin a res tank is easier thsn mixing a watering can too. Easier to stir, and nutes are in large enough quantities, i can use a measuring jug for most.

Just added the first lot of pk 13/14 to this res tank. It's week 4 for the TD and one of the exo x nl. Never used a different pk boost from my old monster bloom, so hopung this lives up to expectations.

Plant growth is great though. Even the mrs, who has no interest in any of it beyond smoking it, commented how lovely looking, big and healthy the plants appeaered, while she was cleaning in the growroom. So if she can notice, its definately working. Can't wait for my new 3 to arrive.

Got to get my blackdom x whitewidows in them before my son kills them. He had the propergator out earlier again, and tipped most of the stuff, then when i went to the tent later, i found one of the veg plants and two cuttings placed in there by him, lol. He thinks he starting to flower his own plants allready. Good eye, he picked 2 nelly cheese and the mystery plant. lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts