What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So what's your favorite Monty Python Sketch?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
are there any women here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks

314_1.jpg

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably the parrot sketch , "pineing for the fjords" still cracks me up.

And i still cant pick up a chainsaw without singing the lumberjack song , even a tin of spam still makes me giggle.

And Life of Brian is still one of the funniest film ever made.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hilarious stuff.... but not as 'funny' as it used to be. *sigh*

Interesting... the more you know about the whole power regime and the crown and how things are structured, the more it makes some parts of their sketches 'completely' unfunny.

When you understand they're the queen's jesters and how they fit in.... then you'll be understanding how rude some of that is.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

SpayceRayce

Parrot sketch, Fake translation book, cheese shop, licence for Eric(s) / Eric the half a bee, albatross, joke warfare, twit of the year, arguments, ALL the movies, the guy who "plays" 3 blind mice by bashing specially trained mice with a mallet. Basically EVERYTHING. The first episode I saw was "confuse a cat", but I kept watching anyway. MPFC rulez.

analogue

Would you like some dirty pictures of your wife?

Pet fish license (Eric).

Football with one legged pirates and debutantes.

p.s. No. 14, The Larch

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Had to respond to this thread, love some Monty Python! Its gonna be hard to choose my favorite skit but some that come to mind are How to Protect Yourself Against Fresh Fruit, The Spanish Inquisition, The Bishop, and The Lumberjack Song (previously mentioned). I watch The Holy Grail the most lol. The Knights who say Ni, Sir Lancelot storming the castle, The Holy Handgrenade of Antiarch and the funniest scene in that movie was the Killer Bunny ;)! Thanks for the laughs and the reminder to go watch the Monty Python DVDs again very soon. Ya'll take care 1

SpayceRayce

The long, drawn out bearded Micheal Palin crawling out of the water, across rocks, only to say, "It's". Naked organ player. Fish slap dance. There is no cannibalism in the navy. "Well, Brian - I kick the ball into the net". Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson. The Gumbies. Blackmail. "Hello, Mrs. Cutout". Hells Grannies. Dinsdale. "Every sperm is sacred".

SpayceRayce

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy". Organ donor cards. "Bandy legged wop waiters named Manuel". "Massive tracts of land". The Larch.

SpayceRayce

Nudge nudge, wink wink. "Pull down your panties, Sir Arthur, as I cannot wait 'till lunch". My hovercraft is full of eels. The Larch.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
When you understand they're the queen's jesters and how they fit in.... then you'll be understanding how rude some of that is.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

no offence hydro mate i like your posts and i can see why you said what you said, but you obviously dont understand the crown/the uk nor monty python that well really (not that thats unusual)

the queen isnt the crown, so they arent her jesters,, and they arent monarchists nor pro the crown corporation anyway,,,

they were anti-establishment, and they knew what the real establishment was,, thats why they had to be so silly,,