What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So called "BEASTERS"

I know we've all heard of or tried the strain quoted "BEASTERS". My question though is, does anyone know the actual strain name of these ROCKS. In the oz. or so I've gone through I found 2 seeds. I'm hoping that one will be male and one female. But I've never seen anything on what the genetics might be. Anybody out there lend a helping hand? I'm not so keen on the taste but the dense rock hard (hard for my grinder to bust through) nugs it produces are insane. Thanks for any info

G

BC big bud

BC big bud

we've grown it

never found 2 seeds in n ounce tho....1/2 maybe, but rarely in going through an ounce. our beans were out of a 2lb bag years ago.

yields are nice, smoke is disguisting (helluva lot better when you grow it yerself tho)

ours has an abundance of 3 n 5 bladed leaves, when growing next to jack it looks like a wimp.

good luck, theyre likely female (rodelization) and no good for breeding but have fun whatever you do-fun plant to learn on:smile:

ps-dont grow it outdoors unless yer in the desert maybe, watch for mold/budrot, its resistance sucks

theyve changed the strain a bit since the old days :p 1999?2k? so who knows what ya got there really....
as with most things in life,

your mileage may vary...

hope this helps

Last edited:
G

Legend has it that beasters is unflushed uncured m39 and top44,grown by vietnamese gangs and bikers.Very mysterious,but really,why would you even want to waste your time with that when there are so many great genetics available.Grow it if you like , but you could always spend the extra 25$ and have something nice. All we need now is a few "purple haze " threads and itll be like im back at OG. good luck

G

don't believe all you hear....

don't believe all you hear....

BC big bud is in NO WAY m39, legend has it? some bags may have been marked m39 but its bullshit. BC bud is in no way m39, top44, on the other hand, i have no clue of the smoke, but if memory serves me right its big bud too.

gypsy had a big thread on it on OG a while back too bad its gone now, maybe he has it backed up somewhere i remember giant colas virtually touching the lamps in this BC op...

grow some seed of some tried and true genetics from a reputable breeder on the cheap from www.seedbay.com while you still have a chance:eek:

G

CaptainJack , you misunderstood me.I said nothing about bigbud. I was talking about beasters,in a joking manner. Around my area people will try to pass off un-kiefed beasters as m-39 or t-44. By doing so, they charge people the extra 175-200 a oz. "Beasters" or "dro",as it is often called,is plentiful on the east coast US.High school kids think that orange hairs= good bud. Im glad i have enough seeds to last a few years. Reef's forum is down this morning, has me freaked a lil bit.just stoner paranoia, or is it........?

Warrior

So let me get this right.

Beasters is just some unflushed, uncured commercially grown Canadian bud, grown for export to America?

What's wrong with Beasters that give it a bad connotation? Is it not potent, does it taste bad, is there no trichomes? What should I look for?

G

You hit the nail on the head Warrior. Gives you a sleepy "stone" that only last like an hour.tastes like....i dunno,beasters i guess,hard to describe.when it comes from the people higher up the "chain" its decently covered in trichs,sometimes even quite frosty. but greedy people tap the buds over a kief box and take away all the potentcy.usually its super tight smallish buds,but ive seen people take out all the colas and sell it as a different strain"king bud" lol. also look for the orange hairs.hope i could help.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
beasters in my parts have become the new middies. they get you more stoned... but there is only likie 8 bowlpacks in 3.5g's (moist as all hell)

sometimes the incoming bags will be really nice... i meen really nice (crystals, fluffy, taste great).......... but mostly it is the low potency wet pot w/ orange hairs. commercial bud that is better than middies for double the price... ah well

G

I'd have to agree beasters suck. Unfortunatley there is a super over-abundence of it here on the east coast like you said. IMO they're a hell of a lot better than mids though. I'd rather get a sleepy high for an hour from beasters rather than a headache and shit taste in my mouth (not to mention picking the seeds out) from mids. Some beasters smell like hay, some actaully have a fruitier smell that improves a lot with a cure. Definatley unflushed though, its commercial weed their not gonna do anything extra to it.

As far as those seeds go though definatley grow them out. Hell some badass plants come from bagseeds from mids so beasters might produce some badass buds too....you never know til you try em out. Good luck.

And hell right now I wish I had some beasters...got nothin to smoke. Its worth it to use that money for seeds for my summer gorw though.

G

last i checked 90% of the weed i smoke has orange hairs.

nice description:yes:

G

you are a salty fuck jack. hate to break it to ya but,

tight moist hard nugs,lotsa orange hairs,taste like a bottle of GH nutes,no trichs = beasters. bust balls all you want ,sound like your grumpy from smokin lotsa beasters.