What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So many questions!! Excited newbie!

N

NoSocSlic

Officially day 28 of flower

picture.php

Long way to go still

N

NoSocSlic

I added in one more blue light to get a full spectrum for these last 3 weeks (or longer?)

picture.php

N

NoSocSlic

Adding in the blue light made a difference in a day. Buds looking much frostier today. Tomorrows day 35.

Now that's 35 days since the lights were flipped. I made the switch before preflowers emerged. Should I be counting the days from flip or from the first hairs?

Here she is

picture.php

530farmero

newbie need help!!

newbie need help!!

so im gna do my second outdoor grow and im wondering how early can I start vegging my cloans indoor before I put them outside and should I use a 1000 watt light? any help appreciated

N

NoSocSlic

you can start them anytime, but you need to line up your light schedule with the hours of daytime/nighttime outside when you plan on planting.

N

NoSocSlic

Update:

Update:

I thought I'd update with some pictures. I have been trying to figure out using my camera to see trichs. Its definitely not time yet. I am thinking I still have 2 or 3 weeks.

The leaves are very dark green. Maybe too much N? or not enough P? Or the micro-herd is focused on the wrong nutes? Or its just the genetics? I am not too worried about it right now, I'm just happy I am this far in. Hopefully when I stop watering those leaves lighten up a little.

I have repotted. I am using a more shallow and wide pot. After transplanting, over that next week the soil eroded a bit. I dressed the top of the soil with coco to cover it and that seems to be just fine. This plant has really been a breeze. Some trimming was necessary but she has thrived. Just waiting...

N

NoSocSlic

she's officially been chopped, as of 3 days ago. got her trimmed down and hanging. It was 53g wet so I should make my goal of 14g dry but I guess we'll see. Not the best smelling or looking buds ever. They're quite leafy.

Smoke sampler was good though. Pretty heavy indica high. Great sleepy time meds. Wet, it smells like cucumber. Pinching a bud reveals a citrus and mango smell. Tastes a little harsh but I have high hopes for the finished product. I'm not sure if I'm going to start more seeds right away. I think I am going to enjoy some peace of mind and some home grown smoke for a few weeks at least.

SmokingPotato

I will ask here so i dont have to oprn new thread... 2 weeks ago i fimmed my plant. Im sure that i cut enough but plant made 4 lesves(2x2) but i dont see new branches. Leaves are deformed from fimming but it still has only only one main branch.... When should i top it ?

N

NoSocSlic

I top mine at the second node. I do it as early as I can. I haven't fimmed before. I know its not much different but when I top I take the whole top at the node, that gives me a good Y shape to work with and train. After I top and the 2 chutes get some length I tie them down.

After two weeks the plant should have recovered and grown its new chutes. Since you have no new chutes, I would assume that you didn't cut enough off. From what I've read, if you take too little the main chute regenerates, and if you take too much it produces two chutes like when topped. That concern is why I just top mine. Its easier and more straight forward.

N

NoSocSlic

Dried... partially cured

Dried... partially cured

Bud shot. My weight after drying was just under 15g. That was without some of the popcorn I've been puffin on. I know that is hardly impressive to most of you, but for a little ghetto rig cfl closet grow and considering its my first time really trying, I am overly ecstatic.

Now that the buds have had some time they taste pretty good. Very far from premo bud but still great.

NoSo your thread was awesome. It gave a newbie like me some tips. The pictures really helped and were certainly some eye candy. This is my first grow also and I'm hoping for a beauty like the one you've got there. I am growing Hillbilly Kush and Med-Mans Silver Skunk BX1 for my first grow. I am hoping to get a few good mother plants out of the grow to keep the dream alive. I figure if I get a good strong plant I can take clones from her instead of starting from seed every time.

NY UrbanFarmer

N

NoSocSlic

Hey thanks I'm glad you liked it. Sounds like you got some good stuff. I'm sure they will turn out great man. Good luck with your grow!

Thanks

Thanks

Hey thanks I'm glad you liked it. Sounds like you got some good stuff. I'm sure they will turn out great man. Good luck with your grow!

Thank you I hope it goes well too. I think that I have enough seedlings to come out of it with something good. I just ordered some new lights so once they get here I should be good. Until now I've been using CFL's but I just bought a 4 bar T5 setup to go along with it. Keep ya posted.:tiphat:

Ny UFarmer

N

NoSocSlic

Cool... I look forward to seeing it. I am coming up with ideas for my next run. I want to do it a little bigger but I'm probably sticking with cfls for now. I am curious about the t5's. I think I will be adding it to the arsenal soon.

there goes edro

Veteran
I know you want to keep things small (that will change soon) maybe veg under cols and flower with a 150 hps, even a 70 w will help increase production. Just a little advice, get a small carbon filter!!!!! Can never be to careful when it comes to smells you know. Good luck and happy growing! !!

N

NoSocSlic

I definitely caught the bug. It is very nice to have your own home grown smoke, and I wish I had more. I am excited to start up another run and it is going to have one or two new elements added to it. I think that is how I am going to keep it. Add a couple elements each grow and learn along the way

. I don't know if I am going to jump right into hid lighting. Even with cfls I had occasional heat issues in that closet; never over 83 degrees but I would imagine it would get pretty damn hot with an hps.

I do have some nice beans from good bagweed that I will be popping soon. I am going to plant 5 and keep all the females this time instead of only one. This run I will be trying out FFOF for the first time as well, and rearranging to get hopefully 6 more cfls in there at least.

I am starting to look into some of the electrical aspects of the growing experience and that is my next hurdle. I'm also going to try and enclose the area which means I can bring in the carbon filter. Then possibly scrogging as well. Baby steps lol.

N

NoSocSlic

Well I am now down to one in a pot. Two of the seedlings got really stretchy. My grow spot just isn't suitable for tall plants. I culled the two sad spindly little f***ers so I have one in a pot. Male or female I am growing this one out. If it is a boy I am going to collect pollen.

I'd post a pic but there isn't much to see. The fourth node is coming in so I'll be topping soon. I just repotted into a gallon and a half pot, and all FFOF. I layered it with perlite to keep it draining well and dressed the top with coco to prevent gnats. Now that its in its bigger pot hopefully growth takes off so I have something to show. Its 2 weeks old today and honestly I am not overly impressed with its vigor. Maybe the Ocean Forest will get things moving quicker.

Its the last seed I may ever have of the herb that I have been working with so pollen would give me a way to continue propagating this particular strain. The herb is from a local commercial grower, but I don't know the grower. It's a family member of the girl I buy it off of but she either got pinched or got out of the biz. She fell off the map and I haven't been able to get ahold of her for a couple months. Sooo, I am starting to window shop for seeds on the bay. My grow space is 31 inches tall (about 27 with the lights). I am looking for a good bushy plant that still has enough sativa in it to even out the stone. I am definitely considering a few kush and afghan strains. I'd love to here some recommendations.

its trypp

Well I am now down to one in a pot. Two of the seedlings got really stretchy. My grow spot just isn't suitable for tall plants. I culled the two sad spindly little f***ers so I have one in a pot.

Instead of pulling them entirely, you could have just pinched, fimmed, or topped them to slow down some of the vertical growth. I understand small grow space, but there are always option outside of takin out a plant! :O And if they continue to grow too high, then just keep pinching/topping what you need to, which will make for much bushier plants! :)

And well, hopefully your remaining plant is a female :^)