What's new

solar water pump for guerilla grows

G

guest123

theres a few things to follow there mr celcius from memory ,, u cant let the charge on your battery go down too far ,, it takes longer to recharge ... just check the amps per hour on what u are running vs what your battery holds and try not to take more than half your battery power before charging .. most of the folks at those solar places are pretty helpful ..
ps ,, deep cycle batteries are really really heavy ,, lol ...

G

guest123

i use a sprinkler hindu killer , one of those low pressure ones ,,
i have used drip feed too ,, but i used the pump to fill a dam and gravity fed from there .. its best not to restrict those 12 volt pumps as they use more power then ...
not sure ,, u may be able to see the sprinkler in the pic ....

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Asked because I was wonder how i should do it. Probably just flood my plots good every couple weeks! thx for the info, been dreaming / thinking on this since last fall.

G

guest123

yea i like the flooding idea too hk ,, deep watering works best ..
i was debating about making trenches this year instead of individual holes ,, trenches are easier to feed and flood .....

G

thats a sick pump wally, mind giving us the break down on what is needed and has to be done to set one of those systems up?

G

guest123

sure sniper ,, its pretty easy really ,, always pays to talk to the solar people u will get the battery and panel about how much power u will need to run your setup .. and just set up your solar panel and 12 volt battery in a good place to maximize output ,, and either run a lead to your battery at the pump ,, or move the battery to the pump ..
nicest to have the system so u can run the pump from the battery and still get it charged though through the solar panel ...
as i mentioned the pump will pump water quite a distance , but the further it has to pump , the more battery power it will use ..
just take it a step at a time and itll all work out as u go ...
the feeling of having a hose with running water at the gunja patch is fantastic ...

Doesn't the Solar Panel's reflect a bit much out in the middle of nowhere? It seems if the sun hit that right it could be seen for miles away from the Air???

:badday:

G

guest123

well i put it on its side , not directly up where air traffic might see ,, it still gets the major amount of sun it needs ...

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Wanted to ask if you'd tried other pumps..and if this is the best you've found to date?? Im sure your yields increased aswell once you started using the pump???

G

guest123

Hindu Killer said:
Wanted to ask if you'd tried other pumps..and if this is the best you've found to date?? Im sure your yields increased aswell once you started using the pump???
i had a look around ,, this one seemed best value for money , and small , compact and pretty powerful ,, only limit is your battery power really ... there are ones that have more pressure ,, ones that pump more volume etc etc ...
folks would be best to think carefully about what they need before purchase ...

yeild increase ,, wow ,, outa site mate .. more than triple .....

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Hear that my Brothers...more than tripled his yields! So 3 seasons of toteing water...or one pumping it...hhhmmmm. Wally you Rock bro!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I'm stoned but that idea seems pretty smart to me.

Looking at the specific solar pump though, the motor isn't very strong and can only pump a height of .6 meters. Anything other than a plot significantly down hill of where it is placed I would think it would have a hard time pumping. So you might need something more heavy duty.

Bugg

[youtubeif]bzaInlFVq0s[/youtubeif]

hawaiibudz

I run the Flojet® Automatic Water Pump - 2.9 GPM it cost about $50 shipped on amazon or ebay

I use (2) 50W panels and a single old car battery with a cobra cpi880 $30 inverter.

This setup waters to over 2000sft of greenhouses and does the photoperiod lighting for vegging plants.