What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

St. Phatty

I have a turkey with a broken leg that is otherwise healthy - she can fly etc.

She has been hanging around but feeding her is like pushing on a string - she won't let a person near 25 feet of her.

But I can sort of predict 5 different places where she will be later in the day.

So I put one mini-oasis (water dish, blackberries, ground corn) in the front yard, where I saw her second to last.

And another one on the strip of forest north of my place, where she also hangs out. In the picture she is walking North to the strip of un-logged forest.

I'm using cat fish cans as mini water dishes.

One blurry picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_111400-limping-north.jpg
    IMG_20190907_111400-limping-north.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28

EsterEssence

Veteran
I bought a 110db siren with flashing light for security in the gh. I was setting it and trying it out last night. Across the street from me is a cartel grow, after playing around with it for a couple minutes I realized it was probably scaring the shit out of the neighbors, when I heard a bunch of Mexicans talking very fast, I couldn’t understand them but they were sounding very excited. I was laughing my ass off, didn’t do it on purpose but it was a good laugh for me at least...

White Beard

Today, I’m laying out of work to handle a honey do list: I work for myself, but still, I hate not being where I say I’ll be...however, ‘honey’ is the type that only negotiates after the blast damage is cleared, so...this way I don’t come home to a mine field

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Today, I’m laying out of work to handle a honey do list: I work for myself, but still, I hate not being where I say I’ll be...however, ‘honey’ is the type that only negotiates after the blast damage is cleared, so...this way I don’t come home to a mine field

The mechanics car is always broken, but his wife's car purrrs like kitten. :D

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
The weather forecast is for frost this week so I will chop one plant that is more ready today and wait for the last minute before I chop the rest.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I tend to leave them until the frost beats the crap out of the fan leaves. That means a few hard frosts. Works for me but I haven't grown that many strains.

Bud frost seems to protect against cold frost.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Afternoon all.

Yup, the garden is all but toast. I still have to process horseradish. Pain but my wife and I can't get enough of the stuff. Will spend the winter adding soil from my grow downstairs to it.

Took a ride with my neighbor out to the local reservoir to look at potential fishing spots for him and his grandson. Two retired old men farting around at the lake. Couldn't smoke as he doesn't indulge...to bad for him.

Back home and watching Baseball Playoffs. Out to dinner tonight.
Send him this article. lol
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/marijuana-may-boost-rather-than-dull-the-elderly-brain/

St. Phatty

This PG&E power cut-off thing.

Is that going to inconvenience many ICMaggers ?

Got to use LED flashlights to keep your light cycles.

I think PG&E will find that wildfire risk doesn't go away that easy.

The adjustments to the loss of power - like people starting generators - well if they cut the power to a rural town & 500 people start generators - it's only better off if every single person is a Safety Gonzo.

Which ain't human nature.

Will be surprised if California escapes the current Red Flag conditions without a fire caused by people adjusting to the official power cut-off.

Sympathies to Australia, 100 degree temps + more brush fires, I hear, in very early spring.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I got a message saying my power could be cut during red flag, windy, and dry conditions. I get my power from the local Co Op but they use Edison lines. So this is a new program to prevent fires or should I say lawsuits...

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Thought this was a classic picture.

The 2019 Grass Crop

"Grass is a monocotyledon plant, herbaceous plants with narrow leaves growing from the base"

no wonder chickens like grass - it's an herb ! dogs too.

Uh, anyway, it's a big Grass Crop.

And it's Burning.

Those 2 legged random ignition sources

Homo Sapiens Sparky Chain Lighterus

provided the start to this year's Uncontrolled California Bonfire.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+windmills+cause+cancer

Wow, he really did say it.

America is being "led" in the early 20th century by ... It. The Orange It.

Has he told the Dutch that windmills cause cancer ?

Near Highway 12 in Solano County.

I'm not saying this particular fire is a big deal.

It just looks like a big deal.

Attachments

• grass-fire.jpg
    grass-fire.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 16

EsterEssence

Veteran
Finished up the main harvest yesterday, It has been a scary year with the cops everywhere, I think they are still out here. I followed the rules and they left me alone, but there was always that underlying thought that they could fuck up my day. Haven’t been paranoid in years and glad it’s out...