What's new

Soil VS Hydro : Just not the same?!?!?!?

Flux451

I am completely new to organics...

I am merely hoping to stir come interest here.

Currently I can see myself effortlessly switching into premaid hydrogranic mixes (or sure, I could experiment to make fertilizer myself but with the res application it would be extremely impractical)

So anyways, say you are simply the best... calling ALL the stops, is organic hydro still not as complete of a healthy medium to produce pristine nuggets? Or is the move from unnatural decompositions enough to justify it???

If any interest is here I will return with more research/cost/time etc.....

:hotbounce iThanks! :greenstars:

Motta-Tokka

Heh? Whats the question here?

Are you able to dial in your nutes better with hydro? Yes

Beneficial Bacterias can help break down unused nutes just like in soil.

It rocks but it does take a totally different approach. I have never completed a grow in dirt because it was too much of a pain for me. So to each their own.

Low pressure aero and rdwc has been fine for me so far.

Hope this helps.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only organic hydro i would consider to give high quality nugs would be aquaponics. best of both worlds.

Flux451

Organic Soil vs Production - Quality vs Quanity???

Organic Soil vs Production - Quality vs Quanity???

Yeah, namely mycorrhizal and trichoderma? Also chelaters like humic acids and such?

I am just curious as to is the real "sweetness" is accomplished thru dirt alone?

It seems the price difference between say, Fox Farm Organic and Canna Coco Coir is not THAT far apart unless you get coco in blocks to save more for condensed coir... also - it may require more work but individualy buying the parts for your own soil mix would surely save cash, and with time probably better nutes.

Is it not feasible to do 30 plants indoors in organic soil?
How much longer to mix/compost/feed etc.....

I guess the formulas are endless however,

-If not premixed then transplanting/soil prep is something extra
-If in soil they need a lighter nutrient schedule, and less frequent watering, that’s a plus I suppose.
-With a proper set up, an all natural pest/disease defense regiment shouldn’t be too hard

HOW MUCH SLOWER ARE NUTRIENT UPTAKES/VEGGING/FLOWERING in ORGANICS???

I.E Could I grow the same plants - half hydro, say GH nutes, and the other half organic mix, compost tea/foliar application and expect them to coincide with veg/flower photoperiod maturity and be able to cycle in the same room?

THANKS AGAIN :ying::dance013::ying:

Flux451

Thanks jaykush

Thanks jaykush

I will look into that and I'll check your profile, I assume that’s from an soil growth perspective which I duly appreciate, and ads to your already good Ethos in this community

By the way - I really dig both your quotes, we need biodynamic awareness and (off topic) some humane birth/population control (or new consciousness) and then everything should work out fine right! :smoke out:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont have any posts about aquaponics, just know a few people who do it and there herb is fan-fucking-tastic. and 100% self sustainable. plus they get fish to eat along with there nugs :)

guyhowdy

i dont have any posts about aquaponics, just know a few people who do it and there herb is fan-fucking-tastic. and 100% self sustainable. plus they get fish to eat along with there nugs :)

Hey jaykush, I've never heard of aquaponics before, but googled it after reading your post. Thanks buddy, that's some real eye-opening info on sustainability. Having rainbow trout and healthy plants working together, I'm lovin it!

Flux451

Yup

Yup

Very neat, it reminds me much of the algae facility concepts for bio-diesel production. (WHICH SOUNDS KICK ASS)

Basically a stacked parking structure design growing levels of 90% oil content algae far faster then bamboo or anything, from the reuse of even human excrement or other currently dumped chemical wastes, for fuel. (Perhaps old hydro chemicals)

If one does no have space for a greenhouse, we will need to see if peoples rooms / cabs are providing sufficient filtration, synthesis and beneficial microbes to really get peaking in a say 10x11" feet biosphere

Thanks for the Tip :tiphat:

Flux451

Yup, I hear what your saying JapanFreakier, inorganic from organics vs. chems... ok.

Well besides jaykush who spoke of some experience and a further system, I cant say this is has opened many exhilarating synapses but thanks for your rebound
:dunno:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
"So is organic hydroponics possible? So far the answer is uncertain. Organic substances by their very nature need to be alive and have the ability to combine with other organic elements in order to function at their best. Soil microbiology and organic elements combine together in a living explosion of decomposition, magically working together to create new life forms. Water alone cannot provide this function. There needs to be a basis for the catalyst to happen in order to create the active micro life necessary for organic plant health and growth. Organic substances left in water are not able to be stabilized, nor are they able to catalyze with each other. After a time they will deteriorate and even become stagnant and harmful to the plant. Guanos and fish products especially become very noxious smelling and difficult to deal with. Try it and see for yourself, but remember you have been warned here first!"

This is from the people who write for Maximum yield, bottom line there is no such thing as organic hydro.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I.E Could I grow the same plants - half hydro, say GH nutes, and the other half organic mix, compost tea/foliar application and expect them to coincide with veg/flower photoperiod maturity and be able to cycle in the same room?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Same flower time but the veg time would be different if you expect to veg them at a certain height or node.

There's one guy here I believe who did a hybrid system, more or less a soil plant transplanted into a hempy bucket with some kind of cloth around the soil that roots could grow through. Might want to search for that thread, might be right up your ally. Best of both worlds kind of thing.

R

RNDZL

"So is organic hydroponics possible? So far the answer is uncertain. Organic substances by their very nature need to be alive and have the ability to combine with other organic elements in order to function at their best. Soil microbiology and organic elements combine together in a living explosion of decomposition, magically working together to create new life forms. Water alone cannot provide this function. There needs to be a basis for the catalyst to happen in order to create the active micro life necessary for organic plant health and growth. Organic substances left in water are not able to be stabilized, nor are they able to catalyze with each other. After a time they will deteriorate and even become stagnant and harmful to the plant. Guanos and fish products especially become very noxious smelling and difficult to deal with. Try it and see for yourself, but remember you have been warned here first!"

This is from the people who write for Maximum yield, bottom line there is no such thing as organic hydro.

the collective marshlands of the Earth are naturally occurrences of the above

100.jpg

V

vonforne

LOL, do not let this thread get out of hand now. It is one of those touchy subjects.

V

supermanlives

Veteran
i ran earth juice in hydro once. but i used a huge bio ball setup bucket and enzymes. worked ok. aquaponics can be organic.