What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

Mr.Miner

Good morning. Yesterday was super productive so today will not be. I am going to go have breakfast and then come home for some medicating and some much-needed spacing out. It's nice to be still.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Cold as all get out here. One above 0 when I got up. A fresh coating of snow...about 4" and today's high is expected to reach a balmy 15F. Neighbor just came by with his snow blower and did my walk. Wonder if i could get him to do my driveway as we......NOT!

I really have nothing going on today. Might press some kief and watch a move with Mrs Pute but other than that......

More coffee and staring out the window....

St. Phatty

Woke up to a very loud rooster about 7 AM, 15 minutes after sunrise.

Walked outside to find no birds. Walked a little more and saw a coyote. First time I've seen one here, usually I see foxes. The coyote looks more like a stray dog.

When I saw the coyote I immediately thought of the tiny white Alpha bird. Fortunately she was hiding & still alive. 6 birds accounted for, thought I lost the Red one since she was nowhere to be seen, and it was a f'ing coyote. And they were squawking very loud.

Was thinking about discharging a firearm when I go back outside, using a rifle to make a loud sound.

I'm not sure how much that compares to just seeing a human. I could go outside early the next few days and walk a perimeter area around my property, just so the predators can see me.

I don't think hawks care too much about humans but I have the impression that coyotes & foxes prefer to avoid people. I have heard that hawks are deterred by rifle fire, they don't like the sound & will avoid the area.

The Rhode Island Red hid for about 2 hours, which she has done before. I'm pretty sure that she bee-lines for any of thousands of hiding places in the bushes, to hang out and when there is a Predator alarm from the 2 Roosters.

Sometimes the Roosters seem pretty lame but today they definitely did their job. Almost like a dog calling its human.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Damn....tornado season already. Sorry for those affected. Spring brings nasty storms. Have gardening to do....later

EsterEssence

Veteran
Thinking about planting some seeds in the next few days, Ive been going back and forth about how many to start, we have a new sheriff in our county that is not cannabis friendly. So I guess I will stick to 24 which I am allowed medically. They are selling licenses, which I can't afford, and they want to use the money for enforcement. At my age the last thing I need is to get the drug squad coming to my house...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Blizzard moving into the area. Forecasters the conditions are ripe for one of the worst storms in decades. Just starting to snow....hang on to your ass.

Lights come on in 30 minutes. Everybody needs fed. Will do that and then worry about keeping the walks and driveway.

Hope all have a great day.

buzzmobile

Veteran
As they say in our neck of the woods, "Hunker down, Putembk!" Here's hoping everything holds together and stays in place.

The cedar waxwings showed up this morning.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Holly crap!!! We are getting pounded. I am gonna have to go out soon and run the snowblower. In this heavy wet stuff my machine can only handle about 6" at a time. If I don't keep ahead of it I will be screwed. Looking at the radar it is looking bad.

Nope, no back up Cigarviper but most power lines around here are underground. I have live here for 25 years and the only real power outage was caused by a back hoe that cut through a power line.

I am hunkered down Buzz.....may be a while. Plenty of booze, hash, kief and pot....what more do I need....... If the power does fail the gas fireplace will keep the place warm. Plants may not like having no lights but will survive..

Daughter loves it....snow day.....probably tomorrow as well. Working at home from her laptop. $25/hr to sit at home and watch it snow.......

Beautiful warm sunny day here for a change at +10C. Did the brakes on my car without a coat on! Stay tuned for whining about the heat and humidity coming soon.

St. Phatty

Happy St. Patty's day !

Are you going to drink more beer today than you normally would ?

Second day of spring, sort of - temps did not drop into freezing last night, can move plants outdoors for a quick spring flowering cycle.

attachment.php

Counted 2 boys & 2 girls, & 2 TBD's.

attachment.php

The rooster on the left and the small white bird are the parents of the bird on the upper right.

The other child of the small white bird is a miniature black & red rooster who has to wait till the big rooster is done eating.

attachment.php

Sprinkled around the woods I have water stashes to help me with my summer grows & for wildfire prevention.

Attachments

• IMG_20190315_084145_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190315_084145_+__.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190315_093241_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190315_093241_+__.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20190315_103333_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190315_103333_+__.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 23

EsterEssence

Veteran
St. Phatty it's your day today, I'll lift a pint later today for ya. It's going to be a nice day here in the 60's so I will spend some time outside spring cleaning. It's a good day to get some seeds a cracking...

Latest posts

Latest posts