What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

St. Phatty

How many of you folks have played ice hockey ?

There is a familiar sound from hanging around an ice rink.

The sound of a human skull hitting the ice.

I heard that same familiar sound today at the gym, in the locker room. Poked my head in the shower room and there's this old guy trying to stand up, bleeding profusely from his head.

Anyway I went and got him a sterile towel and then spent about 5 minutes trying to protect him from "Emergency Services". He didn't want all that attention. Told the lifeguard who the old guy knows.

The trick to falling is to not fight it. Just drop where you are, works better for sure on the ice.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Afternoon. Not only have I never played Ice Hockey....I can't ice skate period!!!! I have tried but I have weak ankles. I look like a duck out of water. I had season tickets to the Colorado Avalanche a few years back when they had Roy, Forsburg, Sacic and Foote among others. Won two Stanley Cups. But I never had the desire to try it again. Hope the old guy is ok.

As I have gotten up there in years I fall much easier. I just don't have the balance and can't catch myself as well. I have to be real careful when fishing alone anymore. I took a pretty good fall last spring. Took a minute or so to realize I was ok just stunned.

Disagree with you Phatty....the trick is to not fall at all.

Light day in the garden. I have two plants hanging and two in total darkness waiting to get cut down. I see a lot of trimming in my future.

Windy as all get out outside so I am stuck inside today. Kind of bored.....anybody shoot 9-ball here? I used to hustle pool years ago. I was just good enough to get my ass kicked once in a while. Always somebody better. I'm actually better a ping pong. I have always loved hand and eye coordination games. Sure could use a sucker today.....

Just when I though this thread was starting to take off......everybody took a lunch break....no matter.....I will just post to myself.....I never argue with anybody that way....

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You need to skate daily. After a week your ankles will pick up. The best place to learn to skate is in a ditch. Lol

In Canada we play hockey. Not ice hockey. Lol

I guess it's like Brits when they hear you play football and soccer. Lol

The trick to falling is to take someone down with you to cushion your fall.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Tycho, thanks for the advise but I'm pushing 70 and the last thing I am gonna do is put on a pair of Ice Skates. Hope you are having a good day....

buzzmobile

Veteran
The ice never lasted long enough to skate on in Miami. ;)

I spent my morning yesterday with a physical therapy session to straighten out my back. I've been going for the past few weeks and things are improving. Lots of back stretching involved and I supply the grunting and groaning sound effects.

When I got home it was time to do some preventive maintenance downstairs. We have had a near record rainfall this year and much of that total is now flowing slowly across the floor to the sump. I found a bundle of styrofoam insulation boards at Home Depot that I sawed into 12" pieces. I set each of my pots on individual styrofoam pads to get them off of the cold wet floor. Then I fertilized everything and called it a day.

Today it's a trip to see the podiatrist for a pain in my heel. Probably going to get stuck with a sharp pointed object after the X-ray.

Oh and it's rained all night and it is still raining.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning. Harvesting a White Fire #3 today. I don't like this strain. Doesn't yield and puts me to sleep. However, I have a couple of good friends that love it so....

@ Buzz. I have the same problem. At first I thought it was plantar fascitis but turned out to be bone spurs in my heal. I avoided the podiatrist by buying a pair a Skechers with memory foam and putting a pair of good shoe inserts in as well for support.

A lot cheaper that what the doc is gonna tell/sell ya. Inserts from a doctor is $$$$ I got mine for $40....the shoes were $50. Under a hundred bucks and I am pain free as long as I wear them all the time.

Lights just popped on....time to check on things and get the scissors out....

Hope all have a great day.

buzzmobile

Veteran
The podiatrist is a friend for years. He shot me with a steroid and said it was plantar fasciitis. He directed to me to some inserts from Academy sports for $15.99 so I'm in it for that and my $40 co-pay. He told me to come back in a month if it still hurt or cancel if it didn't. He also said it may take another injection or two. It wasn't too bad a shot but I could feel it when he got to the hot spot.

Good morning Old-timers. New to growing my own but learning a ton. I wish they taught this in high school. Just transplanted some Jean Guy and Frisian Dew into Root-Master pots. Heading out to the local Indigenous reserve to pick up some moccasins for Christmas and stop by the shops and see what available in seeds these days. The shop I attend just bought out his supplier so I assume I'll be able to get some grade A seeds.

Hockey - I've played, coached and managed a ton. In fact I just suffered a heart attack earlier this year and I'm thinking of picking it up again for fitness. I live 4 doors away from the local rink.

The podiatrist is a friend for years. He shot me with a steroid and said it was plantar fasciitis. He directed to me to some inserts from Academy sports for $15.99 so I'm in it for that and my $40 co-pay. He told me to come back in a month if it still hurt or cancel if it didn't. He also said it may take another injection or two. It wasn't too bad a shot but I could feel it when he got to the hot spot.

I've had Plantar's Fasciitis. I got it from standing on ladder rungs all day without steel sole shoes being worn. A week rolling a frozen water bottle while watching t.v. worked like a charm and it hasn't come back...knock on wood.

dddaver

Veteran
The trick to falling is to not fight it. Just drop where you are, works better for sure on the ice.

I was confused by the lead sentence in the post. I guess a skull hitting a shower floor sounds the same as hitting ice?

I played a lot of pad-less hockey as a kid. Probably one reason why my balance is shot. One too many blows to the melon. :biggrin:

Anyway, good advise. I know from vast experience. :tiphat:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Afternoon. I just finished trimming. I'm worn out. I don't know about the rest of us but trimming drains me. I have a lot more coming but not today. I am at a point where everything is finishing at the same time. I usually try and spread it around but right now I am buried.

@ Buzz, I hope what the doc did helps. I walk most every day. It helps keep my blood pressure, weight and cholesterol under control. I have to watch how much and the surface I walk on to keep my bone spurs from flaring up.

Rest of the day is mine and I am gonna get a good buzz going starting NOW.

Maybe invest in a trimmer. My buddy just got a manual crank bowl trimmer, spread it around to his grower friends who all rave about it.

St. Phatty

Went shooting in the pouring rain, at the public range. Targets at 200 & 100 yards.

Slippery as hell. Slipped & fell once walking down the hill. Creating a Wet Clothes situation ... heat the oven up to 170 F, then kill the heat, & put clothes in there to dry.

Reading news reporting of Medical incidents, in this case the suicide of the Fox news reporter who did not cope well with a bad outcome from Laser eye surgery.

Well, I have 32 GB of memory and it's a 6 core 12 thread workstation. I figure it should support 150 to 200 browser pages, until they are digested & bookmarked & closed.

The ability to do a "Right Click, search Google" - great tool for library science, but Jesus it loads down the computer.

Would love to find a tool that can analyze all my computer system resources and tell me what is bogged down where, and why.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@ Cigarviper....absolutely no trimming machine for this o'l hippie. I have seen machine trimmed buds before..... If you are a commercial grower and are trimming tables go ahead. No fish fins or sugar leaves on my buds. If that sounds a bit arrogant so be it. My friends are very picky and most are my age and have been smoking for decades. I keep them around by producing what they want. This is what they want as far as a well trimmed bud looks like.

picture.php

buzzmobile

Veteran
It's 1/4 mile around the perimeter of our property and I walk laps. The pain really flared about 6 weeks ago while walking from a parking lot to a stadium. Up until then I was OK with stretching and ice bottle under the foot.

This too shall pass.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I am trimming down excess leaves on a Mom plant. I chopped an F2 Gogi that showed crab claws on it which proved it was a boy. It sort of looked like it was giving me the finger. Its like I'm a boy and you are going to cull me out. Before I go here is the middle finger for you. LOL

F

Fermented

@ Cigarviper....absolutely no trimming machine for this o'l hippie. I have seen machine trimmed buds before..... If you are a commercial grower and are trimming tables go ahead. No fish fins or sugar leaves on my buds. If that sounds a bit arrogant so be it. My friends are very picky and most are my age and have been smoking for decades. I keep them around by producing what they want. This is what they want as far as a well trimmed bud looks like.

View Image

anyone else see the squirrel in the photo? If that was my bud, that one would be the last to get smoked, you know kinda like when you were a kid and you ate the bear cookie's feet first and his head last.

Today...as every day starts with an early wake up, start make a big hot breakfast for all, sit down, make a double espresso with milk and roll of skinny one, a quick scan of the news then start work hitting those keys.