TNTBudSticker

Veteran
DRYS is a piece of Crap.

Just letting you know. lol

If you want to trade a good company..trade KKD or WEN

Krispy Kreme or Wendy.

Check out BP....like a falling knive Breaking 27's

What kind of indicators do u use Snype?

I use Moving Linear Regression Channels, certain EMA's, and something called a squeeze indicator, along with a stochastic or two, and fibonacci's, all across multiple time frames.

Also, lately I've been watching a Five Minute chart of the Dollar, the indexes have been responding to changes in the Dollar.

We need to come up with a stoner's stock chatroom!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
BP closed below $30 today, from a 52 week high of $62.38; price cut in half. Might be worth keeping it on the watch list until the remaining bad news is out. With luck it could go down to $20 before bottoming :D

We all should bet.....I say around $17.00 before bottoming.

It made 8 Billion dollars every 3 months.Paid that in dividends.

It's borrowing 10 billion.and putting up 10 billion.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Anyone go after the new IPO Telsa motors?

Battery car that gets over 200 miles between charges.

Today was a good day to pick up gains.

My Other portfolio....I put in a limit order for C (citibank)at $3.32 and that day it was $3.50 and it dropped to $3.3174 then back up 5 minutes later at $3.50

Someone made a key error when someone was selling 8,000 shares of C

So I'm sitting ahead pretty.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Hope no one bought anything...since he posted the Market lost 300 points.If you're a newbie,You probably lost money.

So that's why I'm buying AND Shorting at the same time.

The Bears are Dancing'in the Streets:tiphat: :jump:

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
DRYS is doing terrible..don't fall in love with your stock.If you own DRYS..gimme a good reason.

BP fixed the Well and the price of the stock jumped $1.87 per share overnight..been in it since $28.00 after shorting it from $50.00 to $30.00

NDN is doing good for a trade.This is the dollar Store for you Americans..lol

If you were in Playboy... You made 40% and Hef now Owns the company and going private.

Tronic

Been chilling with Gazprom all year... check em out... easy $$. Not a lot.. but easy $$.

Read children.

Snype

Veteran
DRYS is doing terrible..don't fall in love with your stock.If you own DRYS..gimme a good reason.

BP fixed the Well and the price of the stock jumped $1.87 per share overnight..been in it since $28.00 after shorting it from $50.00 to $30.00

NDN is doing good for a trade.This is the dollar Store for you Americans..lol

If you were in Playboy... You made 40% and Hef now Owns the company and going private.
Yeah it was doing bad but it is back now and I bought more on the way down. It got down to $3.28 but climbed back up to 3.94 today. BP already made a good gain so I'm staying away from it. I thought you said it was going to 17. I would have thought you would have been shorting it until yesterday when it got fixed. This month I'll be trading right before earnings come out every day. Just doing some research. You know anyone who is going to beat expectations by a lot? I remember making close to 50% on RIMM a little over a year ago right when the earnings report came out after the bell. It went from $40 at 3.59 and at 4:00 when the earnings hit, it was at $60. It was a great day! I'm expecting some good earnings coming out this month. I don't expect the market to dip below 10k again but who knows.

Snype

Veteran
b of a will beat expectations on earnings... promise it....
We'll see what happens with that tomorrow. Personally, I'm staying away from banks. Google just went down almost 5% in extended hours after the earnings were released. I love trading on earnings reports for less than 30 minutes then sell everything. The ability to short companies and make money on it is so great!

I find that the futures are much easier to trade than individual compaines. Theres so much room for manipulation with individual equities... And then, theres' the much more favorable tax treatment that Futures traders enjoy.

B

blancorasta

banks are one of the first signs you're see movement in and it'll come with large cap banks.

Once the market makes big moves on the upside, I start shorting the market because I don't believe that the economy is as good as people think so it's more likely to come back down as hedge funs take their profits.

yo snype,
what do think about buying gold and silver as both investment and hedge, particularly scrap jewelry and sterling silverwear and such as to buy well below spot price?

Snype

Veteran
yo snype,
what do think about buying gold and silver as both investment and hedge, particularly scrap jewelry and sterling silverwear and such as to buy well below spot price?

I don't know about scrap jewelry but I've been buying gold and silver for many years. For the past few years, I've been buying 1 24k ounce gold eagles at the coin stores. I'd rater have gold sitting around than dollars cause long terms you know it's going up. I feel like within the next 3 years, gold will hit close to 2k an ounce but each coin is floating around 1300. I don't like it at $1300 right now and it may go down to 1100 but I don't see it going much lower than that. Who knows, it might not even come back down. It's much smaller than cash and if you need to cash it in, ounce coins are perfect cause they stay below 10k for IRS purposes. They won't report you if you cash in less than 10k at a time and you can go to what ever country that you want with how ever much money in gold that you want to bring. A back back of gold is a lot more money than a back pack of dollars. I wish the US had a $500 or $1000 dollar bill.

B

blancorasta

A back back of gold is a lot more money than a back pack of dollars. I wish the US had a $500 or $1000 dollar bill.
i know this is a little off topic for the thread but...
no shit right, have you ever heard of robert mugabe, the leader of zimbabwe? i guess they used the same central banking system and fiat currency that we use, and through printing money without backing he hyperinflated their economy an they had to make a $100 million dollar bill and allot of them. now zimbabwe runs off strait gold, no gold no food no nothing.

imagine if we never left the gold standard how far better off our country woul be. the constitutional definition of a dollar is 1.6 grams of gold. todays value per gram is down $.58 at $38.26, some inflationary math $38.26 x 1.6= $61.22 should be the purchasing power of a single dollar bill. in 1933 before the federal reserve bank made gold possesion illegal (they forced citizens to turn in all their gold; other than jewelry) and removed the gold standard you could buy the same goods for $1 as today for over sixty. from 1933 to today the dollar has lost over 97% of its value. imagine if in 1933 you saved your life savings in cash in a shoe box, by now you have lost your ass. we are all being constantly slowly robbed.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I find that the futures are much easier to trade than individual compaines. Theres so much room for manipulation with individual equities... And then, theres' the much more favorable tax treatment that Futures traders enjoy.

Im interested in trading oil. Etrade has a futures platform, but it only runs on XP.

Snype

Veteran
Bank of America reported better than expected earnings and the stock is down almost 9 today. This is why I've been staying away from banks in the current market. FTWR is what I bought today at $4.20 a share and I'm hoping to sell it by Tuesday to make a profit of at least 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.