What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I need to mow today. I hate mowing the lawn. I want a yard of nothing but raised beds and rock pathways.

Harumph.

i'm starting to see the good points of your position. pave the whole yard, build mobile raised beds, and build a water collection system into it before paving...:woohoo:

White Beard

My one real day off...I will run a little laundry, sweep the floors if I can get the kids to pick up anything, carry the trash out, scoop the cat box, and I’m done.

Otherwise, expect to read, post, study, cultivate a buzz, and play my game, do yoga, maybe eat something...if I feel like it, I’ll go see Avengers: Endgame in a few hours

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Pulled about 200 males about 3 weeks ago. Pulled another 75 of the cocksuckers yesterday. I guess I'll have a lot of edible material this year :(

St. Phatty

I'm Nuking my Creeping Myrtle with Love. And water. And water with organic nutes.

Nitrogen rich nutes, phosphorus seabird guano, wood ash for potassium, and chicken guano to top it off.

It's a fight between the blackberry, a humongous grape vine, and now the Creeping Myrtle.

The Creeping Myrtle is the best wildfire wise. Also, some people call it "Vinca".

Of course the blackberry is multiple plants. I'm not sure about the grapevine. They are both about 70 feet x 70 feet & 10 or 20 feet tall.

It's sort of like watching a plant version of Godzilla square off with a plant King Kong. In slow motion.

With the creeping myrtle I started an area about 10 feet by 25 feet, with 3 myrtle clusters.

It's an amazing plant, stays green even when it gets no water, sitting in the sun every day. It must get moisture from the air.

When you feed it, it responds. :woohoo:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I just transplanted a bunch of Satsuma F2 clones today. The mother is outside and is about 8 feet tall with the skinny classical Sativa shape. For some reason it is already flowering. If the smoke test on these is good I might have a keeper.

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Loads of wild birds sharing in the chickens' food.

I'm learning to water on the North side of trees - helps create habitat for the animals. Helps them score some worms.

How much of what they are picking up is food food, like a sunflower seed, and how much is just a rock that they decided to eat ?

Attachments

• quail.jpg
    quail.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 18

EsterEssence

Veteran
I’m going to do some rosin squishing, probably take a couple days to get it all done. I’m motivated cause I’m running out of last years stash...

Im'One

Re potted my Island sweet skunks into fabric pots put those in half cut plastic barrels. I'm trying to rest and not think too much.
I did a huge amount of edibles in the past few days and I have been tripping a little over my life choices and where things are going. I had a very bad night last night intuition convinced something very bad was going to happen today.
So just Turned to the news and a mass shooting in El Paso

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Howdy gang. Hope all are doing well. Hotter than h..... outside. Sitting in the cool living room watching MMA.

Worked in the garden all morning....everything is done and gonna take the rest of the day off.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

source.gif

EsterEssence

Veteran
Going to try to quit procrastinating and get the rosin made, My stash is almost gone...I doubt the cops are around today, they have been out here a lot. I looked at my place on google earth and you can see the plants in my building- greenhouse so they should be able to See I only have 20 plants hopefully they won’t care about that small amount...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta move a couple plants for mom and mow the lawn.

Start to fine tune the blumats I put in last night, though that will be a long term project. Soil needs to dry out a bit from last nights watering and my sensor requires a couple hours to adjust to each pot so it will probably take a day or two to get everything adjusted correctly. Then continue to fine tune as things progress. Once they are set I won't have to mess with them again though, so that'll be nice.

I'll harvest some more tomatoes and cucumbers.

Probably squish a little rosin here in a bit to help kick off the day.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I got most of the rosin made, enough for me and my patients for a year. I love the driptech press no scrapping it just pools up on the frozen tile. Cardiologist this morning been feeling a little strange so we shall see what they say...

EsterEssence

Veteran
Forgot the pic, it is from #1 hash powder. I know folks say it is to dark put it is terpene rich, tastes like killer hash, and it’s very strong and if you make a real thin piece it’s golden...

Attachments

• C434F515-FF7A-4566-95F0-4725F24A69BB.jpg
    C434F515-FF7A-4566-95F0-4725F24A69BB.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 15

St. Phatty

I opened the back door and the chickens came running.

I caught one of them and gave her a hug. She continued breathing.

Then I realized what her breath smelled like.

NIGHTSOIL.

Yes, Virginia, Chickens DO like the taste of Humanure.

Would anybody like to bet on something ?

I believe that I can generate electricity from animals that are fed nightsoil.

Thereby converting a relative nuisance, into something quite useful.

I think I should get at LEAST 5 to 1 odds, since I'm going out on a limb.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Went to the cardiologist yesterday I’ve lost 40 lbs and they are starting to wean me off some of the blood pressure meds...

St. Phatty

Well it's really hot.

Had the buckets with a decent compost tea lined up.

Got 7 plants in pots. 105 degrees F heats up the roots.

So I gave them a morning flood, with water, and a noon time flood and a mid-afternoon flood, with compost tea.

The tea is High P seabird guano & wood ash & chicken manure (3-3-3 roughly).

So they were all swampy & wet. That should protect them from the heat.

I have a theory, the temperature goes up because the plants (and everything else) are getting more sun-light (on the hot days).

Latest posts

Latest posts