What's new

so for how much longer will individual patients be able to vend to clubs?

FishmanK

The restrictions on water too are of concern...
those who have property may want to get more tanks in place for storage before more restrictions on that take place too...
seems to be part of whats comin down @ us

If your a boutique garden ie.. indoor/mixed light, controlled environment, Clean Green, that kinda thing, then it is more than worth it to apply for licences, IF you can get on some AG land. The problem is 90% of the cannabis produced in California doesn't stay in California, and i will also inform you colorado is about the same. The big difference is they(Colorado) are doing it legally, not limiting the licences anymore, and there citizens "get it" as far as taking the money out of the cartel's hands. Ill get to the point, as long as we vote yes on AUMA we can all go on our mary way, out here in California, and pay the $5k-$20k per license to cultivate operate, transport that sort of thing, California is going to be MUCH MUCH cheaper to get licences than the other states, the only difference is we eat it in cost of living/land hahaha. The problem is all the Illegal, Shitty, Wannabe Growers out in the hills, dont want to change there shitty product and compete with real farmers and businessmen, trying to save the land and work with local municipalities to better the lives for everyone around them. These same people spread lies about said legislature to hopefully keep it the wild west for at best another 2 years. Where then, on january 1st 2018 you will no longer be able to "backpack" your product into dispensaries. What will be nice about the new laws is, out here in california it is pretty simple to work with local law enforcement because, they are already quite familiar with the idea of Cannabis and would love to work with any locals wanting to Legally pump money into there small local economy that use to be mostly made up of fishing and lumber. Im excited, as well as many other Californians, that they will finally regulate this mess we call a "Medical" system, hopefully crack down on the growing gang/cartel influence in the hills, and start to collect taxes from those of us who do operate a legal Organic Certified garden. I have randomly tested product from multiple dispensaries around Califronia over the years and i can say Colorado is doing it right by Regulating and keeping there medical and recreational users safe by removing pesticide and pathogenic infected product from the market before people are harmed. Lets all be smart and vote YES on AUMA, because it does work well with the new laws J.Brown just signed into law and please also start to look into getting some agricultural land or greenhouse now and assume either working with the new medical system by 2018 or the new Adult Use Act by around the same time. Thanks and i hope all you stay safe out there operating in our current GREY area until then :) I Vote Yes On AUMA because i want to get money redirected towards local/state funds and take money out of all the unregulated/uneducated/illegal growers, hiding in our current wild west system.

I urge all of you who fear competition to rethink the industry you are in, or move to another state that isn't in a drought and grow your Black Market Weed there. All of you "carpet baggers" are not going to Find 2018 to be very friendly to those of you not following EPA land/water regulations. There are far to many growers thinking it is safe to use pesticides "for ornamental use only", outside, on "medicine", near a river. Or better yet the dudes dumping mass amounts of Synthetic Salts into there smart pots, then the rains come in, and wash it into the streams killing off specific bacteria needed for fish to thrive. I love to fish, I love to grow Organic all natural produce for my family, and i believe there is still going to be synthetic/hydroponic/conventional grown cannabis and food in the future. I also believe for the betterment of all us Californians, we need to regulate all forms of large agriculture and we all need to pay our fare share of taxes to make sure our youth get better educations and are living in a safer environment. Be smart and realize it is hard for local Gov. to turn down extra tax money on a Water conscious farm, who treat the land with respect, and will also directly help local law enforcement to control/prevent illegal grows in the future. If your truly a small farmer getting a boutique license will not be hard for you, but the competition will be there to innovate, and lower your bottom line while simultaneously raising your quality. If Cannabis or farming is truly your passion i recommend getting a license to transport/distribute, or getting a license for a farm, or getting a job at any of the many legal companies about to start up in 2017-2018. But it is nice, and needs to be pointed out, that California is giving us Farmers/Business owners in California already compliant or looking to get compliant, till jan of 2018 to figure your shit out....2018, you have time to get 4 opinions by then and hopefully be looking into what you need to do to be a competitive business in this industry by then. Regulate and keep the money on THIS side of the boarder.

Lovingthegreen, Do you really think cannabis farmers in rural areas of California will be able to compete with the dozen or so formal package delivery services already operating in ca?

stinky

From what I've read about the new system, you are 100% correct. All wen't into play Jan 2016, but as you state, they have not even created the divisions of issuance, regulation, enforcment etc. "supposedly" by end of the year, that will all be in place, but I highly doubt that.

There are a few "grandfather" clauses in the system, and liscense issuance priority will be given to (or reviewed) by operations operating prior to (I can't remember the date, pre 2016 obviously).

I did not read anything about rec-use, but I wasn't looking in that direction anyways.

I'm thinking that this system will eventually be a very stringent and expensive business venture, as more and more regulations are imposed. I'm willing to bet that a great deal of the "regulations" and costs are going to be imposed via "enviromental" reasons. In my opinion, it may just spur the population of "illegal" grows, and bring the corner "drug" dealer back into the picture.

On a side note. I was reviewing a few of the other counties specific regulations about cultivation, and one thing that I found completly obsurd was the many counties that have imposed laws/fines for "odor pollution".... I understand that everyone has different taste in smell, but by no means does the aroma given off by a nice grow smell worse than the JP4 and JP5 jet and equipment fuel that permiates one of the most expensive communities to live in in my county..

My rant is over :)

San Diego native. The smell from my garden is no more annoying than the 2 year old screaming their head off a couple houses down. It's a neighborhood. We ALL choose to live here. Shit.... I have lived here in the same house for three decades. Nobody is going to tell me my garden has to go. Screw the haters and the greedy that plan to take over the cannabis industry. :tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
san diego rules..my outdoor garden reeks come September ..no one complains ..some one did however try and get in my greenhouse once while I was gone...guarded now...yeehaw everyone here seems to smoke or not even care about it..

pathrunner

I'm honestly not to worried tbh. My water consumption is low enough right now that I'm getting away with a tanked watering system I fill with water from our showers while we wait for them to heat up. We also are a mellow yellow family, so we already consume less than most families around here. As for the licenses and all that other crap, I may just sell through a co-op rather than the shops directly.

The wider you open your doors to the government, the more they see to control.

geneva_sativa

Sideways crowd all condescending an shit,

trying to pretend that the black market outlaws never brought every goddamn strain worth mentioning to the table.

You think honor and what's right, matters to these ass clowns with colossal sense of self entitlement ?

nah, me either

cryptop

Sideways crowd all condescending an shit,

trying to pretend that the black market outlaws never brought every goddamn strain worth mentioning to the table.

You think honor and what's right, matters to these ass clowns with colossal sense of self entitlement ?

nah, me either

lol.... the same people talking about inventing the "keurig of cannabis" for the "modern, classy cannabis consumer". As if everyone from manual laborers to Fortune 50 execs haven't bought black market for past decades.

DRM Ranch

Whatever market a person decides to enter or leave, a void is filled or created.

I love California and will not be leaving, I hope when all is said and done it is worth the trouble of dealing with the powers that be.

DRM Ranch

JJ Lowe

My understanding is that under prop 215 we can grow up to 500sq ft with no more than 5 red holders per grow.. without a special grow Liscense?

Humboldt 2000 applications vs. Trinity 28 applications. Humboldt alone can supply the legal market, but who regularly buys their cannabis from a store? BPG paid about 3.25 a gram on consignment and turned around charging $13 a gram, gave me the run around getting paid (the "buyer" was not around at our scheduled meeting time 30 days later) then acted shocked when I didn't bring more to our 2nd meeting. What will they charge after testing, licensed transport, excise taxes, and processing? Let the big money get the licenses, most will lose everything but the grey market will live on. With 500 ft medical and 6 rec we will get by because of growing experience. With skills, I think they have left enough wiggle room to pull off a good crop.

If you mean, 215, where your doc can just write 99plants, add you're good. Gone. New prop overrules old prop. Oregon medical, history.

soil margin

Veteran
If you mean, 215, where your doc can just write 99plants, add you're good. Gone. New prop overrules old prop. Oregon medical, history.

This is certifiably false. AUMA specifically protects all existing 215 rights and privileges. Prop 215 rights are EXACTLY the same as they were before AUMA passed. Stop spreading this bullshit please guys.

He may be right

He may be right

This is certifiably false. AUMA specifically protects all existing 215 rights and privileges. Prop 215 rights are EXACTLY the same as they were before AUMA passed. Stop spreading this bullshit please guys.
I looked for the part changing the dr. Rules but I couldn't find them. You will need a water board discharge permit for over 2000 ft sq. It's not Auma but it's new. But the days of skyping a doc and getting 99 plants is over soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts